SOTW 48 - Photo Manipulation

DeletedUser

Welcome to Signature Of The Week 48!

The theme this week: Photo Manipulation

Photo manipulation is a fine art - you know it has to be impossible, yet it looks so genuine. Ample documentation is provided on google for those confused about what it means to add a bit of fiction into an actual photograph. Your submission must be based on one of the following three stocks, although you are of course allowed to use additional renders, etc. to supplement the image (thanks to h@rdcore for the suggestions!).

[spoil]
16gjz91.jpg
[/spoil]
[spoil]
24ycqr4.jpg
[/spoil]
[spoil]
r7lw6q.jpg
[/spoil]

I'm not sure about the dimensions on this one... I feel 500x200 might be too restrictive, but it's supposed to be a signature, after all. Does anyone have an inclination either way?

Rules:
  • Keep it strictly anonymous
  • There are only 10 places, first come first served basis
  • Max size of 640x480
  • No pre-mades
  • PM your entry to me
  • Choose, and PM, a theme from here to be used next week should you win :)

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser106013

I'm honestly loving this! Fantastic theme idea and hopefully we will see tons of creativity this week! Looking forward to seeing the results ! :D

DeletedUser

I think 800X700 would be a good enough size (it's the size of the last one). Photo-manips as a sig is basically going to end up with pretty much a "set stock" sig contest. Photo-manip to me should be taking the original and making adjustments within the photo itself, not really "adding" anything, unless it's not a huge focal. (For example adding subtle text somewhere - yes, adding in a big render over the top - no.)

DeletedUser102804

I think 800X700 would be a good enough size (it's the size of the last one). Photo-manips as a sig is basically going to end up with pretty much a "set stock" sig contest. Photo-manip to me should be taking the original and making adjustments within the photo itself, not really "adding" anything, unless it's not a huge focal. (For example adding subtle text somewhere - yes, adding in a big render over the top - no.)

800x700 is quite generous, but it'll suffice.

DeletedUser

Okay, how about 640x480. That's the maximum size a picture can be posted unspoilered, anyway.

DeletedUser

I hope we start getting more interest in these. If we can get sixteen people interested in the BOTG i dont think it will be too hard for them to do this too.
Oh and syntex. When will the poll be up?

DeletedUser

I have 3 entries so far. Deadline is at 7/4 23:59 - the poll will be up then! :)

DeletedUser

Well sounds like i have atleast a win in the bag right now!