Spotlight: Half price nobles

• Thread starter Deleted User - 832139
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted User - 832139

Spotlight: Half price nobles

We frequently get asked questions such as "Why does world x have half priced nobles and we don't?" and "When does a world get half priced nobles enabled?".

Half priced nobles is a feature we usually enable on older worlds when we feel gameplay is getting stale. The idea of the change is that players won't have to wait as long to purchase noblemen so will be able to participate in attacks and tribe operations more.

We don't have a strict set of guidelines, but in general the following criteria must be met before a world will have the feature enabled:

* Less than 1000 players left on the world
* Players have to wait a long time to afford new noblemen.
* In a world poll, more than 2/3rds of players must vote to enable it.

Currently worlds 1-10 and 12 have had this feature enabled. There are also a couple of exceptions: World 43 started with half priced nobles, and world 39 has it enabled shortly after the start.
* Less than 1000 players left on the world ..... down to the 600 mark

* Players have to wait a long time to afford new noblemen. .... Some of our players are having to gift villages to gain more nobles now.

* In a world poll, more than 2/3rds of players must vote to enable it. ... can we get this sorted so we can vote?

We now match 2 out of 3 of this criteria so whats our chances?

Respects

Drew Waylander ... TheFOE

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hell I don't have a problem getting nobles.....Alison and her crew keep taking my vills makes it easy to have nobles lol. But yeah lets put it to a vote. then 600 players max out 10 tribes and fight 5 on 5 to the finish.

DeletedUser

personally I think this is a joke.

Changing the rules half way through a game is stupid. Let's change fooball so that if the score is 0 - 0 at half time we will increase the goal size for more goals.

That shows how stupid this rule is. All it's really saying is all those pointswhores are getting lazy. Instead of finding better material / coin management they want you to make it easier for them.

What about all the players who have played and quit. I'm sure a lot quit as it took so long to create nobles. So now you give in to the cry babies and give them what they want.

For the record I would say this no matter if I was winning or losing.

The only way I would allow this rule is if another criteria was put in that the player had showed they were active and not a farmer or a pointswhore.
How do you do this, not by position but by points. I would say they would have to have 75 million points for ODA and ODD. That is the only way to show they haven't been sitting on their backsides for 6 months.

Personally I wouldn't even want this but as a compromise to the noble whiners.

Deleted User - 832139

1/2-price noble and the 3/4 vote seems pretty tricky to perform... 600 players are left, of which 510 have 10 or more vills. Of those 510, probably upto 100 are sits or co-accounts or *cough* held. Seems a real stretch to get 50% let alone 2/3rds of the votes.

Add to this to the amount of nobles the losing players already have ... seems a long long shot to hit 3/4 mark for votes.

So the real point is in the core of what you said Brit ... the quality players are now dragging their feet due to honistly being out of nobles all the time ... Hence one of the FOE's tactics is to leave barbs as barbs and let the dead die .. and it is still effecting us.

Just activity is low due to the fact of getting 8 trains ready is a months waiting or a lot of farming and thats when the boredom hitb players hard and joining new worlds looks more inviting and so it goes down hill. So it would be nice to get activity back up again with a new lease of life of cheaper nobles/coins for them that want to be active.

DeletedUser

I agree withe Drew!
Half price nobles will make the game much more fun to play...
It is a stander feature just like Overtime.

ODD has nothing to do with how you play... its mostly luck.
There are hardly 50 players fit in your criteria...
there will never be more because the game is just getting more boring and they leave.
Is that the way you want to win?!

DeletedUser

1/2 priced nobles is a good idea I vote in that favor

DeletedUser

Considering all of the recent talk about how worried GOH is about the game getting too boring and people quitting, I would think they would be the first ones calling for the 1/2 price nobles... :icon_confused:

Can our mod start a poll, even if it is an un-official one, just to see how the forum users feel about the issue? I am in favor of it.

DeletedUser

Well. lately (for the past half year or more) I have been looking at nobling in wawe forms. meaning. waiting like a month to get a good handfull of nobles (30-40 of them) then use them in a few days, (less than a week) then wait again. must say it´s a long wait just to have a few days of fun.

I think only 25 meat the criteria of 75 mill. I´m ranked 24 I think and I have 76 mill in ODA and 86 in ODD.

a lot of rules have been changed along the way. "barbs grow, unlimited" is now 3K just for one.
"loyalty = timebased from core and out" is an other one. Meaning, if you are a small player in the core, you dont have the advantage of beeing small anymore. not that is a big difference.
remember, more nobles = more villages to protect, so you will be spread out thin, if you go the path of the pointwhore and dont make troops to protect yourself.

just to sum it up.. half price nobles = yes vote from me.

the half price nobles are just a reconition of the fact that the game setup is lacking in it´s end play.

DeletedUser

Considering all of the recent talk about how worried GOH is about the game getting too boring and people quitting, I would think they would be the first ones calling for the 1/2 price nobles... :icon_confused:

Can our mod start a poll, even if it is an un-official one, just to see how the forum users feel about the issue? I am in favor of it.

Done. It's up for a week, then it will close. So make sure you tell all your Tribemates :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

as some noob who will remain nameless deleted my last post - it's a yes cough cough cough word beginning with F....................... please to more nobles

DeletedUser77270

I vote yes. Inactivity is becoming rampant, and it makes this game really boring. Adding half priced nobles will allow us to produce more nobles and speed the game back up.

DeletedUser

Can I just ask why you're all Posting in here, when i've made a perfectly good Poll Topic on the Main section of the World Forums? :icon_redface:

Status
Not open for further replies.