Speed Preferences

HalffBaked

Reaction score
I have played the game about 15 years now (didn't start on this account), and I would like to echo the other statements on being grateful to the return of consistent speed rounds. I've had many hiatuses from the game and each time it's always thinking about speed rounds that gets me back on the game!

As for suggestions, I do believe Pim put forward some solid ones. Just got off a Cata round which seemed everyone had defense. Which to each their own, everyone has their own play styles. Just kind of hard dealing with the late gamers with a full d-nuke when you're a solo offensive player whose been clearing their local turtles lol. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal if the proportions to off/def were more similar. However, this is more of a player's issues then something we should expect you guys to fix. Those are just ramblings from a tired guy who lost to turtles though ;).. To get to the points the suggestion would be - higher farm limits , though I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't resolve it in its entirety.

Personally, I prefer haul rounds, I like the farming aspect to the game. Otherwise, you're just sitting looking at the screen and not even pressing buttons... If it's a no-haul round resources should, in my opinion, be boosted exponentially (I believe I've seen other servers go up to %800, though I could be wrong). I hit usually 50m looted a game, no-haul rounds don't come near to this in terms of overall resource production. Which in turn would result in less playing, more looking at the screen waiting.

As a farmer, I would be remiss if I didn't ask for more barbs, and no walls on them... ohh and bigger warehouses too :p

Another suggestion which, honestly don't know if it's so much as a setting or game mechanic. But I would love troop recruitment speeds to be faster. This could also already be the case (maybe tied in with game speed and can't be separated?). If it's doable I would think this would help with the early start behemoths vs the new guys with a few villas on the rim. Make it to where they can use the troops in their few villas knowing they'll be able to make them back at the end. It would also just encourage an overall more active play style.

I suppose I've written enough lol, you guys are doing great work with the current rounds and I'm sure I can speak for everyone and say we appreciate it.

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
I have played the game about 15 years now (didn't start on this account), and I would like to echo the other statements on being grateful to the return of consistent speed rounds. I've had many hiatuses from the game and each time it's always thinking about speed rounds that gets me back on the game!

As for suggestions, I do believe Pim put forward some solid ones. Just got off a Cata round which seemed everyone had defense. Which to each their own, everyone has their own play styles. Just kind of hard dealing with the late gamers with a full d-nuke when you're a solo offensive player whose been clearing their local turtles lol. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal if the proportions to off/def were more similar. However, this is more of a player's issues then something we should expect you guys to fix. Those are just ramblings from a tired guy who lost to turtles though ;).. To get to the points the suggestion would be - higher farm limits , though I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't resolve it in its entirety.

Personally, I prefer haul rounds, I like the farming aspect to the game. Otherwise, you're just sitting looking at the screen and not even pressing buttons... If it's a no-haul round resources should, in my opinion, be boosted exponentially (I believe I've seen other servers go up to %800, though I could be wrong). I hit usually 50m looted a game, no-haul rounds don't come near to this in terms of overall resource production. Which in turn would result in less playing, more looking at the screen waiting.

As a farmer, I would be remiss if I didn't ask for more barbs, and no walls on them... ohh and bigger warehouses too :p

Another suggestion which, honestly don't know if it's so much as a setting or game mechanic. But I would love troop recruitment speeds to be faster. This could also already be the case (maybe tied in with game speed and can't be separated?). If it's doable I would think this would help with the early start behemoths vs the new guys with a few villas on the rim. Make it to where they can use the troops in their few villas knowing they'll be able to make them back at the end. It would also just encourage an overall more active play style.

I suppose I've written enough lol, you guys are doing great work with the current rounds and I'm sure I can speak for everyone and say we appreciate it.

Thank you for your feedback. We have been implementing farm limits (higher = defense more effective, by the way) that typically range from 500-900 on the bash and cata rounds. As for the Haul/No Haul, I would definitely say the vast majority of our rounds are haul. We do increase resource production on the no haul as well as typically on the shorter "faster" rounds such as Cata/Bash.

Barb numbers vary (we tend to have quite a few, though!) and, as our posts will show, many of our rounds have the walls start at 0. Of course, they can build the walls up but they start as the exact same as your village. Unfortunately, Troop Recruitment is tied to the world's speed though it would be fun if that was adjustable ;)

Reaction score
Incompetent support :) People running scripts every speed rounds, and yet I have never seen anyone getting banned.

Mass attack script, mass farming script and what not

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Incompetent support :) People running scripts every speed rounds, and yet I have never seen anyone getting banned.

I don't find any report from you about them? That's weird, I would've thought that before you call someone incompetent, you would've taken your own responsibility as well. :)

Note that we are banning users for abuse almost every round. However, if you don't take the effort of reporting people you suspect of cheating, then also be fair towards yourself and don't complain. We all carry some responsibility in keeping the game fair. You can't complain about something you supposedly are sure about, if you didn't bother to report it.

Next time report it.

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score

That is interesting. I personally handle a lot of this and can assure you that we detect and ban quite a few. Further, our speed team investigates botting every round. Every. Single. One. We have rounds 24/7 and a small team yet we still do it.

You think someone is botting? Report it. I assure you that we investigate reports. We may not come to the forums or send mails out bragging about taking out specific bot accounts (Rules... bleh..) but that doesn't mean we aren't doing anything.

We aren't perfect and we know that we can't catch them all (we try) but taking a couple of minutes to send in a ticket about someone you believe to be cheating helps to bridge those gaps.

Bobah

Reaction score
SettingSuggested value
Round TypeStandard
Speed100
Unit Speed0.2
Round duration12h
Building levelsLvl1 5 vill start
Resource production3x
Beginner protection180min
PaladinNo
ArchersYes
ChurchNo
WatchtowerNo
Technology10 Level
NoblemanGold Coins
Coin price0.5x
Loyalty Decrease100
Nobleman max. Distance200
Barb conquersYes
Fake limit (%pop)5%
Farm limit0
Barbarian villages3/Player
Bonus villages0,5/Player
Speed of barb/bonus growth1
Max. barb/bonus growth1500
Space between villagesIncreased
Max. tribe members1
TribelockYes
Outside supportNo
Friendly fireNo
Attack gap50ms
Support gap50ms

Last edited:

Bobah

Reaction score
SettingSuggested value
Round TypeNo haul
Speed100
Unit Speed0.2
Round duration12h
Building levelsLvl2
Resource production3x
PaladinNo
ArchersYes
ChurchNo
WatchtowerNo
Technology1 Level
NoblemanGold Coins
Coin price0.5x
Loyalty Decrease100
Barb conquersYes
Fake limit (%pop)5%
Farm limit0
Bonus villages0,5/Player
Max. tribe members1
TribelockYes
Outside supportNo
Friendly fireNo
Attack gap50ms
Support gap50ms

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
SettingSuggested value
Round TypeStandard
Speed100
Unit Speed0.2
Round duration12h
Building levelsLvl1 5 vill start
Resource production3x
PaladinNo
ArchersYes
ChurchNo
WatchtowerNo
Technology10 Level
NoblemanGold Coins
Coin price0.5x
Loyalty Decrease100
Barb conquersYes
Fake limit (%pop)5%
Farm limit0
Bonus villages0,5/Player
Max. tribe members1
TribelockYes
Outside supportNo
Friendly fireNo
Attack gap50ms
Support gap50ms

Had to make a few adjustments to it, but I did slip it in to the 8 hour time slot next weekend. :)

Topic

dragonsjet2

Reaction score
This is my first time back to TW in YEARS (I remember the sad sad day when .net stopped doing speed after 2012). Glad to see speed is back!

I have 2 suggestions for rounds

1. Cluster Round (4-8 Hour) with PACKET Academy. It seems like 99% of things nowadays are Coins, but I think it would be very interesting to have an old school packet system in a round with clusters. Because it means your main villa wouldn't be able to make a full train on its own since only level 3 Academy, and you'd need to establish your cluster of a few villas & academy levels before effectively getting your noble trains going.

2. Classic (8-12 Hour) LIMITED HAUL. I'm not sure if this is possible from a technical standpoint, but I remember when limited hauls were introduced and they had daily limits that grew. It would be really interesting to see a speed round with *hourly* haul limits. Making farming (or clearing another player) still resource efficient as opposed to no-hauls, but would make things slower and more strategic than just 24/7 LC's farming every barb in the round.

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
This is my first time back to TW in YEARS (I remember the sad sad day when .net stopped doing speed after 2012). Glad to see speed is back!

1. Cluster Round (4-8 Hour) with PACKET Academy. It seems like 99% of things nowadays are Coins, but I think it would be very interesting to have an old school packet system in a round with clusters. Because it means your main villa wouldn't be able to make a full train on its own since only level 3 Academy, and you'd need to establish your cluster of a few villas & academy levels before effectively getting your noble trains going.

2. Classic (8-12 Hour) LIMITED HAUL. I'm not sure if this is possible from a technical standpoint, but I remember when limited hauls were introduced and they had daily limits that grew. It would be really interesting to see a speed round with *hourly* haul limits. Making farming (or clearing another player) still resource efficient as opposed to no-hauls, but would make things slower and more strategic than just 24/7 LC's farming every barb in the round.

Unfortunately, limited haul is daily only. As for the packet academy, I can mix a few back in to see if there is interest again but typically players in speed prefer coins.

dragonsjet2

Reaction score
Alright, thanks!

And yeah I didn't know if limited hauls time limits was adjustable with the world speed, in which case it could make for interesting rounds. But obviously not if its daily-only.

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
SettingSuggested value
Round TypeNo haul
Speed100
Unit Speed0.2
Round duration12h
Building levelsLvl2
Resource production3x
PaladinNo
ArchersYes
ChurchNo
WatchtowerNo
Technology1 Level
NoblemanGold Coins
Coin price0.5x
Loyalty Decrease100
Barb conquersYes
Fake limit (%pop)5%
Farm limit0
Bonus villages0,5/Player
Max. tribe members1
TribelockYes
Outside supportNo
Friendly fireNo
Attack gap50ms
Support gap50ms

This one is pretty close.

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score

Packet Cluster round :)