Spiked farm?

manofhonor

I have played this game for a long time. I can assure you, I am in no danger :) Two hours more or less makes no difference in the long run. If you don't believe me, just keep playing and you will see :D

:) I know that, Gautigoth. I've been around since 2006. I'm merely expressing why it's so lucrative to spike villages. Not that I would ever :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Yeah... I have a pally and 13 spears, but farming is pointless... My pally can't even get a full haul by itself :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

:) I know that, Gautigoth. I've been around since 2006. I'm merely expressing why it's so lucrative to spike villages. Not that I would ever :icon_wink:

I've been around since 2006 as well ;) I played World 1 for nearly a year. But I don't agree with you. It could never be lucrative to spike villages this early. You will loose all or most of your troops as soon as anyone attacks you.

manofhonor

I've been around since 2006 as well ;) I played World 1 for nearly a year. But I don't agree with you. It could never be lucrative to spike villages this early. You will loose all or most of your troops as soon as anyone attacks you.

? Just spike with a paladin. All it costs is 20/20/40, and you can take out about 15 spears and one paladin.

DeletedUser

? Just spike with a paladin. All it costs is 20/20/40, and you can take out about 15 spears and one paladin.

It's insane to spike an abandoned with a paladin. Instead of using him for farming you will just have him standing there.

manofhonor

It's insane to spike an abandoned with a paladin. Instead of using him for farming you will just have him standing there.

We're still in BP. There comes a point when all the barb's in your reasonable immediate vicinity is out of resources. At this point, it's better to hurt your neighbors than get meager resources from abandons, so that they're weaker once BP does wear off. I'll say no more about this. Should keep tactics like this to myself.

Besides, I'm trying to pump troops non-stop. One paladin isn't worth as much to me now as before. I have a contingency of spears and swords. Just hoping not to suffer any damage from anyone else spiking...

DeletedUser

woo! must have killed some troops.

keep my pala their until beginner protection expires

Subject Your support from Alpha in Barbarian village has been attacked
SentOct 10,2008 22:24
Supported player:abandoned village
Village:Barbarian village (399|523) K53
Origin of the troops:Alpha (400|526) K54

Units:

Quantity: 7 00000000010
Losses: 2 0000000

DeletedUser

it's worth spiking with only pally. especially when you aren't near any barbarian village.

DeletedUser

We're still in BP. There comes a point when all the barb's in your reasonable immediate vicinity is out of resources. At this point, it's better to hurt your neighbors than get meager resources from abandons, so that they're weaker once BP does wear off. I'll say no more about this. Should keep tactics like this to myself.

Besides, I'm trying to pump troops non-stop. One paladin isn't worth as much to me now as before. I have a contingency of spears and swords. Just hoping not to suffer any damage from anyone else spiking...

Your tactics are wrong. It's always better to get resources than to not get any. If you played this game before you should be surprised at how few people farm anything at all.

And anyone that played this game for more than a couple of weeks should try to pump troops non-stop :icon_rolleyes:

manofhonor

Your tactics are wrong. It's always better to get resources than to not get any. If you played this game before you should be surprised at how few people farm anything at all.

And anyone that played this game for more than a couple of weeks should try to pump troops non-stop :icon_rolleyes:

Whatever you say pal. There's always different tactics, and situations between locations are dynamic. If you feel that constantly raiding barb's that have petty resources are productive, it's your game.

This is a math game, plain and simple. I won't give away my technique, as I'm sure you won't either. But my question is... have you calculated anything, or are you going by pure experience?

DeletedUser

Whatever you say pal. There's always different tactics, and situations between locations are dynamic. If you feel that constantly raiding barb's that have petty resources are productive, it's your game.

This is a math game, plain and simple. I won't give away my technique, as I'm sure you won't either. But my question is... have you calculated anything, or are you going by pure experience?

I read your post again and I think I misunderstood you. Of course it's better to attack neighbours than to attack abandonds, if that is what you meant. But at the moment we have to settle for the abandonds.

DeletedUser

noobs around me are only farming with spears which are dieing coz they only send like 5 i lose 1-2 depends on luck

DeletedUser

It hurts now. Hopefully nobody will remember to spike my future farms :D

Nauzhror

I read your post again and I think I misunderstood you. Of course it's better to attack neighbours than to attack abandonds, if that is what you meant. But at the moment we have to settle for the abandonds.

No. He's saying you spike your paladin in a barb. Your neighbor hits it, you lose a paladin, they lose a paladin and 15 spears. They then can't farm as efficiently, they fall behind. They're then easier pickings once BP ends.

DeletedUser

Spiking villages in the beginning is a complete waste. Well that just my opinion

robj

If there are resources out there, by all means farm them instead of spiking.

However, in a non-growing barb world before protection ends, its pretty likely that you will exhaust what resources can be farmed. His point is you have a few options:

1. Farm the same grey villages nearby for 0-10 resources
  2. Send your pally on multi hour trips with uncertain returns
  3. Spike the village and wait for someone to hit ... then after you have eliminated farming competition, farm it.

If you know what the resource level are of your farms you should be able to calculate how quickly resources are being produced! If your farming runs are returning less than that ... maybe you should spike it :icon_twisted: Then you should be able to farm all/more of the village's resources.