So who's playing?

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Also just an aside but the ones who bang on about how important it is to be a teamplayer are generally those who need to be carried by said team rather than do the carrying themselves.

I'd agree. I fully acknowledge teamwork is vital, but to me that's just a given, most people I see saying, "Yeah, but teamwork!" are doing it as a means of excusing their lack of independent skill because teamwork (ie. the work of others) is what allows them to survive.

DeletedUser84793

its been a nice day of discussion in this thread...but the way i see it..in all honesty..every player is different and brings different talents to the table..i intend to use anything and anyone to help me kill all enemy's who threaten the security and well being of my tribe mates or friends! fair warning to all the so called apex predators of the world...lol you guys can have at it now..time to give other threads some love...later gators! I respect you all regardless of color or creed.

THE MURPH ALL CAPS

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Also just an aside but the ones who bang on about how important it is to be a teamplayer are generally those who need to be carried by said team rather than do the carrying themselves.

Team play is so important. I have really good teamplay ability. Seriously if you can teamplay you can play. Definitely most important aspect of the game. Love teamplay and encourage it in my tribes. I am a teamplayer and I am the best (bandit)

a.K.a elmoo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
The problem here is that people dont really appreciate the scale of this game and their own relative abilities.

In stealthy's case he's probably better than 90% of the player base so in that sense he is 'skilled' however given that still means that 10% of players are better than him thats still thousands of people per world. I mean you can be better than 99% of the playerbase and still not be very good in comparison with the ones who are better than 99.9% of TW players.

Theres also the consideration that there are so many different aspects of the game and you can be talented at some of them but poor at the others. I know multiple world winners, rank 1 players who are fantastic macro players who would easy crush me in account building but cant snipe. And that is completely okay, it takes a lot more 'skill' in my mind to build an account properly and cycle troops efficiently than it does to hit a button at a certain millisecond although both are important skills in terms of overall gameplay. Good snipers get a lot more recognition/acknowledgement than the guy who nobles barbs smartly and gets a solid account going which is kinda unfair. People just dont appreciate how important it is to be well-rounded player and some of the best players in this game just get on and put the work in day in day out and quietly do the job that needs doing.

If someone is purely good at the early game and consistently achieves top results then you can easily say that they are one of the best at start-ups but you cant say they are one of the best TW players because start-up takes a small fraction of the overall world timescale. Yes some things just scale up and are fundamentally the same from 100-10000 villages but the management of scaling up is in itself a skill. Personally i find lategame boring and you'll rarely find me logging in once a world is 'won' and its clean-up time to get the win % and for that reason i would never consider myself a great player because I dont play all aspects of the game at a high level

So well written, cant agree more. Players that are good at making clusters and play safe will tend to be in situation to snipe just when there is no other solution, while self confident and accurate players will tend to noble better village, even if its quite far from the nearest village(s)

And also, one of the important things, is handling situation with high number of incomings. Most players will just send away nukes or any kind of off army, and let the far nukes kill some def near to the front (and think "thats nice, I killed a lot of nukes, stupid attackers"). During second wave, he will understand the mistake he made, but will be too late...

codygoodthegreat

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
speaking of this ^ Is there a fake limit on this world? I miss the days of ruining people weekend with 20 thousand attacks

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Eh, that to me is largely dependent on circumstances that can't really be generalized. Defense tends to rebuild much faster than offense, so long as you don't have a shortage of defense (and as far as I'm concerned you shouldn't, I tend to play close to 70% D), you should be able to stack against nukes and typically come out well ahead when doing so.

a.K.a elmoo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Eh, that to me is largely dependent on circumstances that can't really be generalized. Defense tends to rebuild much faster than offense, so long as you don't have a shortage of defense (and as far as I'm concerned you shouldn't, I tend to play close to 70% D), you should be able to stack against nukes and typically come out well ahead when doing so.

Its about nukes that are 20h far from the frontline. I would gladly sacrifice several of those nukes to kill some frontline def.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Still seems debatable, not saying you should never dodge, but sometimes dodging and losing your walls isn't the best choice either. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it's hard to judge all situations as a generalization due to varying circumstances.

codygoodthegreat

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
also depends if its tribe support from backlines or if its your frontline troops your losing.. too many varibles to this one

a.K.a elmoo

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
I was talking about mobile frontline def, not stacio from the behind. But agree, depends of situation, and the fact there is no PP anymore. Also, no more 10 paladins and 10 fast def nukes to rotate, killing and reviving paladins in 10 min, double flag and other stuff that new players used to do during recent worlds (but as I see, not a lot of them here, mostly ran to 101)

Zalinor

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Jslips

Who’s in need of a co? Looking to get back on the map. Haven’t played since W97 maybe W98?