Speed Strategies

DeletedUser91784

Yes, that's correct. I only used that round as an example, not as a list of "all my speed achievements and victories" or something.

On a more serious note, here is some tips for new speed players.

[spoil]This is what works for me. I am a member of WySoSe (.no speed team) and there is different strategies which works well for each and everyone of us. However, all these have clear similarities, and are quite alike. There will be people who don't agree with me about this, but not everyone has the same strategy.

Allways go the quickest way to LC. When you start with a really small village you do that by farming with spear. When you allredy have stables when starting waiting usually is the smartest. This is the only place the mines accutally is worth something.

Build LC and farm. When you got a constant queue start building HQ at the same time. When I did this yesterday on the 4h speed, I went from rank 93 to rank 1 in one refresh of the ranking lists. Use the farming assistant to farm with 100 LC on all the villages around you using the map. Than you can use the farming assistant to quickly farm. Just open all the tabs in different tabs on your browser and send. Slowly expand the farming area to about 11x11 when reaching 2k LC.

Don't start on axes before you got constant queue in stables and HQ. This is usually after a couple of minutes with farming. Build HQ to between 25 and 27. Than stables to 20. Than rush academy. Farm most be built as about every 2-3 upgrade usually, and warehouse to lvl 24. Rax could also be built, that depends on what lvl it starts in. Workshop lvl 1 is nice to get quite early to get rams.

To avoid geting cleared or suicide nuked by your neigbour, it's smart to attack a village 15 secounds away with your slowest unit. Attack it once, save the report and copy the "attack again with all troops" link and put it in the quick bar. That way you get a dodge script.

When you got academy get a train if coins, get three if packages. If there is coins you just go on to find the biggest village, because you have a nuke. Simply send 25LC+AM x 4 and time your nuke in before it. If packages try to find a village nearby with a player most likely not to manage a >0.5 sec backtime so that you will be able to dodge if he backtime.

You don't have to touch the mines at all. Yesterday the villages was 8k before I upgraded them.

This is from the speed yesterday. Not the best start, but it gives an idea of HQ->Stables->Academy
The reason the farm is so low on the 2nd picture is because opera crashed and a random suicide attacked me with 600 LC whilst I was starting opera up again...

[spoil]
Skjermbilde2012-02-10kl202702.png

Skjermbilde2012-02-10kl204156.png
[/spoil]
[/spoil]
- Ole / TrAnxZ

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's a really low Rax :s

No Iron trades early on the market (lvl1), I'm sure Sam's start would be > yours.

~Will~

DeletedUser

Speedy's speed strategy:

Wait for the best player to fight against 2 pro germans:

Attacker: Kronehit
Origin: (509|508) K55

Quantity: 0 0 0 0 2333 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 0 0 2333 0 0 0 0

Defender: Adrian D.
Destination: (507|487) K45

Quantity:
Losses:
Attacker: Adrian D.
Origin: (507|487) K45

Quantity:
Losses: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Defender: Kronehit
Destination: (509|508) K55

Quantity: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Defender's troops, that were in transit

1723 1452 0 165 39 0 151 0 0
Haul: 0/56.000
Loyalty: Dropped from 30 to -1

Quantity:
Losses:

Defender: -pwn*
Destination: (505|512) K55

Quantity: 147 622 720 132 588 0 52 0 4 0
Losses: 147 622 720 132 588 0 52 0 4 0

He pwns them both despite being attacked in the meanwhile by other nubs:

Attacker: Rohan Archer
Origin: (481|504) K54

Quantity: 0 0 0 0 1979 0 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 0 0 1979 0 0 0 0

Defender: Adrian D.
Destination: (507|487) K45

Seeing that his OD is gone skyrocketting, but still being afraid, speedy's speed strategy says:
Attack, wait for him to kill you, then tell your friend to backtime him.

So you attack, and you get killed afterwards:

Quantity:
Losses:

Defender: 0 S0 SpeeDy
Destination: (520|484) K45

Quantity: 219 0 2598 76 1554 0 100 0 3 0
Losses: 219 0 2598 76 1554 0 100 0 3 0

Then you tell your friend to backtime. But you don't take into consideration that your friend's is a bit nervous when attacking Adrian and messes up the backtime
fuckthatbitch.png

As a result:

Quantity:
Losses:

Defender: LocoMaw
Destination: (522|481) K45

Quantity: 0 0 0 0 2110 0 4 0 0 0
Losses: 0 0 0 0 2110 0 4 0 0 0

As a result, you both get pwned.

What next? Speedy's speed strategy says so:

If you get pwned, deny ever working together, and actually say that your friend was attacking you too (so that you look cool, as if YOU were the one gangbanged)

0 S0 SpeeDy today at 12:53
Cowardly attacks. Locomaw attacked me too :p

Adrian D. today at 12:55
Don't lie *****, that guy is with you. And he got pwned too =))

0 S0 SpeeDy today at 12:56
he's not..
LocoMaw today at 12:55
lol i muck up cancel attack!!! (Bwaahahahahahahaha)

Adrian D. today at 12:56
Stop ****ing around =))http://ens1.tribalwars.net/page.php?page=inbound&screen=info_player&id=8123772

LocoMaw today at 12:57
I got bored mate. Have my village Ill clear it :*

LocoMaw today at 12:58
speedy gave me wrong backtimes (rofl)
Awesome round :))

DeletedUser104517

LOL. He seems like a noob :eek: But adrian you look like you have no life writing all that.. :O

DeletedUser

LOL i never gave him the wrong backtimes at all. he never read skype properly! Ah well.. another time :')

DeletedUser

Yes, that's correct. I only used that round as an example, not as a list of "all my speed achievements and victories" or something.

On a more serious note, here is some tips for new speed players.

[spoil]This is what works for me. I am a member of WySoSe (.no speed team) and there is different strategies which works well for each and everyone of us. However, all these have clear similarities, and are quite alike. There will be people who don't agree with me about this, but not everyone has the same strategy.

Allways go the quickest way to LC. When you start with a really small village you do that by farming with spear. When you allredy have stables when starting waiting usually is the smartest. This is the only place the mines accutally is worth something.

Build LC and farm. When you got a constant queue start building HQ at the same time. When I did this yesterday on the 4h speed, I went from rank 93 to rank 1 in one refresh of the ranking lists. Use the farming assistant to farm with 100 LC on all the villages around you using the map. Than you can use the farming assistant to quickly farm. Just open all the tabs in different tabs on your browser and send. Slowly expand the farming area to about 11x11 when reaching 2k LC.

Don't start on axes before you got constant queue in stables and HQ. This is usually after a couple of minutes with farming. Build HQ to between 25 and 27. Than stables to 20. Than rush academy. Farm most be built as about every 2-3 upgrade usually, and warehouse to lvl 24. Rax could also be built, that depends on what lvl it starts in. Workshop lvl 1 is nice to get quite early to get rams.

To avoid geting cleared or suicide nuked by your neigbour, it's smart to attack a village 15 secounds away with your slowest unit. Attack it once, save the report and copy the "attack again with all troops" link and put it in the quick bar. That way you get a dodge script.

When you got academy get a train if coins, get three if packages. If there is coins you just go on to find the biggest village, because you have a nuke. Simply send 25LC+AM x 4 and time your nuke in before it. If packages try to find a village nearby with a player most likely not to manage a >0.5 sec backtime so that you will be able to dodge if he backtime.

You don't have to touch the mines at all. Yesterday the villages was 8k before I upgraded them.

This is from the speed yesterday. Not the best start, but it gives an idea of HQ->Stables->Academy
The reason the farm is so low on the 2nd picture is because opera crashed and a random suicide attacked me with 600 LC whilst I was starting opera up again...

[spoil]
Skjermbilde2012-02-10kl202702.png

Skjermbilde2012-02-10kl204156.png
[/spoil]
[/spoil]
- Ole / TrAnxZ

Only just saw this, few alterations I need to suggest so that new players don't make the same mistakes you do.

1. The market is your friend.
Use it to store iron while you're making spears (I usually end up with level 5, 5k iron stored) and then use it to trade for iron when you're 1st getting lc.
2. Upgrade the rax before going for nobles.
Your level 10 rax will leave you with a ridiculously low axe count at nobles, it takes such a small amount of time to get to level 20 (minimum) and I usually max mine before nobles.
3. Maxing stable before nobles?
The change in build time from level 17/18 to 20 is not worth the time it takes for the upgrades to build. Depending on the round, you could max it, but its usually better to leave it. You still end up with a full nuke at nobles by my strategy.

DeletedUser

trolololololollolollolool.

Someone just called kronehit good? I killed him on a 5h speed i entered 1h late without premium. '_'

DeletedUser

trolololololollolollolool.

Someone just called kronehit good? I killed him on a 5h speed i entered 1h late without premium. '_'

Someone just called kronehit good? I killed him on a 5h speed i entered

and...

1h late without premium

Was it a bash round? Was it a cat round? How much points did he have at the time? Was he being attacked by someone else?

Firstly, if you did; you provided no proof, not like I could be asked to read it, as you both nobodies to me anyways)
Secondly, it's just 1 round, don't go over the top about it.

DeletedUser

Someone just called kronehit good? I killed him on a 5h speed i entered

and...

1h late without premium

Was it a bash round? Was it a cat round? How much points did he have at the time? Was he being attacked by someone else?

Firstly, if you did; you provided no proof, not like I could be asked to read it, as you both nobodies to me anyways)
Secondly, it's just 1 round, don't go over the top about it.

1v1, nobling round. i had 7k, he had 17k. he started attacking by sending a train. i play 4-5 speeds every day on all domains with speeds, because of that i can hardly remember where, and hardly when. i think it was somewhere between 1 month ago and 1 week ago. Well. Thinking about how "good"(read: bad) he played and considering I'm not a mega pro on speed, he can hardly be a "german pro".

Sorry, i was a bit foggy back when I wrote the last message :icon_redface:

DeletedUser

Flo is #good, PaTT less so. I love all these nubs treating us to imaginary story time,

Flo > all those nubs who posted about her

~Will~

DeletedUser

1v1, nobling round. i had 7k, he had 17k. he started attacking by sending a train. i play 4-5 speeds every day on all domains with speeds, because of that i can hardly remember where, and hardly when. i think it was somewhere between 1 month ago and 1 week ago. Well. Thinking about how "good"(read: bad) he played and considering I'm not a mega pro on speed, he can hardly be a "german pro".

Sorry, i was a bit foggy back when I wrote the last message :icon_redface:

kronehit wasnt playing then..someone was probably on his account. Cause he would rim you..with his eyes closed..and i dont even like him

DeletedUser

The thing that bothers me most about speed rounds. A few of the top players cheat by using the same sid address. In order for two players to play the same account at the same time. Most players don't know that it is possible.

But it explains a lot when you are number 2 in a round. The top player in the round wants you to get on Skype and Chat. You are having a very nice conversation then move the Skype window in order to see if you have any incoming attacks.

Suddenly you notice that you have 4 noble trains going to 4 of your villages. 5 Attacks in each train. All sub second trains.

And you have already lost 4 village to 4 previous trains, that you didn't notice. Because Skype was covering the area where the X is.

All of this happening within a few minutes from getting on Skype and chatting.

This really happened to me. I since have proven that this can be done. The sharing of a sid address. Along with the account holders password. And you have two players both playing the same account at the same time.

One farming, building up the villages etc... While his partner Attacks and take villages at a rate much faster then one player could do on his own.

The other thing that a few of the top players do in rounds to win. Is talk players out of their villages. So that they can beat another player in the round.

So in other words. I am not that impressed with these guys who always win these rounds by 1 million points. I would like to see how they would do if they played a round without calling in favors all over the map. And sharing sid addresses in order to double team against the rest of us who choose not to cheat.

olympus

Sidding was made illegal and is detectable by the mods, if someone is sidding they will most likely be found out at some point during the round and banned.

Talking players out of their villages isnt illegal, may be an underhand tactic but if you are stupid enough to give someone your village? then you only have yourself to blame.