Social Worlds

SocialCrane

Hi! I've been a fan of this type of genre, and a fan of Tribal Wars in general. What I'd like to suggest, would be a world with no conquering at all, just so we can have fun.

In Resume:
-Make a World without conquers, where we can have fun without the fear of being conquered
-People who like conquering can play on other worlds.

Why am I suggesting this?
Now I know that some might have fun conquering, but that's why you can play on multiple worlds. Some might get frustrated when they lose a big village progress, and that's the case for me as well, because I suffered at least 5 BIG losses. Also, most people playing Tribal Wars, play it with the fear of getting conquered. I want to suggest some worlds where that fear is gone.

Detail:
The same, like any other world, with the exception of removing the Academies entirely (and maybe replacing it with something else).

Possible flaws:
I actually don't see any, except for going a little against the Title "Tribal WARS". Although, you can still attack other players and destroy their towns (but not conquer). Also, as I said earlier, you could play on other worlds if you wouldn't like the idea and like conquering.

harbinger297

To be honest I actually think a world like this would be good, and would increase the number of players who stick around and play. It could also sever as a "training world" for pre-mades or new players to get used to the game. You will get alot of people going "tribal hugs" but all that means, is that the players who want to fight are on one world together, and those who dont are on the other together. Would suit both types of players, we can't really afford to lose players at all just because they don't like the fighting side. I think once they get used to the game they will come to enjoy it, but just being thrown in there can ruin it for players who feel like they have no hope.

Of course there should only be the 1 world of these, that perhaps gets progressively reset every few months or something, and perhaps you could label it the "training" world, to avoid it being the "hug" world.

valtheran88

Contributing Poster
make it a continuous world...after so long a player turns barb and are banned from that world....? make it a partially real training world?

harbinger297

Another idea could be not a 10X10 type of world, but rather a roaming "oblong" type of world, so that way everyone always starts up near the other newest players, and a player cant continually dominate the thing as you can't send attacks outside of your grid.

For a visual thing, if a normal world is like this:

XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|

And newest players start in the middle going outwards, then the roaming world would be like this:

XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX|XXX

And start on the left and keep joining to the right. It just keeps going as each section fills up (indefinitely) it rolls to the next section for new joiners, and you can't send an attack across so many fields to the left or right.

I don't know if that would be possible, but throwing it out there. I got the idea from a online-graffiti website that I can't remember exactly, where they had the same rolling type of things for people.

KillerKommando

Contributing Poster
The problem I see is people becoming too used to the world and they wouldn't be able to adjust very well to a normal world.

crazycooper

It would be okay... It will be a bash round though :p but I woul try it out for the sole purpose to practice ops.

KillerKommando

Contributing Poster
Another issue I'm seeing is working for weeks to build up a village, only to have it catted. Without the other villages gained through conquering, it will be that much harder to bounce back.

harbinger297

Unlimited hauls from nearby barbs? The barbs just have endless 400K resources or something? Perhaps also include a sleep mode? (With a notification that "when you step into the real deal, there will be no sleep mode so you will need to plan ahead for the times you will not be online" or something like that). The sleep mode would be good to prevent people being cleared overnight but also teaching how to plan for being off-line, not only being on-line 24/7 as the only way to play.

KillerKommando

Contributing Poster
That may help to alleviate the issues, but they would still be present. More than resources, I think that the rebuild time is what would turn people off the most.

I don't think sleep mode would help to prepare people for an actual world, actually I think it would hurt, but its better than nothing.

For the record, I'm not against the idea, but it needs a ton more work to be anywhere close to a viable world.

Marshall BK

Non-stop Poster
Hmm interesting concept to say the least. You could have a grace period of somany weeks or maybe a several months of no attacks period to get people used to building up villages. Then set it up for no farming for a month. Once people get their feet wet and used to being attacked. Install all the normal attacking parameters :) and have a nice free for all.

Just my humble thoughts. Otherwise noobs ;) like Val will have to settle for playing Xbox360 :)

Junker.

Contributing Poster
One question though, what would you do when you've "mastered" your village? since no conq. are allowed, are you just going to send your nuke away and re build a new one - or wait to get attacked??

sacredfool

Jamm told me in the very early beta that's how it actually was. :icon_biggrin:

Norman the Catfish

You can't destroy other peoples stuff in sim city / facebook.

Danzo046

I personally like the idea, it sounds calm, so you dont need to think, 'Oh god i hope nothings happened over night'. If this were a real world i would join straight away!

But sleep mode wouldn't work as this is an international game, this is .net not a nation specific server.