Welcome to Signature Of The Week 47!

The theme this week: Comic Strip

Rules:
  • Keep it strictly anonymous
  • There are only 10 places, first come first served basis
  • Max size of 500x200
  • No pre-mades
  • PM your entry to me
  • Choose, and PM, a theme from here to be used next week should you win :)

From what I saw in the last couple of SOTW's the deadlines were 3-5 days, so I'll set a preliminary one at just under 4 days. So I'll be expecting your signatures for the 21st, midnight server time (Thursday turning into Friday).
NEW DEADLINE: Saturday, 18.00 server time (June 23rd).

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

DeletedUser99229

it's different because everything has to be made individually and thats what make this theme special.

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well, it said in the theme thread with some restrictions, but then I can't exactly find what they are supposed to be. But in all honesty, I'm going to allow anything from comic style to an actual comic story, just as long as it's going to be within the size limitations. Though given that we're in a graphics oriented subforum rather than a story-telling forum I'll be you get more points for a well made image rather than a well constructed story ;)

DeletedUser

Can I recommend a higher width? 500px isn't much room to maneuver with a comic "strip" theme.

DeletedUser

Can I recommend a higher width? 500px isn't much room to maneuver with a comic "strip" theme.

Same Exact opinion is what I wanted to put forth. But I started questioning myself, will I submit anything? Or just Demand a higher specs and just quit.

DeletedUser

Same Exact opinion is what I wanted to put forth. But I started questioning myself, will I submit anything? Or just Demand a higher specs and just quit.

I'll submit something if we can get a higher width. I have an idea of what I want to do.

DeletedUser102804

MF said anything comic related, so that could apply to a tag made with a comic character as well.

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score

From what I got in the theme thread, the idea was much more that you make something that is comic style rather than an actual strip. But even with 500*200 you should be well able to make two separate frames next to each other portraying a simple story.

Again, I don't think the story will be the reason for people to vote for you.

DeletedUser106013

From what I got in the theme thread, the idea was much more that you make something that is comic style rather than an actual strip. But even with 500*200 you should be well able to make two separate frames next to each other portraying a simple story.

Again, I don't think the story will be the reason for people to vote for you.

I'm slightly confused, so are we supposed to make a actually "comic strip" as the SOTW name is - or do you want us to make something that could be from a comic such as batman,etc. Sorry for asking, but I would like to know so when send in a entry it is not completely off :p.

DeletedUser

I'm slightly confused, so are we supposed to make a actually "comic strip" as the SOTW name is - or do you want us to make something that could be from a comic such as batman,etc. Sorry for asking, but I would like to know so when send in a entry it is not completely off :p.[/FONT][/I]

It's SOTW, ie Signature of the week.

Yeah I wouldn't change the size, 500x200 is ridiculous for a signature, if you make it bigger... :icon_eek: I think it means use a comic character or make a sig that looks like a comic, wouldn't be sotw if we were supposed to write/draw a comic :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

Well that's kind of boring. So it's basically freestyle with a comic book render.