SOTW 47 - Comic Strip

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
As far as I know, Manga's are comics made in Japan. So they should fall under the same theme.

DeletedUser

As with any theme, if you can make some bullshit excuse as to why it relates then it counts ><

DeletedUser

How do i send a message annonymously? just send it to you. I guess what you mean is that its anonymous to everyone but you?

DeletedUser

How do i send a message annonymously? just send it to you. I guess what you mean is that its anonymous to everyone but you?

Yeah. The one hosting knows who submitted what. But he keeps it anonymous.
The reason it's mentioned keep it anonymous, is that you don't put your name on it.

DeletedUser

Yeah. The one hosting knows who submitted what. But he keeps it anonymous.
The reason it's mentioned keep it anonymous, is that you don't put your name on it.
Thanks aqeel got it. Just took my name off my crude attempt at a comic =P

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
I'm going to quote you some posts from the theme discussion thread.

I like the idea of daily used items

I'm not so keen on the story boards idea :S I think that will just lead to a lot of paint signatures ...

Just reject paint signatures? :L Its obvious when a signature is serious or not. Rather than comic strip, have it comic style? Gives slip to an array of desings.

I think that should serve as a hint towards you Werbenjagermanjensen

DeletedUser

images

Understood.

MasterFire

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Well, I've only got three applicants so far. So like Syntex did with the Smudge Sotw, I'll add on some more time.

Upcoming Saturday, 18.00 server time (June 23rd).

DeletedUser81336

Tsk tsk Timothy. You are allowing individuals here to break the forum rules without punishment. Syntex will be disappointed when he returns to an unruly forum.
^^ Not invisible text only meant for the eyes of mods

On a note actually pertaining to SOTW/the graphics forum...
Why is it that as of late (the past couple of months) the SOTWs have been, well for lack of a better word, pathetic?
I don't mean entry wise are there have been decent works submitted, but on behalf of the graphics participants how come no one puts effort into the forum? What happened to us caring/participating?
Have we all grown into forum spamming whores like myself? Is tribal wars really dying (I believe this is a good 80% of the reason why)? Have we moved on past tag making? Or is it not worth our time?

I'm guilty of not doing SOTWs, but hell I never/rarely did anyways. XD It's sad for me to say this but the graphics forum is boring me now. :(

DeletedUser

I think everyone is kind of... Over it? After a few thousand tags you kind of get a bit... Meh. Also the fact that most graphics people don't play TW itself. I only hang around because I have it speed dialed so it's automatic when I open my browser to open all my speed dials at once and I usually just spam :p

DeletedUser

Tsk tsk Timothy. You are allowing individuals here to break the forum rules without punishment. Syntex will be disappointed when he returns to an unruly forum.

Why is it that as of late (the past couple of months) the SOTWs have been, well for lack of a better word, pathetic?
I don't mean entry wise are there have been decent works submitted, but on behalf of the graphics participants how come no one puts effort into the forum? What happened to us caring/participating?
Have we all grown into forum spamming whores like myself? Is tribal wars really dying (I believe this is a good 80% of the reason why)? Have we moved on past tag making? Or is it not worth our time?

I'm guilty of not doing SOTWs, but hell I never/rarely did anyways. XD It's sad for me to say this but the graphics forum is boring me now. :(

Enter this one, I did, make a stand!! Take lead :p Kash is back too, maybe he can enter some. Though I must admit, .de and .uk have far superior sotw's than ours, .Net really needs to step up a bit.

DeletedUser102804

I'd assume that the people who tag seriously are found on actual GFX forums more often than on game forums like TW. These places are good for startups, but that's about it. I hang around some of the old forums I used to visit, TW included, and submit tags for their SOTW competitions just for kicks.

I agree with you on the fact that the themes that have been chosen are quite pathetic; they're not the kind of themes that people would normally choose to create a tag around. I try and enter them most of the time, even if I do make a shit tag; but it's themes like this one that make me think twice about whether or not I want to waste my time making something that nobody would ever really consider a tag on any sort of GFX forum.

DeletedUser

I'd assume that the people who tag seriously are found on actual GFX forums more often than on game forums like TW. These places are good for startups, but that's about it. I hang around some of the old forums I used to visit, TW included, and submit tags for their SOTW competitions just for kicks.

I agree with you on the fact that the themes that have been chosen are quite pathetic; they're not the kind of themes that people would normally choose to create a tag around. I try and enter them most of the time, even if I do make a shit tag; but it's themes like this one that make me think twice about whether or not I want to waste my time making something that nobody would ever really consider a tag on any sort of GFX forum.

I second this. Even though I am the new guy in the GFX of TW I still think that no one would want a comic as a sig. I know there might be some people holed up in there basement all day reading comics and playing TW but i would say that number is pretty few.:villagers: