Some Ideas

Shlomzi

Hey,

Some of you know that when I had a little more time available, I tried to contribute to these forums a little more than just constantly being a [insert explicit word here] to a lot of people.

So, these forums really are currently going around two things - SYN vs NERD, and RBL vs SCUM. Not much else is happening, and it is getting tedious and boring.

As such, I will be doing the following (to hopefully add some diversity and variety to these forums):

a) Re-starting the Surveys.
b) Monthly in-depth analysis (first one this weekend) of the top 20 tribes.

I am willing to do a newspaper by myself on a monthly basis (as with the analysis) but it appears Silver Saint already has that covered, so unless you wish for me to do so, I won't bother.

Anyone who has any other suggestions is welcome to post them here (or PM them to me) and I will look into it.

I will accept suggestions that aren't extremely time consuming (hence why I'm doing once a month with the analysis, once a week with surveys) to hopefully add a little more to this forum.

Thanks,
-Shlomz

Faetzy

Will you buy me premium monthly? :icon_cool:

But, i think your idea shall bring some life to the forums, i respect those trying to (Saint,Kev,Conor) :) keep up the good work and look forward to your threads.

Shlomzi

Will you buy me premium monthly? :icon_cool:

But, i think your idea shall bring some life to the forums, i respect those trying to (Saint,Kev,Conor) :) keep up the good work and look forward to your threads.

I already gave you plenty whenever you wanted it :icon_razz:

darkrence

maps.
nice way to do a monthly map would be take a map in start and in end. overlap them to show growth or loss. making one layer (the one with more villages.) on top and lower the others opacity to say 50%. would also help you in your analysis.

be nice to see some growth charts. easy to make. too
like. villages gained ; barbs%, EOO%, other tribes%, tribeless%
and points gained by these. and loss.

be neat and you can see who's actively fighting or just growing in size

mail me if you need help i have to much time. just let me know what you want.

edit: i also always wanted to see a map of current wars. aka top tribes or just tribes at war and put a red highlight on "war zone front lines" if there is any..(only problem if one tribes colored red..)

Last edited:

Shlomzi

maps.
nice way to do a monthly map would be take a map in start and in end. overlap them to show growth or loss. making one layer (the one with more villages.) on top and lower the others opacity to say 50%. would also help you in your analysis.

be nice to see some growth charts. easy to make. too
like. villages gained ; barbs%, EOO%, other tribes%, tribeless%
and points gained by these. and loss.

be neat and you can see who's actively fighting or just growing in size

mail me if you need help i have to much time. just let me know what you want.

Charts are a good idea, I'll take that on board.

(Regarding maps, I don't make maps - but I know people who do. I'll contact them in regards to it.)

Faetzy

I already gave you plenty whenever you wanted it :icon_razz:

:O lies. You spared me 1pp that time :) as i bought 5pp, played a speed round giving me 4pp, then my W37 expired :O and you were the generous one... the only one out of my 600-700 skype contacts lol

Rvglos

This is starting to feel like a community! Bring on the good times! lol

DeletedUser137

If you are realy going to do this, I can have another bash at my world in numbers program since I finally sorted that issue with Microsoft blocking my drivers in their latest update.

It will take me another 2 or 3 days again though of solid work and now i'm back at college, it will take all week if not more.

DeletedUser

I have a suggestion regarding the surveys. Basically, the survey questions ask people to rate tribes and they are easy to fill out. But what they do (the surveys, that is) is basically give you a feel about how people feel about tribes at a point. They don't tell you how and why people feel or think about certain tribes the way they do.

So I suggest the inclusion of a few questions, which would allow people to explain their rating of the tribes (not more than say, 3 lines or so?). These responses might even later help in the monthly analysis.

DeletedUser

If you have spare time to do a monthly news paper, you should. If you don't have the time then you shouldn't have to worry about it too much.

Shlomzi

I have a suggestion regarding the surveys. Basically, the survey questions ask people to rate tribes and they are easy to fill out. But what they do (the surveys, that is) is basically give you a feel about how people feel about tribes at a point. They don't tell you how and why people feel or think about certain tribes the way they do.

So I suggest the inclusion of a few questions, which would allow people to explain their rating of the tribes (not more than say, 3 lines or so?). These responses might even later help in the monthly analysis.

I'll add in an extra 5 non-compulsory questions in the next survey with text fields so people can give their opinions.

If you have spare time to do a monthly news paper, you should. If you don't have the time then you shouldn't have to worry about it too much.

I was waiting for my exam results (which I got today) before I decided how much time I'd have to cut back on internet use and put into study.

As my results were good, I should (note: should, not definite) have enough time to do so.

Last edited by a moderator: