SOTW 45 - Animation

DeletedUser

Welcome to Signature Of The Week 45!

The theme this week: Animation

This is a departure from the previous restrictions regarding animation. Given the popularity of the idea in the past, perhaps this SOTW will generate a fair amount of entries. In order to be valid for this contest, you signature must contain an animated aspect to it! Epileptic flashing is not permitted; try to be tasteful. Chimecho provides some examples:

[spoil]
AugisAni.gif

rainingsignature8rl.gif
[/spoil]

Rules:
  • Keep it strictly anonymous
  • There are only 10 places, first come first served basis
  • Max size of 500x200
  • No pre-mades
  • PM your entry to me
  • Choose, and PM, a theme from here to be used next week should you win :)

Good luck everyone!

DeletedUser81336

/dissapoint.
Animation is a terrible idea for a SOTW, a wonderful idea for a separate poll, but animation should not be a SOTW theme. >.<

DeletedUser

gotta kind of agree with Oscar as animations are not acceptable sigs for this forum.

DeletedUser81336

That's one reason why, but it ruins the skill based part of the competition.
I need to study for a final atm, but I for now I will just say that animation takes away from the artistic skill of competition.

DeletedUser

I'm fine with it, as it's only 1 theme, it's not always allowed, just this once. We had this discussion before.

DeletedUser

So basically I'll have to learn the entire topic of animation, and come up with an idea.

Well at our level, it's just applying presets. Another one I'll pass then. ^^,

DeletedUser

It would be nice to have like... 1 week a general theme like "freestyle" and whatnot, then the next week something very specific such as animation or items, then something general, then specific, etc.

DeletedUser99229

but not many people have experience with animation such as myself, although i know some basics.

DeletedUser

but not many people have experience with animation such as myself, although i know some basics.

I doubt anyone is going to make anything "high end" on this forum. If they do, I would question why they would be on this forum instead of an animation forum. :icon_razz:

DeletedUser99229

I have sent my entry in and I know its not a winner but if 1 vote succeeds then I'll be over the moon :)

DeletedUser

I chose animation as I know a lot of people haven't adventured into it. Therefore, giving people something new to learn which they may or may not enjoy. Only one way to find out. I know they can't be used as signatures on Tribal Wars, but I thought it would be an interesting theme. Remember, the whole signature doesn't have to be animated. For instance, the theme is also freestye allowing you to do anything you like. You could easily add some animated rain to your signature, or a flash of lightning. My entry won't be that great as I haven't really done much myself. But it's something I'm looking to improve my skills on.

Anyhow, good luck people. I look forward to seeing what people come up with.

DeletedUser

I chose animation as I know a lot of people haven't adventured into it. Therefore, giving people something new to learn which they may or may not enjoy. Only one way to find out. I know they can't be used as signatures on Tribal Wars, but I thought it would be an interesting theme. Remember, the whole signature doesn't have to be animated. For instance, the theme is also freestye allowing you to do anything you like. You could easily add some animated rain to your signature, or a flash of lightning. My entry won't be that great as I haven't really done much myself. But it's something I'm looking to improve my skills on.

Anyhow, good luck people. I look forward to seeing what people come up with.

I think it was a nice idea to give this a shot. We did normal sig contest like a 44 times already. Cause thanks to this SOTW I got few ideas for Ingame COA and Personal Ones. Thanks Chimecho for the offer, and syntex for accepting it.