SOTW Leaderboard

DeletedUser

If I go through and tally up all the sotw points for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, could we include the previous ones? :3

DeletedUser

I don't feel it's really fair, we put in time and effort on the previous ones and I think they should be counted, what if someone had won all 18 sotw's, but then someone else won 19 so they were the leader-board leader?

Why don't you want to include previous ones?

DeletedUser

What about the people who have only entered in the last two ... When coming up against eople who have "won all 18 sotw's" they would have no chance? ONly fair thing to do is start on a clean slate. Its not like if you've won* it before you can't again, you know that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't feel it's really fair, we put in time and effort on the previous ones and I think they should be counted, what if someone had won all 18 sotw's, but then someone else won 19 so they were the leader-board leader?

Why don't you want to include previous ones?

Like nubz said if you've won before, why are you so worried about winning again ? It's just easier if we start with a clean slate, and thats how its going to go. You've worked hard before and got recognized in the hall of fame, the sotw threads and if you ever took some of the PP in the older SOTW's ... its not like nobody noticed.

Just accept that we are starting from now, as it is fairest for all. Besides some of the people who would have points don't even visit here anymore, so they would be taking up place on the leader board for absolutely nothing ....

DeletedUser

Its not the fairest though D; Harb said he'd even do the leg work for you and tally up the pre-exisiting sotw's you've held, I really don't see why they cannot be counted. Put it this way, if you were here, won a sotw and left for a while, then once returned you found people had discounted your efforts, would you not feel a bit annoyed? Its not a very inviting attitude >.<

DeletedUser

Butbutbut....

It will recognise those 'greats' of the past, and give us something to beat.

DeletedUser

exactly! I will help recover past winners. Just the sotw's you've had since you became mod GE.... please? :)

DeletedUser

Its not the fairest though D; Harb said he'd even do the leg work for you and tally up the pre-exisiting sotw's you've held, I really don't see why they cannot be counted. Put it this way, if you were here, won a sotw and left for a while, then once returned you found people had discounted your efforts, would you not feel a bit annoyed? Its not a very inviting attitude >.<

I've won and come second and third in my fair share of SOTW's so yes actually I do know how it feels for those points to be discounted, and tbh I dont care :)

Besides its not possible to count up the scores, yes getting the winner would be easy, but then finding out who came second and third is a nightmare ... its practically impossible to do it for all the SOTW's as you simply don't know who made what signature ( I don't keep archives ) So surely its less fair to simply give the winners and forget the rest, than just start again. So it doesn't matter who is doing the work, they wouldn't be able to do it effectively and fairly.

So the answer is we are starting from now :)

DeletedUser

This is another reason why sotw shouldn't be anonymous ;O We would be able to see who won 1st, 2nd, 3rd at a glance. But fair enough, I can't expect you to look through your pm's find the old entries and match them up to 2nd and 3rd.

DeletedUser

I dont have the old PM's thats the point, how I work is this :

Step 1 : You guys PM me your entry's
Step 2 : I move the messages into a folder called SOTW, so I know when I have 10, and can also find them easily
Step 3 : I copy all the URL's and create the poll
Step 4 : Keep the mails to see who has won, as I dont remember who made what signatures
Step 5 : Delete the mails in the SOTW folder, ready for the next week of entries.

DeletedUser

You could just ask, and if no one claims it then that's their own problem.
If it doesn't match up, then ask for .psd.

DeletedUser

Oh my. I might come back to graphics just so I can have my name on the top! >:D
Me too, although I've only made like 3 signatures before and cba to get all the stuffs I had before for GIMP. D: So yeah, I'm not coming back. :p

DeletedUser81336

I have just read through over 120 pages of various threads to find my old photobucket account name.... I now forget the password and email. FML.
And yes this is related to this thread somehow. :p

DeletedUser

You could just ask, and if no one claims it then that's their own problem.
If it doesn't match up, then ask for .psd.

I'd much rather save myself the trouble and just start it from now :) Rather than asking everybody where they came and then having to check PSD's :)