Spiked Barbs

DeletedUser

Hey guys, this thread isn't meant to be a flame thread in any way. I just thought I would post this so we can discuss it, this is my reason for this chat.

http://en59.tribalwars.net/public_report/b86528d10431fdfdb8557b675b7122f0?village=48010

I am not trying to single out any one player here, even thou I have only shown one. But this one to me is kinda..... Well I will let you guys decide.

Anyway this topic is about spiking barbs, do people agree with it or hate it?

DeletedUser

Hate it, see it as a totally pointless waste of your troops!

If you have avaliable troops farm with them. If close players are farming your barbs noble them. Done now!

DeletedUser103537

I even laughed when I saw that. It is so funny. Could have been sniping I doubt it. It is the funniest report I have seen yet. Ok my opinion on spiking barbs is that it is inefficient especially on this world. The reason cause of the tech levels which are on the barbs. Now on some worlds it can be useful but not this one. On 15 tech it is terrible to spike a barb.

DeletedUser

yea it is a pretty funny report, 1st time I've ever nobled someone and they had that much troops at barbs. You figure he had roughly 2500 spear and 2500 sword, most would have used that to at least try to snipe. :lol:

DeletedUser

in that case I don't see the point.
in-fact I don't think I would ever do it myself,
but early on in this world I ran into lots of spiked barbs, I never actually worked out who was doing it, ultimately it didn't stop me so didn't succeed for that player as he/she is clearly gone now but it did slow me down for a while as I had to scout all farms first and send stronger forces on farming runs. For a couple of weeks it really did slow my growth, so in some situations the tactic can be useful.
but its too sneaky for my taste.

DeletedUser

ultimately it didn't stop me so didn't succeed for that player as he/she is clearly gone now

well it didn't help gman there either, to me spiking barbs is just a waste. you can use those troops to farm, but meh what do i know

DeletedUser

Spiking isn't that great of an tactic at anytime.

The most useful time is probably middle-game. Where farming is still neccesary, but not so much that you need the troops to farm yourselves.
Early game just slows your own growth (unless your facing a defensive player)
And late game doesn't matter anymore.

I suppose in middle game, if you spot an opponents defensive village. You can plant some HC and see what happens. I'd assume they'd farm close villages with spears and you can kill a couple hundred.

DeletedUser

Farming is important in any stages :lol:

Saw dlhu in w49? Hes leading with his 30 mill points and they are at the late, late, late stage to win the world and he is still in disputes with people nobling his farms.

That is dedication.

Which is sadly something I will have to go the extra mile to understand :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Spiking barbs is a good way of slowing down the resources for the player you are targeting, however you do have to be prepared to lose your troops so it should only be done when you have enough troops.

It is a short term strategy that works quite well and if you think about it, most farming runs are not done with a huge number of troops. Usual farming run is 50-100 LC's depending on the village being farmed and how far in to the game the world is.

Just my 2cents. :)