SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING

TheBarbarian

Wouldn't it be good if someone did something we could all judge them for?
Wouldn't it be good if some of these small rim tribes would merge so we could have a few decent scraps with the big boys to talk about?
Wouldn't it be good if NN attacked a tribe in the top 20?
Wouldn't it be good if any other tribe in the top 20 attacked NN?
Wouldn't it be good if there was another topic to talk about OTHER THAN Smart!/?

If you answered yes to these questions then I see you have two options.

1. DO SOMETHING
I'd be the first to tell you that I like talking about myself, but even I'm bored of laughing in -YES- and Vodka's faces at how poorly they're both doing. Seriously! World has been out a couple of months and the externals have gone dryer than a nun's baby cannon. I can only speak for myself here but every day I wake up praying that NN have found a reason to be of relevance in this world and every day they let me down. No declarations or PnP's about anyone. Is that just weak leadership or do their metaphorical balls sound like 3 year olds? There's only so much I can take of listening to Vodka's excuses for why they're so deep in Sinful Angel's pockets.

2. Beg for Shahyd's Return to W94 Forums in the Comments Below
Yes I did say that. And preferably before things get desperate.
He earned himself a fair bit of hate when he reviewed the top 10 tribes (on all occasions), true. But at the end of the day, his opinions stirred the pot and that's something I like to see. He was an asset to the forums in the early days and it gave me something else to read. Personally, I think he talks a load of pish but each to their own. I still miss it and I miss him. <3

Karl.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27158

I'm pretty sure NN declared on Purge., a top 20 tribe. Then there was no more Purge.

My sincerest apologies that NN members are not arrogant and self praising enough to captivate your interest and rejuvinate the externals. We will address that at the next meeting, I'm sure.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure NN declared on Purge., a top 20 tribe. Then there was no more Purge.

My sincerest apologies that NN members are not arrogant and self praising enough to captivate your interest and rejuvinate the externals. We will address that at the next meeting, I'm sure.

It's not about being arrogant it's about sparking up some fun by declaring on the externals and getting passionate!

DeletedUser27158

There is a fine line between PnP and the "mine is bigger" game. The reason the externals have taken a dive in recent years is because the forums are dominated by ego rather than class.

Shahyd made a valiant effort of sparking interesting topics of debate on the externals but he, like many others, was more interested in his own popularity rather than actual content.

It is impossible to keep a thread alive when the entirety of the dialogue is irrelevant bickering over penis size rather than an exchange of facts and unbiased opinions.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
There is a fine line between PnP and the "mine is bigger" game. The reason the externals have taken a dive in recent years is because the forums are dominated by ego rather than class.

I think the main reason for the dive in quality is the change in forum. Previously we had the rep system. Players like Incoming Impact and Balian in Ibelin were known as trolls because of this and red repped meaning no one really took heed of their trash talk. Now players like that have their run of the forums and that's what we are seeing now. Also there's no fear for trolling, if you were being an ass people would downrep you. I wouldn't be anywhere near as loud with trolling at times if it wasn't for the lack of consequences we now have.

It is impossible to keep a thread alive when the entirety of the dialogue is irrelevant bickering over penis size rather than an exchange of facts and unbiased opinions.

Almost every thread is people trying to prove they are better and that's precisely what keeps them alive.

DeletedUser27158

Almost every thread is people trying to prove they are better and that's precisely what keeps them alive.

I agree the lack of accountability with the forum rating system is a contributing factor to the drop in quality.

However, I would not call a thread 'alive' when it is the same 7 people trying to scream louder than the others about their gaming acumen. Even off of the internet world in order for a conversation to take place there needs to be an exchange of ideas through dialogue. When one person tells another, "I am the best player in the history of the world!" and their Interlocutor claims, "Well sir, that is impossible because I am the best player in the entire universe and your mother is a whore", there is not much more to be said.

While an exchange like that is entertaining to watch from the sidelines, as are these forums, they do little to advance activity.

Sinful Angel

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well with tribes such as NN doing no declarations all world we run out of things to talk about. That's what this post is complaining about. If NN was to declare externally when they fought Purge or in the future when they finally fight someone we'd have more interesting forums.

DeletedUser27158

Well with tribes such as NN doing no declarations all world we run out of things to talk about. That's what this post is complaining about. If NN was to declare externally when they fought Purge or in the future when they finally fight someone we'd have more interesting forums.

A fair point. If only any of us were skilled at PnP.

TheBarbarian

My lord!!! Might as well not bother writing posts in a mild tone since it clearly goes over people's heads.

PnP - Poltics and Propaganda. Nothing more, nothing less. I come to the externals for the right reasons. To provoke at the right moments, brag about how well my tribe is doing and on occasion try to ruffle some feathers as I'm clearly doing with this post. Which part of that is arrogant? It's nothing but draining when people react like this to a light-hearted joke. Why not try replying with some banter about my tribe instead of attacking my personality next time? We aren't all here to talk about the length of ones c*ck, just here to poke some fun at a tribe at the other side of the world. Hence PnP. Hence joke. Apparently its lost on some:eek:

Reacting like a child (forgive me) like you just did, satisfies the trolls but just p****s me off. The forums were better when people would spend a couple of minutes writing something witty, not by returning with a "you're arrogant and self-praising" which is just as good as the "Well sir, that is impossible because I am the best player in the entire universe and your mother is a whore" gag you just came up with.

Oh so my post wasn't lost on everyone. Thank goodness!

*EDIT
A fair point. If only any of us were skilled at PnP.

You don't have to be an author. Issue is that people can't be bothered to take 5 minutes out of their time to do it.

Karl.

DeletedUser27158

My lord!!! Might as well not bother writing posts in a mild tone since it clearly goes over people's heads.

PnP - Poltics and Propaganda. Nothing more, nothing less. I come to the externals for the right reasons. To provoke at the right moments, brag about how well my tribe is doing and on occasion try to ruffle some feathers as I'm clearly doing with this post. Which part of that is arrogant? It's nothing but draining when people react like this to a light-hearted joke. Why not try replying with some banter about my tribe instead of attacking my personality next time? We aren't all here to talk about the length of ones c*ck, just here to poke some fun at a tribe at the other side of the world. Hence PnP. Hence joke. Apparently its lost on some:eek:

Reacting like a child (forgive me) like you just did, satisfies the trolls but just p****s me off. The forums were better when people would spend a couple of minutes writing something witty, not by returning with a "you're arrogant and self-praising" which is just as good as the "Well sir, that is impossible because I am the best player in the entire universe and your mother is a whore" gag you just came up with.

No one attacked your personality. I made an accurate statement addressing your original post explaining why NN members are rarely heard from on the externals.

Additionally, no one is acting like a child. I can see that you inappropriately assumed my additional comments following my first reply were directed at you, which they were not, but at a vast majority of forum content. I suggest you take a deep breath and a sip of wine.

TheBarbarian

Unfortunately I'm more a man of beer:( You did say class was in short supply...

Well you'll forgive me but it sure as hell sounded like a dig. There's far too much negativity and you didn't exactly help lighten the tone :D

Karl.

grave maker

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score

Purge was already looking to merge its core player base before NN declared. Leadership could not find the activity that the tribe needed to give it long term promise. Notice how the main Purge players all went to Vodka, it was premeditated. NN declaration had nothing to do with it, Purge and NN were on bad terms for days/weeks before that. NN only declared after ex-Axe members hopped over, which at that point, was only a Pinky Benk op and then a clean up on left over villages after Vodka/NN agreement was arranged.

Last edited:

Mintyfresh

Skilled Soldier 18 & Master Commander 21 & 22
Reaction score
All forums get quiet over time. New worlds open and the number of players in the world decreases so its a fairly common occurance. w93 used to be busy as anything thanks to some notable characters but that has gone quiet by now as well

DeletedUser27158

Unfortunately I'm more a man of beer:( You did say class was in short supply...

Well you'll forgive me but it sure as hell sounded like a dig. There's far too much negativity and you didn't exactly help lighten the tone :D

Karl.

Apologies. Sarcasm does not come across easily over text. I enjoy a good brew as well, best of both worlds.

Purge was already looking to merge its core player base before NN declared. Leadership could not find the activity that the tribe needed to give it long term promise. Notice how the main Purge players all went to Vodka, it was premeditated. NN declaration had nothing to do with it, Purge and NN were on bad terms for days/weeks before that. NN only declared after ex-Axe members hopped over, which at that point, was only a Pinky Benk op and then a clean up on left over villages after Vodka/NN agreement was arranged.

I understand there was more at play with Purge.'s demise than NN declaring war. I was just addressing that NN did declare war on a top 20 tribe.

DeletedUser113200

NN doing their own and taking the trash out their respective K's.I don't think anyone wants PnP on continent skirmishes.Nothing of relevance to post as of yet.