Soldiers Memorial

DeletedUser

Hello All,

This is my first post in the forum so forgive me if I make a total balls-up but here we go.

I was advised to post information here about the Soldiers Memorial that I dedicated in K82 on April 25th. It is located at [village]262|819[/village] and details can be found on my own profile.

This is not a Memorial to TW players but to those in Real Life who made the ultimate sacrifice in all conflicts, all nationalities, past and present, man or woman, friend or foe.

I have been humbled by the response so far and may you see fit to make your own tribute. Thank you for taking the time to read my small contribution.

Respect
[player]Big MacGregor[/player]

DeletedUser

If you read his profile then yes

Send one scout to support the village.

darkaniken2

First off, this is the wrong section. Secondly, while I support soldiers, there are far more effective means of showing ones support.

DeletedUser

So far 1026 (or something like that) people have sent scouts.

Dunno if thats true but thats not a bad effort i guess

DeletedUser

Clarification

I have dedicated Soldiers Memorial - read profile (262|819) K82 as a Memorial to all of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in real life as a payment of respect.

The Village is now built to it's maximum capacity but with only one Scout as a protector. You may pay homage by adding one of your own Scouts as support.

There are now 1090+ at the last count and I humbly thank those who have contributed and in keeping with tradition, contributions will remain anonymous.

UPDATE: Players are now sending Scouts from each of their villages and numbers are rising. Let's see how many we can accumulate and show everyone that we internet gamers are not just nerds or nuts.

I wonder how many we will have by International Remembrance Day at the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month?

With thanks and respect,

MacGregor

DeletedUser

First off, this is the wrong section. Secondly, while I support soldiers, there are far more effective means of showing ones support.

I'm sorry you feel that way, darkaniken, can you point me to the correct section?

I'd also be delighted to learn of one of the far more effective means of showing one's support and I will genuinely consider adopting that also.

Many thanks.

darkaniken2

I'm sorry you feel that way, darkaniken, can you point me to the correct section?

I'd also be delighted to learn of one of the far more effective means of showing one's support and I will genuinely consider adopting that also.

Many thanks.
The correct section would be the General Discussion area. You can mail leviant to have it moved, though it may take some time.

A more effective way would be to do volunteer work for veterans: help out veterans who became disabled in service, aid the elderly veterans who fought in bygone wars, donate time and money to one of the many charities that support veterans and soldiers.

DeletedUser

Yeah he could do that dark, but basically no-one else will.

I think he created this that way people can do minimal effort but still feel like they contributed to something.

Although, yes it's just a game, but everyone pays their respects in different ways. I do like the idea.

DeletedUser94483

The correct section would be the General Discussion area. You can mail leviant to have it moved, though it may take some time.

A more effective way would be to do volunteer work for veterans: help out veterans who became disabled in service, aid the elderly veterans who fought in bygone wars, donate time and money to one of the many charities that support veterans and soldiers.

I do have to say personally as a soldier that has been deployed and come back, that when I first read this it was really touching. Macca is doing a great thing because as much as doing all of those things yes is good for injured veterans there are veterans who en masse that play this game are allowed to see some form of appreciation for the work they are doing. Knowing that what you do is appreciated is one thing seeing support and acknowledgement is something that goes above just mere knowledge.

Sincerely,

Master Valtheran88 Lord of Light