starting tactics

DeletedUser

OP made that forum account 3 years ago.
If they haven't learned by now, they may as well just build a nice farm for their neighbours.
And making an ass out of myself is what I do best. ^_^

Yeah but do you realize there are people that have joined years ago, and still have no idea how to start up or even play properly? Guy could've took a few years break and comeback, trying to get back into the swing of things...

Don Draper

DeletedUser

Yeah but do you realize there are people that have joined years ago, and still have no idea how to start up or even play properly? Guy could've took a few years break and comeback, trying to get back into the swing of things...

Don Draper

No excuse for expecting to be spoon fed when its as easy as googling "Tribal Wars Guides"

monsterbro

you can google it but what guide you going pick for starting guide there like 75 of them out there

DeletedUser

True I suppose. Well for this world there are several ways you can start, the beginning for all of them are pretty much the same...

Pally + 10 spears for farming

This can transition to one of several things...

1) straight axes to clear players around you, since it's a 3 day BP you can easily take out someone's army then it's only a matter of time before they just restart.
Pros : Makes more barbs around you
Cons : Leaves you very vulnerable to attacks
Pretty much you have to kill their army and dodge all of their attacks so yours doesn't die since axes make shitty defenders.

2) straight lc/scouts to farm quicker
Pros : Lets you hit the barbs quicker and bring back larger hauls, scouts somewhat help against spikes
Cons : LCs are very easy to spike since spears are good against them and almost everyone has some
It's a double edged sword, if you take a major hit its most likely you won't recover. LC are all about farming not fighting.

3) turtle a bit with swords
Pros : Lets you spike barbs around you setting people back, gives you some defense for your village
Cons : You won't be able to farm much, will rely alot on your village's resource income
Depends on your play style, can keep you alive long enough to get a real army of your own if you're surrounded by farmer/aggressive players.

DeletedUser

There are other ways of doing it as well, I just don't feel like typing them out or looking them up. Those are just basic suggestions.

DeletedUser

I think one of the best startup strategies is not to tell people what your strategy is. ;)