2x Koths with 50k Points (High farm)inside trupps: 25/25k Deff
2x Koths with 250k Points( High Farm) 100/100k Deff

Every Cheat village spawn on 1 Continent

DeletedUser124281

48h round is perfect.^^ U cant do a koth round with only 10h^^

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
We won't do a KoTH round, for the simple reason that it needs me to be present and I don't have the time for that at this point.

DeletedUser124281

then plan this round 1:1 without koth villages^^ but then Konstant nobles

Path To Ascension

Reaction score
If you don't have time JawJaw is this something the community can help with/host speed rounds. I’d be happy to volunteer a day or two a week.

Olve

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
@JawJaw Are there any moderation positions open to apply for to help with doing speeds and keeping rounds going? Would love to help out with it

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
I'm afraid you're not the only player here and I also need to serve the players that CAN play at those timeframes :)

There is an automatic rotation of speed rounds in the planning, so each player can have a round at his time at some point.

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Must say, reasonably impressed with the rounds on offer that I have seen the last couple of days - good variation and rounded settings.

Few points of suggestion:

1. Leaving Tribe - Can this please not be a frequent setting. Every now and again it is ok sure, but regularly it falls into a few issues.
- Players can rotate in and out of tribes to never run out of def for 1 main player.
- Enhances gangbanging and will discourage those who are new and don't have many friends/allies.
- Allows easy backstabbing (as happened to me, was suddenly dismissed and launched on by the duke of the tribe. Luckily he wasn't great and I was able to take him out), but due to the short round times and ability to change account between rounds, a lot of players can stab without any fear of repercussion as 2 hours later theyre playing a new account and can do it over again.
- Backstabbing mainly hinders noobs who can be manipulated and then rimmed when their help runs out.
- Lock tribes in to encourage teamwork, prevent easy stabbing, and discourage gangbanging.

2. No ms rounds - So I don't know how frequently this happens. The round I played yesterday was my first speed round without MS ever I think (and I have played a couple of hundred). Was a nice change up. However, it does a few things to the round:
- Forces you to build def (no sniping, have to stack)
- Forces you to rush academy (admittedly a good strategy)
- Removes sniping (a key skill/fun aspect of the game)
- Makes it impossible to win if you start late. The round is won by first to get a train with decent offence. Any late starter is forced to whore def and then is just rimmed.

There's no issue with these in themselves, and adapting to round settings is a key skill in speed.
However, if done regularly then rounds will become very same-y.
No sniping also made it kind of hella boring. Def just parked up in my main and I slowly rimmed people.

Suggestions:

No leaving tribe for 4/5 rounds at least.
MS active (50 or 100ms) on 9/10 rounds at least.

Thanks

HLD

Last edited:

bubu

Reaction score
Dear @JawJaw,

i played 15 villa speed yesterday, must say very interesting setup.
I would love to see a speed server where you start with 9k villas, so it is 2h-3h of only troops being built and attacking echother. Same speed and every other setting as yesterday. Maybe even without barbs so people really have to fight eachother.

Best regards

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Personally I would say for the most part, short and sharp rounds with standard low-point settings are most popular.

Speed: 350x
Unit: 0.6x
Attack gap: 50-100ms
Tribe: 3-5 members, No leaving.
Round length: 3-5 hours
Paladin: active, no weapons
Church: Inactive
Morale: No
Start: 26 point / 3-3-3 mines / 6-6-6 mines

Believe you call these Level 0, Level 1, and you don't have a level for this last one.
6/6/6 mines was what was used for all the 1v1s and international tournaments back in the day on .masters. It's bread and butter for top players really.

Churches:
Last round, church was active.
On fast short rounds churches means that there is significant advantage by where you happen to spawn. It makes expansion slower and more difficult which would heavily affect the outcome of rounds if they were short and closely-fought.
Because anything you take outside of your church can easily be recapped by a competing player. Can have it sometimes but you don't really want the outcome of the majority of rounds to be decided by luck.

Multi-day rounds:
It would also be nice to occasionally see a longer round. Anywhere between 2 and 5 days. Either medium speed (250-300x, 0.8-1.0), or quite slow (150x, 1.0). Put a chunky PP reward on it and I'm sure it would attract a large amount of competition.

Speed Tournaments and Leagues
Another idea for boosting popularity would be some form of speed leagues or tournaments.

For tournaments you have people sign up, fixed tribes for the tournament, the tournament lasts say 5 rounds over a weekend or wee/fortnight period, with an overall winner who receives a significant PP reward.

For leagues, you could include all rounds, or make only specific rounds count (as above) but instead this lasts a month or season or even year.
Over the course of the league period, however long it lasts, people accumulate points for placing/winning certain rounds and at the end, whoever has the most points is crowned champion. Significant PP + forum announcement.

Similar things like these used to be run back in the day on .uk and .net and .ma in the hay-day of speed.
if you wish to discuss these further, let me know. Happy to discuss on skype

HLD

Deleted User - 11577685

Start:Mar 24, 12:00
End:Mar 24, 16:00
Description:During speed rounds additional game rules apply. Please find them listed, along with the round settings, on the forum.
Player limit:150
Victory conditions:Top Player (points) at the end of the round receives 50PP
Speed:400
Unit speed:0.8
Sleep mode:No
Account sitting:No
Morale:No

Settings

Speed: 400
Unit Speed: 0.8

Morale: Inactive
Militia: Inactive
Attack/Support gap: Milliseconds (100)
Beginners Protection: 35 minutes
Technologies: Simple
Paladin: Inactive
Archers: Inactive
Academy: Coins
Tribe Limit: 5
Starting level: Level 6
Farm limit: Inactive
Fake Limit: 0%

Barbarian Villages: Grow to 3000 pts, 3.5/player
Bonus Villages: Yes, 2.5/player
Choose Starting Direction: Active

Sleep mode: Inactive
Sitting mode: Inactive

Last edited by a moderator:

kvaea

Reaction score
I enjoyed last round, it would be nice if outside support was disabled in future rounds though .. it just allows for more underhand tactics and tribe member limit becomes entirely redundant

Start:Mar 24, 14:00
End:Mar 24, 17:30
Description:During speed rounds additional game rules apply. Please find them listed, along with the round settings, on the forum.
Player limit:150
Victory conditions:Top Player (points) at the end of the round receives 50PP
Speed:350
Unit speed:0.6
Sleep mode:No
Account sitting:No
Morale:No

Settings

Speed: 350
Unit Speed: 0.6

Morale: Inactive
Militia: Active
Attack/Support gap: Milliseconds (100)
Beginners Protection: 35 minutes
Technologies: Simple
Paladin: Active
Archers: Active
Academy: Coins
Tribe Limit: 3
Starting level: Level 1
Farm limit: Inactive
Fake Limit: 0%

Barbarian Villages: Grow to 3000 pts, 6/player
Bonus Villages: Yes, 6/player
Choose Starting Direction: Active

Sleep mode: Inactive
Sitting mode: Inactive

6 barbs/6 bonus per player and no outside tribe support.

- Patris

Last edited:

HotLikeDat

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Ok I'll try again....

1. No outside support. 95% of rounds this needs to be included in the settings, or gangbangers will take over the server. It makes tribe limit entirely redundant, if you have outside support allowed you may as well have an infinite tribe member limit, the result is the same. It encourages underhand and unfair tactics where pure numbers will win, other than skill.

2. No Leaving Tribe. If players can leave or be kicked it, 1) makes backstabbing super easy, which again hurts noobs as they can be manipulated and then dismissed and launched on immediately when their help is no longer required. Might as well allow nobling tribe mates if this setting is validated. 2) It also allows rotation of def players, allowing 8 players to def 1 main guy. Again, tribe limit is redundant, just make it infinite, result is the same.

3. You need to stop with churches. It can make spawn and chance a key factor in victory rather than mostly skill.

Now for some technical stuff

4. If you have a round speed in excess of 300, the unit speed needs to be significantly slower. Old tourney rounds were 350x & 0.6. If you want a 400x, make unit speed 0.5. Can't really explain this, just it's too fast and becomes very spammy, makes the rounds not so fun.