Speed Scenarios

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser16171

Let me ask you a question Jamm (and I won't call you "my friend", since I am certain that would offend you). Why do you find the idea of turtling (which, since EVERY round I consistently grow I do not consider myself to be in the classic sense) so offensive? Let us take this round, for example. I started 10 hours late, and found my village placed DIRECTLY between the rank 1 player at the time (you) and the rank 5 player at the time (who you proceeded to noble as your first or second conquest). IF I had not gone completely defensive -- how long would I have lasted -- considering that I have chosen to play solo, since I prefer it?

Now, let us fast-forward to just yesterday. There I am, poor little turtle, surrounded by 8 Gauls villages in my immediate 13 x 13 -- and scouted several times by them, including you. My score was such that the morale for attacking and nobling me would have been inconsequential -- and yet you didn't. Why? Well, I doubt it is because of your true love and devotion! Rather -- you provided the answer yourself -- I MADE MYSELF UNPROFITABLE. THAT is what a solo player HAS to do, to have ANY sort of chance of either success or survival. Could you have taken me? CERTAINLY -- and easily. Did you? No. I simply wasn't worth it.

This does not make me a great player -- far from it. Unlike you, I have NEVER, EVER claimed to be even a GOOD player -- to anyone. I play the way I do because I prefer it, and because I enjoy at least being moderately successful in most of the rounds I play while still going against the grain. I humbly apologize for not providing you an easy target -- but I play the way I prefer to play, and make no claims to greatness. Unlike you, I do not find Tribal Wars to be a career. Rather, I find it to be an amusement. I am sorry if you have difficulty dealing with that.

Tracey

Let me ask you a question Jamm (and I won't call you "my friend", since I am certain that would offend you). Why do you find the idea of turtling (which, since EVERY round I consistently grow I do not consider myself to be in the classic sense) so offensive? Let us take this round, for example. I started 10 hours late, and found my village placed DIRECTLY between the rank 1 player at the time (you) and the rank 5 player at the time (who you proceeded to noble as your first or second conquest). IF I had not gone completely defensive -- how long would I have lasted -- considering that I have chosen to play solo, since I prefer it?

Now, let us fast-forward to just yesterday. There I am, poor little turtle, surrounded by 8 Gauls villages in my immediate 13 x 13 -- and scouted several times by them, including you. My score was such that the morale for attacking and nobling me would have been inconsequential -- and yet you didn't. Why? Well, I doubt it is because of your true love and devotion! Rather -- you provided the answer yourself -- I MADE MYSELF UNPROFITABLE. THAT is what a solo player HAS to do, to have ANY sort of chance of either success or survival. Could you have taken me? CERTAINLY -- and easily. Did you? No. I simply wasn't worth it.

This does not make me a great player -- far from it. Unlike you, I have NEVER, EVER claimed to be even a GOOD player -- to anyone. I play the way I do because I prefer it, and because I enjoy at least being moderately successful in most of the rounds I play while still going against the grain. I humbly apologize for not providing you an easy target -- but I play the way I prefer to play, and make no claims to greatness. Unlike you, I do not find Tribal Wars to be a career. Rather, I find it to be an amusement. I am sorry if you have difficulty dealing with that.

Dont for one minute think you were not heading for the rim...but unfortunately for us you were in sm when we decided we had had enough and hit the deleate button...carry on play your turtling game if you honestly think its fun...

*Bravura*

DeletedUser16171

I know I was headed for the rim, that was hardly the point of my previous post.

DeletedUser

Let me analayze what would happen:

1/ Good player don't need a "tribe" to organize, they do on skype and communicate using only skype (as we did this round in Gauls)

2/ Good player will only have their own defense, but as do their target ==> easier take-over ==> faster grow

3/ Bad / Noob / Turtle will play selffish as usual (or even worse) and be eaten as usual

The outcome would be:
- Faster grow
- More random winner (as the top rank can be killed by any group of players)

This would require peoples to organize without being inside the same tribe ==> They already can't organize when in the same tribe, so imagine

DeletedUser

Atlantis, do whatever you want.

well 3 points:
For me being good is measured in something. The amount of kills, the amount of successful defenses, the amount of points, whatever...your only success is to live a little longer, but only because you build more defense as others. It's like the two guys running from the lion. the one asks the other if he thinks that he can outrun the lion. That one answers: No, but I can run faster than you. In a world with more turtles like you you would get rimmed faster.

you don't play a multiplayer game. you just play a single player game. build a village, noble a farm (that someone else created), go on. I understand that you want to play alone, so why do you actually join a multiplayer game?

what I would have done differently? I would have built defense and offense. morale was on your side so you needed less defense than you had and I would have started farming around like hell and would have at least tried to take the big guy down. At least try for gods sake. what point is there in giving up the second you start and just maximize the time you survive.

DeletedUser16171

So essentially what you are saying is that what I SHOULD have done, in what was supposed to be a one month long round was do what EVERYONE else in our area who chose to grow a bit did -- which was become food for you inside of the first three days. Now, why does this not sound like fun to me? LOL

DeletedUser

Noone in that area farmed, noone in that area attacked me, noone in that area built offense, all of them just turtled in.

would it have been such a problem not building 6000 spears 6000 swords, but just 4000 4000 and additionally a little offense and farm around, maybe even attack me. I know the settings didn't allow it this round, but you wouldn't have done it anyway: why not spike my farms with some of your defense.

You are in the same area with the biggest players and there was no opposition from you. Or was that because you wouldn't want to catch my attention so that you could go on playing sim city for a little while longer.

DeletedUser16171

Well, if I had wanted to avoid your attention, I wouldn't have grown at all. And your objections to how I choose to play are certainly valid from a tribal point of view (i.e. -- spiking villages to damage you, thereby making you an easier target for me/my tribe, etc) -- yes, I understand the strategies, and I used them with the tribes I was in before I chose to play solo (something like 20 rounds ago). However, playing solo -- I think we can agree that I had absolutely hope of competing with you and your tribe (possibly, quite frankly, the best tribe ever assembled in STW). IF I had attacked you, you would have disregarded whatever losses you would have incured, and had three or four of your friends divide those losses between them and take me out in short order -- OR you would have done it yourself. So there was no percentage in it for me.

As for farming -- that is what I did -- I farmed constantly (and yes, with spears) -- if I HADN'T farmed constantly, how would I have managed to build all those swords and spears?

Look, obviously, how I choose to play at this point offends you for some reason -- though I am not completely certain what it should concern you at all. EVERY STW I play solo, I assume that I will be destroyed at some point -- sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. THIS STW, I suspected that Gauls would destroy me. You quit before you got around to it -- my good fortune. My goal was to make you killing me as painful as possible for you -- that's all. Rather than simply be absorbed like a good little lemming, I wanted it to hurt. Again, I am sorry if my play style offends you.

DeletedUser16171

Just because I prefer (for now) to play solo does not mean that I don't interact and make friends with other players in the game. I help some people when I can, I enjoy the relationships that I build with a number of the people in the speed world (and then can carry though to other aspects of life) and I enjoy playing the way I want to play and achieving specific goals (or not achieving them, as the case may be) on a round by round basis.

I have read your guide in a different thread, and it is certainly a blueprint for succeeding round after round after round. However, playing in that fashion round after round after round would get amazingly boring for me. Someday, I will probably go back to tribes -- at which time I will more than likely play the way you seem to prefer that I play. But until then, I reserve the right to be different. I am afraid that I am incapable of feeling any shame for doing that.

DeletedUser

Look guys.
Both of you are right.
No one is wrong here.
Cookies?:icon_razz:

DeletedUser

i like thargoran's idea

"Scenario III: Only 4 tribes in the round (perhaps NE/NW/SE/SW). Each has to fight each other. One cannot choose the tribe, the membership will be set by one's location when starting the round. No voluntarily restart possible - once rimmed a player has to be placed into the same quarter of the map."

ddog456

i like that idea also but 1 thing i would like if that is done is intead of classic red each side gets a different color like green,blue,red,& yellow so when the side im on lol starts winning they know we are taking over there side lol.

DeletedUser

the players should be placed randomly...as fighting long hard will take a while...but just my opinion...

DeletedUser

Scenario

Scenario I - There are only two tribes, speed is 350, First tribe to pass 1,Mio wins. - Tribe 1 Starts in SE and NW and Tribe 2 starts in SW and NE.

Scenario II - Speed 1000, From 17:00 to 19:00. Really fast round, takes skill from fast clicking and maths ;)

Scenario III - One Person will secretly have a special village with already built troops, first person to noble it and keep it for 3 Hours, wins. 20 Premium points goes to winner. (This one isn't perfect, with a bit of editing this will be a perfect round)

Please consider this

DeletedUser

Scenario I - There are only two tribes, speed is 350, First tribe to pass 1,Mio wins. - Tribe 1 Starts in SE and NW and Tribe 2 starts in SW and NE.

Scenario II - Speed 1000, From 17:00 to 19:00. Really fast round, takes skill from fast clicking and maths ;)

Scenario III - One Person will secretly have a special village with already built troops, first person to noble it and keep it for 3 Hours, wins. 20 Premium points goes to winner. (This one isn't perfect, with a bit of editing this will be a perfect round)

Please consider this

Scenario I is good.

Scenario II is too fast... wen u get 100 villages it'll be pretty much impossible to look after them all.

Scenario III is quite good.... the troops should be like support so u cant use them.

I think this shud be used..

Speed: 500
Lasts for: 4-5hours on weekend
Sleep mode: No
Moral: Yes
Tribal Lock: On
Maximum 5 per tribe.
Paladins and Archers on.
Academy: Gold Coins
Farm Space lvl 30: 30k
5 bonus villages with 10k points filled with 100k/100k defense (No scouts so you can scout it) the tribe that can keep atleast 3 of the villages for 30mins get 15 premium points.
You cant support anyone outside tribe.
No allies or NAPs just enemies.

:icon_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.