Speed Preferences

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Dear Speed Community,

We hope you have enjoyed the return of Speed on .net as much as we have!

We would like your opinion on the rounds we currently have on offer. This will help inform us on what to prioritise when scheduling some types of rounds in the future.

We are not looking for indepth settings here, but a more general overview. That said, if you feel 1 setting very strongly lends itself to a particular round please feel free to include it!

Please try to follow the format below as this will make it easy for us to interpret correctly, helping us see what you do (and don't) enjoy in Speed.

Speed Round Type
Preferred round lengths:
Your opinion

Example:

Bash
Length - I think it works best for 1-3 hour rounds
Opinion - I really enjoy this round and would like to see this a few times a week!

These are the rounds we would like an opinion on:

- Bash
- Catapult
- 'Normal' rounds (Classic Speed)
- Insanity
- King of the Hill
- Noble Madness (100 loyalty drops)
- Cluster
- Taste of Speed

If there are additional rounds from this/other markets that you like, please do include them with a brief summary of the important elements and win conditions.

We look forward to reading your preferences.

Your TribalWars Speed Team

Oh My Days

Reaction score
I love 3 hours rounds, with a variety of different settings so that the strategy is new every time and you have to figure it out as you go - that way you dont always find the more experienced players easily running ahead

I think rounds with insanely high resource production and no haul would be really nice so focusing on fighting would be easier and no intensive farming
Also starting with multiple villages and troop items for maybe 2-3k of defense and offense each would be an awesome variation

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
@Oh My Days

We're looking for feedback about specific types of rounds (No Haul rounds certainly come into that). We'd love your opinion about the listed rounds!

Oh My Days

Reaction score
@Oh My Days

We're looking for feedback about specific types of rounds (No Haul rounds certainly come into that). We'd love your opinion about the listed rounds!
Sorry I didnt specify, I think for normal speed I expect it to be more casual, and so things like my second post would be awesome for that - aka starting troops and multiple villages

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
- Bash
No nobling ofc. Somewhere 2-3 hours works best, and usually you want to put a farm limit on this to make it ultra-offensive based. E.g. farm limit of 100 units per farm level. Also no leaving tribe ideally, to stop self-bashing on a mate for W.

- Catapult
No nobling again. Somewhere 2-4 hours for this is best. This is about growth, so really needs to be low level (0 or 1) start. Farm limit I take or leave, but maybe more fun with a farm limit of say 300 units per farm level, to stop a tribe just turtling entirely and being invulnerable.

- 'Normal' rounds (Classic Speed)
All good stuff. Would suggest mostly low point starts (level 0 and 1), with some mid and high chucked in. Maybe 20% level 0, 30% level 1, then sprinkle the other levels in for the other 50%. Time length doesn't matter. If its 400x, probably have unit speed of 0.5 If 350x, unit speed 0.6, 300x 1.0.
--> 400x with 1.0 is not 'normal' speed, it is ultra rushed. There are too many rounds like this currently in my opinion.
--> As the server becomes more settled u should start to introduce longer speeds (with bigger pp prizes). E.g. 1 day at 250x, 1.0 unit speed, level 0. 300pp reward. Caters to a different audience who can't handle the intensity of purely 350-400x rounds. These traditionally were some of the most popular rounds out there.

- Insanity
Yeah good stuff, just make these random. Crazy farm limits, cheap nobles, different win criteria (nearest to 4000 points wins). Fun, but not too often! and keep changing them up so they can't be 'practiced'.

- King of the Hill
A nice variety - just don't put too many troops in them though :D

- Noble Madness (100 loyalty drops)
Should be raised (level 8+) and short, fast. 2-3 hours, 400x, 0.5 unit speed.

- Cluster
Good stuff, make sure loads of barbs and a more condensed map.

- Taste of Speed
Think these are good. Length depends on speed ofc. Way to make them more friendly: longer BP (could make these a cat round, e.g. 2 hour round with 90 min BP). A fairly low level (0,1,2) to avoid super early attacking. And try slower speeds, 250x 1.0 works well, or 300x 0.8, as they are more accommodating to newer players.

MadQuestionThem

Reaction score
I do enjoy longer speed worlds, instead of only a few hours. Like 3 to 5 days.
Most Speed worlds are won by Farming / who can stare at his screen the most clicking a button, which in my oppinion isnt rly a fun to play gimic, I think Speed worlds should be decided by actual Skill in sniping, nuking etc, not by simply outfarming and outgrowing.

Since i like longer worlds, there usually is a Sleep mode. I would actually not have a 8-12 window. Every Acc should have same play time. However Co accs will always be favored :(

Id actually wish for worlds which have higher production and limited or no haul and start with a Vill slightly build up already. 3 member tribe limit :p

JHarp32

Reaction score
I know the Mods wont like to hear it, but I would really like to see (a few) speed runs where we could still use multiple inputs to the game.. Its such a draw for me, and please chime in if you feel differently, to be able to play on 1 acct with my friends for a speed run.. Obviously the mods won't agree, because Co-Playing isnt an approved way of doing things, but why couldn't they allow it for a speed run here and there? There is no money to be made besides PP on a speed run anyways, and the draw to pay with friends will make the PP earned that much greater.. so from a business standpoint.. yall oughta give the people spending the money some say.. Im saying like 1 in every 10 you allow Steam and Browser... not every one.. Interested in the response!

Thanks for reading,

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
It won't be possible to use Steam & Browser at the same time, as part of our anti-bot measures taken in a recent update.

That's a matter that we can't overrule as it is blocked at developer level, not as a round setting.

Potatoguy

Reaction score
Hey, first of all,
thank you for finally hosting pretty subsequent Speed Rounds on .net Server

Since just saying i love it and its great (it is!) doesnt help you to improve here are just my 2 cents:
-I hate 10 tech, i used to feel like that on normal speed worlds too, but also for example at the latest 3 Day, 100 speed Server, it was more like an annoying feature for me.
-Try to find a slightly adjusted moral system. No Moral kinda urges players to play for weaker players instead of fighting players of similar strengh, while the normal moral system feels to harsh for (most) speed setups.
After playing on several of the previously hosted games i can say that the most outstanding feature about the revival of speed on .net in the great variety between different pretty well setup servers.

gunnersaurus

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
HP Admin
Reaction score
Hey, first of all,
thank you for finally hosting pretty subsequent Speed Rounds on .net Server

Since just saying i love it and its great (it is!) doesnt help you to improve here are just my 2 cents:
-I hate 10 tech, i used to feel like that on normal speed worlds too, but also for example at the latest 3 Day, 100 speed Server, it was more like an annoying feature for me.
-Try to find a slightly adjusted moral system. No Moral kinda urges players to play for weaker players instead of fighting players of similar strengh, while the normal moral system feels to harsh for (most) speed setups.
After playing on several of the previously hosted games i can say that the most outstanding feature about the revival of speed on .net in the great variety between different pretty well setup servers.

Thanks for the feedback!

zentreex

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

How about try mixing up some rounds like Cluster and Bash, or King of the hill and Noble Madness,

but what ever the round is I do love longer rounds 3 days or 5 days round is what I enjoyed the most.

Some 5 hours and 6 hours round make it often too, as 2 hours can often make us feel insufficient. or not satisfied yet. lol

but also I would like to experience this Random tribe rounds that I haven't seen yet. thank you.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

How about try mixing up some rounds like Cluster and Bash, or King of the hill and Noble Madness,

but what ever the round is I do love longer rounds 3 days or 5 days round is what I enjoyed the most.

Some 5 hours and 6 hours round make it often too, as 2 hours can often make us feel insufficient. or not satisfied yet. lol

but also I would like to experience this Random tribe rounds that I haven't seen yet. thank you.

Thanks for all the feedback! We'll try to cater more long length rounds in (there were a lot of fast rounds in the past day or so following a 5 day round, which will generally be the case immediately after the longest rounds we're doing).

We're aiming to do a weekly 'long' round (long being 1 day or more in length). Over 4 weeks, it tends to be 1-3-1-5. A fortnightly multi-day round with a 24 hour round in the weeks between.

This is the same with the round types - we may have the odd day that has a focus on 'regular' rounds, but on the whole we'll be having lots of variety in terms of round types. King of the Hill requires an admin to be online for it to work as we have manual tasks in the round to ensure it works, so these aren't able to be quite as often as the other types.

There will be some 4-6 hour rounds across the next few days so keep your eyes peeled!

zentreex

Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering, if possible to make scheduled speed tournaments like people have to pay pp (Premium Points) as entry fee. then the total prize pool will became the reward for top 1 2 and 3, ODA and tribe, and of course the innogames should have a tax or cut to the PP reward so it will rotate and have good economy.

*Make target PP to when the server can able to start / minimum player registered
*Short speeds have less entry fee compare to longer rounds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also for some suggestions or random thoughts about rounds

*How about make a round with reverse settings (for fun) like nobleman limit, instead of you can only noble up to this distance, why not make you can only noble villages like 0:10 away from you and you cannot noble villages near you, so you have to noble far villages first for you to able to noble the one near you using that village in distance.

*How about, make this rule that you can only noble a village once you reached this ODA on his village. or say once you killed 3000 Units of troops first on that village before you will be able to noble it. Like punish or destroy it first before you can noble. or / else if the person did not make any troops or say went inactive after being cleared then you must attack the village 10 times so you can noble it. like add a quest or requirement for nobling haha.

*A rounds where cavaliers are disable only foot soldiers (say horse went extinct) :D

*A round of defense troops battle only so you are forced to use your Spears, archers, swordsman and high cavalier as offensive too. (but wall disabled or wall is limit to 10 to be fair for those who will not attack)

*Speed rounds where a certain unit is weakened or nerfed and a certain unit is buffed.

Anyway just random thoughts of mine, I don't know if some of these already exist or not.

Thank you :)

P.i.m.

Reaction score
In the past weekend is was finally able to fully play a couple of speed rounds again, so I wanted to use the occasion to give some feedback from my side.

First of all a massive thank you to the speed administrators for planning speed rounds on such a regular basis, with amazing variety in round settings. Tribal Wars remains my favorite browser game, but in contrary to 15 years back I can't play daily anymore so a regular world really isn't an option. It's both unexpected and wonderful that the speed server is that much revived that it once again allows to play a round on almost any time of the day.

That being said, I want to give my humble opinion on some parts of the current speed schedule in order to further approve it:
  • Bash - Bash rounds in the current set up are pretty uneventfull in my opinion. They're most of the time 2-hours long rounds with a low start level (L0 / L1). This causes that you basically build offence for 1,5 hours, hit 1 or 2 full deffers and than it's done. I personally believe that in bash rounds, playing offence should be more encouraged than it currently is. They're most fun if many people try to defeat each others army without being afraid of screwing up your own round if you hit a deff stack. To encourage this kind of offensive playstyle, I would suggest two things:
    • Higher start level. Rescourses lvl >20. Allow people to grow an army to actually bash with a lot faster.
    • Lower farm limit. Personal preference 20 or 25. Makes deff stacking completely useless and encourages real bashing.
  • Cata -Just like the bash rounds before, I personally feel that a 'Cata round' currently doesn't encourage a 'Cata playstyle'. They're also 2-hour rounds with a low start level. In general the only people cata'ing are the small players who ruin their own win chances by rushing a cata army. For the people who want to play for the win, cata rounds in their current set up are basically a test about who starts the fastest and has a little luck that no random small player will throw an unexpected attack. I think a more unique 'cata round' experience could be encouraged by:
    • Having a higher starting level or having a longer round length. This will allow more people to reach 12.154 points to make catapults actually a vital part of a cata round.
    • Set the tribe limit to 1. Right now it's most rewarding to just stack your tribe mate who receives cata attacks. I believe changing cata rounds to solo tribes would more encourage taking a hit once in a while and trying to get back at them.
    • Enable church and/or watchtower. Both are buildings with a unique defensive value for a cata round. Also they're both legitimate catapult targets.
Both my bash- and cata-round feedback is basically focussed on giving them an actual unique feeling. In my opinion they're currently very much the same as regular speed rounds. You do a good start up like a usual round and than only have to focus on specific win conditions for the last 15 minutes. I think changing up some settings will create a more unique feeling for both the Bash rounds & Cata rounds, which creates more variety in the speed schedule.

Also some small remarks/requests about other speed types:
  • Insanity - Absolutely love these! I didn't know this concept from any other server yet, so appreciate the new stuff.
  • Cluster - Would it be possible to mention the max noble distance somewhere in the round settings?
  • King of the Hill - Should be thrown more in the schedule imho. Game mode which most encourages fighting for P1.
  • No Haul - Are in my experience more fun when rescource production is set to 200% (or 150%).

Again, thank you for planning speeds so regular. It's amazing. I might have a lot to say about it as you've seen above, but that's the enthusiasm speaking. I'm certainly not critical of the current schedule.

Last edited:

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Hello,

Just wondering, if possible to make scheduled speed tournaments like people have to pay pp (Premium Points) as entry fee. then the total prize pool will became the reward for top 1 2 and 3, ODA and tribe, and of course the innogames should have a tax or cut to the PP reward so it will rotate and have good economy.

*Make target PP to when the server can able to start / minimum player registered
*Short speeds have less entry fee compare to longer rounds
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also for some suggestions or random thoughts about rounds

*How about make a round with reverse settings (for fun) like nobleman limit, instead of you can only noble up to this distance, why not make you can only noble villages like 0:10 away from you and you cannot noble villages near you, so you have to noble far villages first for you to able to noble the one near you using that village in distance.

*How about, make this rule that you can only noble a village once you reached this ODA on his village. or say once you killed 3000 Units of troops first on that village before you will be able to noble it. Like punish or destroy it first before you can noble. or / else if the person did not make any troops or say went inactive after being cleared then you must attack the village 10 times so you can noble it. like add a quest or requirement for nobling haha.

*A rounds where cavaliers are disable only foot soldiers (say horse went extinct) :D

*A round of defense troops battle only so you are forced to use your Spears, archers, swordsman and high cavalier as offensive too. (but wall disabled or wall is limit to 10 to be fair for those who will not attack)

*Speed rounds where a certain unit is weakened or nerfed and a certain unit is buffed.

Anyway just random thoughts of mine, I don't know if some of these already exist or not.

Thank you :)

Speed Tournaments are definitely something we have discussed but that is not in the cards at the moment.

As for your suggestions, I love them but we don't have the ability to modify the game in that way.

In the past weekend is was finally able to fully play a couple of speed rounds again, so I wanted to use the occasion to give some feedback from my side.

First of all a massive thank you to the speed administrators for planning speed rounds on such a regular basis, with amazing variety in round settings. Tribal Wars remains my favorite browser game, but in contrary to 15 years back I can't play daily anymore so a regular world really isn't an option. It's both unexpected and wonderful that the speed server is that much revived that it once again allows to play a round on almost any time of the day.

That being said, I want to give my humble opinion on some parts of the current speed schedule in order to further approve it:
  • Bash - Bash rounds in the current set up are pretty uneventfull in my opinion. They're most of the time 2-hours long rounds with a low start level (L0 / L1). This causes that you basically build offence for 1,5 hours, hit 1 or 2 full deffers and than it's done. I personally believe that in bash rounds, playing offence should be more encouraged than it currently is. They're most fun if many people try to defeat each others army without being afraid of screwing up your own round if you hit a deff stack. To encourage this kind of offensive playstyle, I would suggest two things:
    • Higher start level. Rescourses lvl >20. Allow people to grow an army to actually bash with a lot faster.
    • Lower farm limit. Personal preference 20 or 25. Makes deff stacking completely useless and encourages real bashing.
  • Cata -Just like the bash rounds before, I personally feel that a 'Cata round' currently doesn't encourage a 'Cata playstyle'. They're also 2-hour rounds with a low start level. In general the only people cata'ing are the small players who ruin their own win chances by rushing a cata army. For the people who want to play for the win, cata rounds in their current set up are basically a test about who starts the fastest and has a little luck that no random small player will throw an unexpected attack. I think a more unique 'cata round' experience could be encouraged by:
    • Having a higher starting level or having a longer round length. This will allow more people to reach 12.154 points to make catapults actually a vital part of a cata round.
    • Set the tribe limit to 1. Right now it's most rewarding to just stack your tribe mate who receives cata attacks. I believe changing cata rounds to solo tribes would more encourage taking a hit once in a while and trying to get back at them.
    • Enable church and/or watchtower. Both are buildings with a unique defensive value for a cata round. Also they're both legitimate catapult targets.
Both my bash- and cata-round feedback is basically focussed on giving them an actual unique feeling. In my opinion they're currently very much the same as regular speed rounds. You do a good start up like a usual round and than only have to focus on specific win conditions for the last 15 minutes. I think changing up some settings will create a more unique feeling for both the Bash rounds & Cata rounds, which creates more variety in the speed schedule.

Also some small remarks/requests about other speed types:
  • Insanity - Absolutely love these! I didn't know this concept from any other server yet, so appreciate the new stuff.
  • Cluster - Would it be possible to mention the max noble distance somewhere in the round settings?
  • King of the Hill - Should be thrown more in the schedule imho. Game mode which most encourages fighting for P1.
  • No Haul - Are in my experience more fun when rescource production is set to 200% (or 150%).

Again, thank you for planning speeds so regular. It's amazing. I might have a lot to say about it as you've seen above, but that's the enthusiasm speaking. I'm certainly not critical of the current schedule.

We really appreciate the feedback on these and we are glad to see you are enjoying them.

We have received quite a bit of feedback (very thorough and solid feedback, too!) on the speed rounds we have been running and we take note of all of it. We are always looking for more feedback and suggestions to help us better understand the perspective of different players!

.Ichigo Kurosaki.

Reaction score
Might be me, but the announcement of the next range of speeds could be a bit sooner (week before) so people can plan better on it (instead of final speed day).

Also since I do not know if it's possible at all, but it would be nice if your personal settings kept existing on the speed server. We have the nice plugin of @duck that quacks for the toolbar. But the game width needs to change every game for me, AM templates are gone, troop templates etc etc.
Or is this more a suggestion for the Ideas forum? To be able to share your settings over all servers?

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
Might be me, but the announcement of the next range of speeds could be a bit sooner (week before) so people can plan better on it (instead of final speed day).

Also since I do not know if it's possible at all, but it would be nice if your personal settings kept existing on the speed server. We have the nice plugin of @duck that quacks for the toolbar. But the game width needs to change every game for me, AM templates are gone, troop templates etc etc.
Or is this more a suggestion for the Ideas forum? To be able to share your settings over all servers?

We do try to get them out earlier but to say it is a huge time investment is an understatement and sometimes we need a bit of extra time to get it ready.

As for the suggestions, I do believe that would be for our Ideas and Improvements forum as that isn't something that can be done with our settings but would sound like a good idea for all worlds, not just speed.

duck that quacks

Reaction score
I think i've suggested something like that before too it'd be pretty cool if you could just save your settings / AM things like you save the quickbar

.Ichigo Kurosaki.

Reaction score
I don't know if this is even something you could adjust when making a speed server. But I notice OD stats change quite late. Could this be faster or is the game longer available in an offline state for the final calculations and push to twspeeds?

Basand

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Speed Admin
Reaction score
I don't know if this is even something you could adjust when making a speed server. But I notice OD stats change quite late. Could this be faster or is the game longer available in an offline state for the final calculations and push to twspeeds?

We are unable to adjust the speed at which OD is updated. It should still update at the end of the round, however.