Some spicy gossip for w100. The tale of a serial backstabber.

DeletedUser

I've literally been rank 1 every world I've done defense startup on in the core. (3 for 3)

Please tell me more about everything I'm doing wrong.

You make spears and swords in barracks, you make lc in stable. You rush hc, you switch from lc to hc when able.

Skipping lc doesn't net you more defense, it nets you less defense because making lc enables constant queues. Yes, the result is a mixed village rather than a defensive village, but at the first village stage the strongest defense is a mixed village. A mixed village is capable of nobling just as well as an O village can because your lc+hc very easily clears an opponents offense.

Experiment, learn how to play from experience, not by regurgitating what others have told you works.

It really depends what your goal is.

Personally, I've been rank 1 early game but generally that's not my goal. Being rank 1 often puts a target on your back more than it is worth. This applies to both on the tribal and individual level as people often try gang up. I prefer to take a lower risk approach to get safely into Midgame where I know I can thrive in a lower variance environment.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It really depends what your goal is.

Personally, I've been rank 1 early game but generally that's not my goal. Being rank 1 often puts a target on your back more than it is worth. This applies to both on the tribal and individual level. I prefer to take a lower risk approach to get safely into Midgame where I know I can thrive.

I don't see how that even touches on whether a defensive first village is viable.

I also don't buy that anyone intentionally strives to not be rank 1. It might not be a super important priority to you, but I don't think you're intentionally idling your HQ when you have spare resources, or minting fewer coins than you can so as to not draw attention.

DeletedUser

I don't see how that even touches on whether a defensive first village is viable.

I also don't buy that anyone intentionally strives to not be rank 1. It might not be a super important priority to you, but I don't think you're intentionally idling your HQ when you have spare resources, or minting fewer coins than you can so as to not draw attention.

Defensive first village is perfectly viable.

Sure, it really depends when you want to be rank 1 and for how long. You can be rank 1 at 300 points or so by just spamming all the major buildings, is it beneficial or not? I prefer to end a world rank 1 rather than unnecessarily risk getting a target on my back early on in the game.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Defensive first village is perfectly viable.

Sure, it really depends when you want to be rank 1 and for how long. You can be rank 1 at 300 points or so by just spamming all the major buildings, is it beneficial or not? I prefer to end a world rank 1 rather than unnecessarily risk getting a target on my back early on in the game.

The 300 point example is bad. Rank 1 at 300 points often doesn't have the strongest account. Rank 1 at 4,000 or 5,000 often does, or at least is among the strongest accounts. It's not like the buildings just give points with no other useful benefits.

ie. Even on W63, my the D startup I referenced above I didn't break top 20 till 400-500 points, but by ~600 I was rank 1. So, no, rank 1 at 300 points isn't an amazing strategic feat, but once people can have constant stable, barracks, workshop, and HQ queues simultaneously then ranks definitely start to have some meaning, and I don't think anyone intentionally idles their HQ when they could afford constant queues just to avoid raising ranks.

Regardless, it wasn't meant to be a debate about the importance of rank 1 at startup, etc. merely evidence that defense startup totally works and is not a terrible strategy as Unaundra tried suggesting.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

The 300 point example is bad. Rank 1 at 300 points often doesn't have the strongest account. Rank 1 at 4,000 or 5,000 often does, or at least is among the strongest accounts. It's not like the buildings just give points with no other useful benefits.

ie. Even on W63, my the D startup I referenced above I didn't break top 20 till 400-500 points, but by ~600 I was rank 1. So, no, rank 1 at 300 points isn't an amazing strategic feat, but once people can have constant stable, barracks, workshop, and HQ queues simultaneously then ranks definitely start to have some meaning, and I don't think anyone intentionally idles their HQ when they could afford constant queues just to avoid raising ranks.

Regardless, it wasn't meant to be a debate about the importance of rank 1 at startup, etc. merely evidence that defense startup totally works and is not a terrible strategy as Unaundra tried suggesting.

Yes, I was using an overly hyperbolic example, in fact rank 1 at 300 points is generally not indicative of being a top account.

I do agree on you in general with defensive startup. At the worst case, you can generally noble a very easy target and just boost that second village up faster than anyone in the area. It may well even be optimal, but I'm not a start-up fiend so I wouldn't know.

Unaundra

if you have 2k spear and sword in your village

and if there is two players have 2k axe and 1k lc as active as you are and they want your head and they know how to play and retime like you

Can you defeat them with your defense ? you may survive and kill their nobles but they will destroy you

so the best tactic is to build 300 spear and 300 sword and work as a team to support who need the support

what you are trying to say does not matter

you have to rely on friends always to help your tribe growth

Last edited:

DeletedUser

and if there is two players have 2k axe and 1k lc as active as you are and they want your head

Can you defeat them with your defense ?

Ermmm...literally the only way you could beat that/go even is with the start-up that nauzhror is advocating, assuming both parties were optimal in their build paths and actions. If you built full offence in that situation, you'd be screwed no matter what you did. Not saying one approach is better than the other, but one is certainly safer.

ToPaT

and if there is two players have 2k axe and 1k lc as active as you are and they want your head and they know how to play and retime like you

Can you defeat them with your defense ? you may survive but they will destroy you

You'd dodge? o_O

Apathetic h0llygh0st

Consumer of Beverages
Reaction score
You'd dodge? o_O

No man, you backtime his O with your D.

DeletedUser80534

I have to agree that people shouldn't sit on claims for ages while there are others around who could noble it. It could potentially also end up in enemy hands. I would never have given that village back. 1. What a massive waste of nobles. You could in turn just clear another village of similar points for the other to noble.

From what I read, there were basically two factions and they werent used to doing things in the same way as the other.

From Sam's explanation he's a nub, but also just playing the game with little care for loyalty or friends, points focussed in a very noob way. Where the W19 guys are all about loyalty and friends, game focussed.

I could be wrong but this is the picture I'm getting:

Sic's faction's strength was lacking in comparison to Sam's faction.

The tribe was in a bad spot, with exterior pressures like everyone around them thinking they're food.

Therefore, blaming Sam explicitly for this tribe's failure isn't right. It seems like they're looking for someone to blame for the tribe failing when their members couldn't own up to the difficult area around them.

Things said like 'we need strength to get diplomacy' makes me think the tribe was quite weak.

Stuff like cutting members makes it clear that Sam has an different picture of what a strong tribe is, compared to sic, who is a nubcake of a different kind and shouldnt have let Sam intimidate him to kick a friend no matter what.

Maybe there was nothing wrong with the tribe at all and Sam being a nub caused devision in it where it actually could have been great, but I'm not 100% sold on that.

Saying "he made the other tribe mad", don't you think this other tribe would have targeted your tribe anyway, even with Sam never being there at all? Being on the doorstep of another tribe with nobles, you were bound to end up in a war anyway.

There seemed to be a lot of blaming and noobish behaviour in this tribe anyway.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

Can you defeat them with your defense ? you may survive and kill their nobles but they will destroy you

what you are trying to say does not matter

you have to rely on friends always to help you out

It's like you didn't even read the posts. When playing defense startup you still make lc. Making lc results in more defensive power, not less because it increases your resource income and enables a higher level barracks, not to mention you can technically defend with lc if necessary.

Your scenario would never happen, two people near me both growing as fast as me is around a 1 in 250,000 chance, but I'll humor you. Here's time balanced troop totals:

2000 axes, 1095 lc, 213 rams

1,049 swords and spears, 1095 lc (or 500, and 298 hc), 213 rams

upload_2018-5-26_14-42-0.png

upload_2018-5-26_14-44-30.png

"D"/Mixed Village account wins the 1v1. Yes, they lose a 2v1 vs, 2 equal players, but that's a given, play well though and the odds of 2 equal opponents being near you is slim to none.

Making defense in your first village is THE best way to build an account that can handle adversity. Bar none.

The more likely scenario is not the one above, it's the one below:

3bFuRtS.png

Please tell me how you handle 5 attackers like that as offense. Your only hope is to split your offense 5 ways and try to backtime them all at once and pray none of them are stacked. If you backtime one at a time rather than all five at once, one of the ones you don't backtime initially can backtime you.

Except that splitting offense 5 ways also means you don't have 213 rams with each attack and have to clear 5 sets of militia so you get screwed as shown below.

aBzz6g4.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-26_14-35-43.png
    upload_2018-5-26_14-35-43.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

DeletedUser50073

I have to agree that people shouldn't sit on claims for ages while there are others around who could noble it. It could potentially also end up in enemy hands. I would never have given that village back. 1. What a massive waste of nobles. You could in turn just clear another village of similar points for the other to noble.

From what I read, there were basically two factions and they werent used to doing things in the same way as the other.

From Sam's explanation he's a nub, but also just playing the game with little care for loyalty or friends, points focussed in a very noob way. Where the W19 guys are all about loyalty and friends, game focussed.

I could be wrong but this is the picture I'm getting:

Sic's faction's strength was lacking in comparison to Sam's faction.

The tribe was in a bad spot, with exterior pressures like everyone around them thinking they're food.

Therefore, blaming Sam explicitly for this tribe's failure isn't right. It seems like they're looking for someone to blame for the tribe failing when their members couldn't own up to the difficult area around them.

Things said like 'we need strength to get diplomacy' makes me think the tribe was quite weak.

Stuff like cutting members makes it clear that Sam has an different picture of what a strong tribe is, compared to sic, who is a nubcake of a different kind and shouldnt have let Sam intimidate him to kick a friend no matter what.

Maybe there was nothing wrong with the tribe at all and Sam being a nub caused devision in it where it actually could have been great, but I'm not 100% sold on that.

Saying "he made the other tribe mad", don't you think this other tribe would have targeted your tribe anyway, even with Sam never being there at all? Being on the doorstep of another tribe with nobles, you were bound to end up in a war anyway.

There seemed to be a lot of blaming and noobish behaviour in this tribe anyway.

Well the difference between sams crew and my crew, is I guarantee everyone in my crew went through more incomings than all of them combined in 1 world compared to their entire TW career. We know how to keep a village. But I challenge him to try us. This was my normal friday night in w19 for quite a while.
lXPXHvN.png

And thats why XLR, Slytown and Lauradestroya's tribe, had the .net record for ODA, from playing in w19. And the record was by a long shot. Thats why LOVERLOVER destroyed the OD calculator the the point where she couldn't gain anymore OD because she gained more than tribalwars was able to handle at the time. We are warriors. All w19 players have their stories that top others. I can tell you in 1 night I recieved 400 incoming nobles within 2 hours. And I lost 0 villages that night to hosein. I made hosein quit. We warred for years. Sam knows nothing about that,a few thousand incoming would seem like a lot to him since he was begging for support with less than 10. We know every kind of way to save a village like instinct. XLR and I may have been enemies on w19 but we became friends, and george and I spoke many nights on facebook about our similar issues in life. The fact that he killed SLY hits me deep.
JwL2XeI.png

I will not share our complete last words together but I will destroy any enemy that crosses my path in w100, I will no life it 100% like the old days because I made a damn promise! I am going to no life this world and I promise to name sams villages slytown. He can try everything he wants to stop me. I will eventually succeed. That is a promise Sam. I have a dedication to this world.

ALessonInPointWhoring

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Wait, locodice3? I remember that name, I started near you on a world and sent you a restart mail. You didn't take kindly to it, you linked me your W19 stats and responded saying you'd make me regret sending me the mail and that early game achievements were meaningless. Suffice it to say, you didn't - I badly outgrew you and you wound up restarting.

You might be good at late game, but that's unfortunately only one aspect of the game. If your growth early on is mediocre and you're near someone skilled at startup you'll never make it to lategame.

DeletedUser57259

Wait, locodice3? I remember that name, I started near you on a world and sent you a restart mail. You didn't take kindly to it, you linked me your W19 stats and responded saying you'd make me regret sending me the mail and that early game achievements were meaningless. Suffice it to say, you didn't - I badly outgrew you and you wound up restarting.

You might be good at late game, but that's unfortunately only one aspect of the game. If your growth early on is mediocre and you're near someone skilled at startup you'll never make it to lategame.
Never understood mails like that, might make some people bottle it but it also paints a target on your back.

Do they still happen? After 100 worlds anyone remotely active should have a big old account they can point to.

DeletedUser80534

Well the difference between sams crew and my crew, is I guarantee everyone in my crew went through more incomings than all of them combined in 1 world compared to their entire TW career. We know how to keep a village. But I challenge him to try us. This was my normal friday night in w19 for quite a while.
lXPXHvN.png

And thats why XLR, Slytown and Lauradestroya's tribe, had the .net record for ODA, from playing in w19. And the record was by a long shot. Thats why LOVERLOVER destroyed the OD calculator the the point where she couldn't gain anymore OD because she gained more than tribalwars was able to handle at the time. We are warriors. All w19 players have their stories that top others. I can tell you in 1 night I recieved 400 incoming nobles within 2 hours. And I lost 0 villages that night to hosein. I made hosein quit. We warred for years. Sam knows nothing about that,a few thousand incoming would seem like a lot to him since he was begging for support with less than 10. We know every kind of way to save a village like instinct. XLR and I may have been enemies on w19 but we became friends, and george and I spoke many nights on facebook about our similar issues in life. The fact that he killed SLY hits me deep.
JwL2XeI.png

I will not share our complete last words together but I will destroy any enemy that crosses my path in w100, I will no life it 100% like the old days because I made a damn promise! I am going to no life this world and I promise to name sams villages slytown. He can try everything he wants to stop me. I will eventually succeed. That is a promise Sam. I have a dedication to this world.

Yea I know your kind of crew and there's really nothing wrong with the way you play the game , but I can see how a person could get frustrated with it all if they didn't share your loyalty and dedication.

There are sometimes non-PP worlds on other servers too, maybe try one there if you fail here.

DeletedUser50073

I coplayed loco at 10Mill(edit not 10k sorry), he quit after 10k incoming. No idead about you in w19 because you didn't survive I guess. but I was trained by Ghettogirl07 and Tennismaster07 if you rembember them.

Incoming impact

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of crying like a baby, looks like the dictator sam already kicked a guy from the tribe! According to his profile
AWs3nmw.png

I have a feeling hoover there will be a day that you come to me and tell me that I was right about sam ;)

No he was kicked for leaking the Circ here if the proof

9f2ac4e466c6ba882c512e2cece6f22d.png

Keep up the lies Sic this is quite entertaining.

Sam