Some home truths about Screw

DeletedUser119533

There wasn't room for his ego in SCREW where you already have Ghio1. You are a funny guy. Don't get me wrong though, I think Friend or Foe is insufferable and I wouldn't have him in one of my tribes.

Asking your own tribemate to clear a target and then backstabbing him when he loses most of his troops to gain two villages for the price of one. Classic. People proud of that nowadays I see.

I do have a big ego, which is most of the reason i am hit in the back, as they want to bring me down a peg or too, i wont deny that. But attacking me in the back, while offline, with support out in tribe villages, just proved my point, that those players are not as good as me, as they could have fought me properly.

It is a shame that the tribe tried to get me to clear the village, just to noble it and then attack me. I am a little sad that i lost some troops helping him clear for then to be nobled by the same player. But it just goes to show that these players are shit and are scared, which is why i am better than them. They are all scared too lose there troops, so wont fight, even though the odds of losing the troops is about 5%, they instead backstab tribemates when they know troops are out, and it obviously happened to several players. It never happened because i was arrogant within the tribe or caused problems, it happened because they wanted cheap villages and i am not in the click.

By the way you say i am hit a lot by tribemates here are my stats

93 - backstabbed by tribe
92 - no tribe would take me after war with so!
89 - i gifted my village
87 - i never got in a real tribe, was rimmed while sat by w0sh09 sat my account.

where is the constant backstabbing you guys are talking about? I complain when i see cheats

such as in this world, with screw players openly having other accounts set up for them to noble
in 87 some std players multi accounting. I do not get along with the elite tribes like std and screw on most worlds, because its full of the so called elite players, who are not elite, they are wannabes who have set up every advantage possible and then win and brag, it is nothing to brag about, playing with seven accounts and being rank 1 is not a skill, it means you have a lot of time on your hands and no gf.

You all say how tw is getting worse, and it is because of players like these, who make the game so there is no competition, so no fun. It is dying because of the people and you guys all say well its common place accept it. I stand up and say stop cheating and play with some skill, which makes enemies, as people do not like having there acheivements undermined.

It is not a war game anymore, its more like a chat room with socially awkward numpties, who think they are bad ass for attacking a tribemate offline, because they did not like him. While also thinking they are great for being rank one because they have had friends set up accounts so they can get there unchallenged. Obviously there are still a lot of decent players out in this game, who play fair, but those guys are leaving and we all know why.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Mighty Neck Beard

I do have a big ego, which is most of the reason i am hit in the back, as they want to bring me down a peg or too, i wont deny that. But attacking me in the back, while offline, with support out in tribe villages, just proved my point, that those players are not as good as me, as they could have fought me properly.

It is a shame that the tribe tried to get me to clear the village, just to noble it and then attack me. I am a little sad that i lost some troops helping him clear for then to be nobled by the same player. But it just goes to show that these players are shit and are scared, which is why i am better than them. They are all scared too lose there troops, so wont fight, even though the odds of losing the troops is about 5%, they instead backstab tribemates when they know troops are out, and it obviously happened to several players. It never happened because i was arrogant within the tribe or caused problems, it happened because they wanted cheap villages and i am not in the click.

By the way you say i am hit a lot by tribemates here are my stats

93 - backstabbed by tribe
89 - i gifted my village
87 - i never got in a real tribe, was rimmed while sat by w0sh09 sat my account.

where is the constant backstabbing you guys are talking about? I complain when i see cheats

such as in this world, with screw players openly having other accounts set up for them to noble
in 87 some std players multi accounting. I do not get along with the elite tribes like std and screw on most worlds, because its full of the so called elite players, who are not elite, they are wannabes who have set up every advantage possible and then win and brag, it is nothing to brag about, playing with seven accounts and being rank 1 is not a skill, it means you have a lot of time on your hands and no gf.

You all say how tw is getting worse, and it is because of players like these, who make the game so there is no competition, so no fun. It is dying because of the people and you guys all say well its common place accept it. I stand up and say stop cheating and play with some skill, which makes enemies, as people do not like having there acheivements undermined.

It is not a war game anymore, its more like a chat room with socially awkward numpties, who think they are bad ass for attacking a tribemate offline, because they did not like him. While also thinking they are great for being rank one because they have had friends set up accounts so they can get there unchallenged. Obviously there are still a lot of decent players out in this game, who play fair, but those guys are leaving and we all know why.

Remember when you were against Raver joining..at 800 points you said you were going to noble him, he's now rank 3. That alone shows your ignorance never mind your huge ego. Quit whining and get over it, its a web browser game no need to get emotionally invested.

Last edited by a moderator:

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
"93 - backstabbed by tribe
89 - i gifted my village
87 - i never got in a real tribe, was rimmed while sat by w0sh09 sat my account. "

Someone's clearly got issues getting along with their tribemates.

I've never found it overly difficult to join top tribes, or to remain in them.

You're likely either miserable to be around, or you're terrible at the game. Or both.

I've played TribalWars for just shy of a decade, never been backstabbed by anyone in my tribe. Not once.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

There have been jokes about planets circling my ego's gravitational force for years.

Luckily for me false humility isn't something you need to practice to get along with people.

You just need to know how good you are, and to not act like you're better than you are. You also need to acknowledge that no matter how good you are, it never earns you special treatment.

I might be your tribemate. I might be a much better player than you. My villages still don't inherently deserve to receive greater tribal support than yours do.

The problem isn't that there's people on this game with egos. The problem is that the players on this game are affected by the dunning-kruger effect.

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is. Psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive incapacity, on the part of those with low ability, to recognize their ineptitude and evaluate their competence accurately. Their research also suggests corollaries: high-ability individuals may underestimate their relative competence and may erroneously assume that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others.

Dunning has since drawn an analogy – "the anosognosia of everyday life"[5][6] – with a condition in which a person who experiences a physical disability because of brain injury seems unaware of, or denies the existence of, the disability, even for dramatic impairments such as blindness or paralysis: "If you're incompetent, you can't know you're incompetent.… [T]he skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is."[5]

This pattern of over-estimating competence was seen in studies of skills as diverse as reading comprehension, practicing medicine, operating a motor vehicle, and playing games such as chess or tennis. Dunning and Kruger proposed that, for a given skill, incompetent people will:[4]

• fail to recognize their own lack of skill
  • fail to recognize the extent of their inadequacy
  • fail to accurately gauge skill in others
  • recognize and acknowledge their own lack of skill only after they are exposed to training for that skill
A huge number of this games players believe they are good at this game. Most of them hold that false belief forever. Occasionally some of them actually get good at it, and then they realize how bad at it they used to be despite not having realized it at the time.

Last edited:

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I said, and I quote: If anyone could just ignore this village, a friend of mine, doesn't farm, so he won't slow anyone down, might build the village so we can noble in the future; thanks ;) (doesn't say I'll noble, doesn't mean I wouldn't if he had built, but probably someone else since it's too far to noble with 1 and too costly to build a train at this stage).

Not getting into the tribal drama aspect of the thread, as I simply don't care enough about it to even pretend to be invested. But this part struck me as being rather amusing.

People believe creating noble trains early on is "too costly"? Most top players have been making noble trains in their first villages before nobling for at least a decade. Typically they've had the train completed the same day their academy was built, or in particularly bad situations, the train was completed the following day.

I've played package worlds where I queued academy 1, 2, and 3 at the same time the moment smithy 20 was finished building, and had all 3 nobles completely paid for before level 3 academy had finished building. Anyone arguing that 1 noble is the way to go needs to reassess their gameplan.