Startup Guide by Doc

DeletedUser

Doctor Cuddles Startup Guide
Side note:
[spoil]Yes, there are many startup guides, you see that this on may be similar to some while very different from others. This is a pure startup guide and it won't go into trains, nobling, or major builds. Considering this is my first guide, don't hate me if it isn't good. Some CnC would be nice :p.

This guide is for players who are joining the core.[/spoil]
Recommended browser: Google Chrome
I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person who uses this, you can basically do you same thing on Chrome as you can on Opera. Of course Chrome has its bugs and you sometimes see this:
[spoil]
2z7egy1.jpg
[/spoil]If your wondering how to use it for trains PM me.

First Steps:
[spoil]Obviously the ideal choices for your first building upgrades are HQ and then get to Barracks. I've seen it a lot of ways done, but I suggest making 9 spears for farming at the beginning, if you’re lucky you'll have a barb or two in your 7x7. Farm the barbs, every run you'll lose one, rebuild it and you'll still have some resources left over. Keep farming and start to up the pits. Build troops to 60 spears and 15 swordsmen, that way you can split up your farming into 3.[/spoil]
Farm whore:
[spoil]After getting your pits to a reasonable size (matters on you activity) begin working on getting stables. First HQ, then barracks, then smithy. In fact, order doesn't matter, just work on getting the stable. After you get the stable, make 3 or 4 scouts, then begin working on a crap load of LC. With every farm run send 1 scout so you know how much resources are left over. Work on LC and recruit builds (stable, etc). At 100 LC I usually stop.[/spoil]
For the ODA:
[spoil]At this point I mass recruit axes. Now there are two things you can do, clear you 7x7, or let some other nublet do that then you clear him. Though, sometimes there is no one to clear the village around you, so you clear them. This will give you some ODA, which some players are in love with. Now begin working on the smithy so you can get rams and cats.[/spoil]
Final beginning steps:
[spoil]Get about 10 rams and 10 cats. 10 rams should bring a wall down 3 levels, cat the farm, and just repeat until the player your attacking restarts. If you see no threats begin working on academy and troops. Work on axes, LC, etc.[/spoil]
Build you should have:
[spoil]Village Headquarters (Level 15)
Barracks (Level 10)
Stable (Level 6)
Smithy (Level 12)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 4/5)
Timber camp (Level 12)
Clay pit (Level 11)
Iron mine (Level 11)
Farm (Level 10)
Warehouse (Level 11/12)
Hiding place (Level 0)

I'd have a little more spears then most players, but that’s because I'm a D player. You should judge on you axe and LC amounts, it varies with areas.[/spoil]
Tell me how it us, it’s my first guide :icon_eek:.

Cheers,
Cuddles

twenty-five

That's flat out awful, uses too many generalised statements. Not to mention seems to recommend going HQ/Rax prior to upgrading the pits to at least level 1, which is flat out silly to do all the time, some situations I believe it works out mathematically best however. You mention you stop building LC, why?

A humble player

Doctor Cuddles Startup Guide
Side note:
[spoil]Yes, there are many startup guides, you see that this on may be similar to some while very different from others. This is a pure startup guide and it won't go into trains, nobling, or major builds. Considering this is my first guide, don't hate me if it isn't good. Some CnC would be nice :p.

This guide is for players who are joining the core.[/spoil]
Recommended browser: Google Chrome
I'm pretty sure that I'm the only person who uses this, you can basically do you same thing on Chrome as you can on Opera. Of course Chrome has its bugs and you sometimes see this:
[spoil]
2z7egy1.jpg
[/spoil]If your wondering how to use it for trains PM me.
Opera>chrome. Faster trains, only about 1% slower, and a lot more options and things you can do to make it run faster (tab switing etc.)
First Steps:
[spoil]Obviously the ideal choices for your first building upgrades are HQ and then get to Barracks. I've seen it a lot of ways done, but I suggest making 9 spears for farming at the beginning, if you’re lucky you'll have a barb or two in your 7x7. Farm the barbs, every run you'll lose one, rebuild it and you'll still have some resources left over. Keep farming and start to up the pits. Build troops to 60 spears and 15 swordsmen, that way you can split up your farming into 3.[/spoil]
Pits first, always pits before HQ...at least to 1/1/1 (on non pally worlds, 3/1/1 and even 5/1/1 or 52/1 mines get you to 12 spears (the magic number) faster). Then go HQ 3, and rax 1. You should restart if you have fewer than 2 barbs in your 7*7, the probabilities say that 3 is average, and 4 is not unlikely. 5+ and you shoudl really stay. Get 25+ spears before going for stable and at stable one, use some of your extra iron to build some swords. Use 5sw and 20sp groups, as much as you need depends on skill, activity and area.
Farm whore:
[spoil]After getting your pits to a reasonable size (matters on you activity) begin working on getting stables. First HQ, then barracks, then smithy. In fact, order doesn't matter, just work on getting the stable. After you get the stable, make 3 or 4 scouts, then begin working on a crap load of LC. With every farm run send 1 scout so you know how much resources are left over. Work on LC and recruit builds (stable, etc). At 100 LC I usually stop.[/spoil]
Go smithy first. Unless you are so obscenely lucky that you can get 100 sp and 25 sw by end of day 2 (possibly stemming from having a 7*7 with a barb count from .us 1 and growing at the speed of w41) you won't be able to keep constant queues and thus to get the largest troopcount possible you should build the slowest buildings possible (AKA smithy before HQ) to maximise your troopcount. I won't explain the entire thing, but know it is truth.
For the ODA:
[spoil]At this point I mass recruit axes. Now there are two things you can do, clear you 7x7, or let some other nublet do that then you clear him. Though, sometimes there is no one to clear the village around you, so you clear them. This will give you some ODA, which some players are in love with. Now begin working on the smithy so you can get rams and cats.[/spoil]
Keep LC constant, as it will be your major farming ability. Once you can do that, go ahead and make axes. ODA is not important, and the later you clear the better (because you will sustain fewer losses). Only clear smaller active players with small troopcount who are farming. Clearing active turtles is a bad move, though inactive tutrtles is OK.
Final beginning steps:
[spoil]Get about 10 rams and 10 cats. 10 rams should bring a wall down 3 levels, cat the farm, and just repeat until the player your attacking restarts. If you see no threats begin working on academy and troops. Work on axes, LC, etc.[/spoil]
Rams and cats are personal preference. Cats are more versatile, rams are more important. Don't make both.
Build you should have:
[spoil]Village Headquarters (Level 15)
Barracks (Level 10)
Stable (Level 6)
Smithy (Level 12)
Rally point (Level 1)
Statue (Level 1)
Market (Level 4/5)
Timber camp (Level 12)
Clay pit (Level 11)
Iron mine (Level 11)
Farm (Level 10)
Warehouse (Level 11/12)
Hiding place (Level 0)

I'd have a little more spears then most players, but that’s because I'm a D player. You should judge on you axe and LC amounts, it varies with areas.[/spoil]
Tell me how it us, it’s my first guide :icon_eek:.

Cheers,
Cuddles
Mines to high, hiding place is a good thing, so upgrade it, you need a wall. Farm should probbaly be slightly higher, some of the other levels need tweaking, but not a horrid build.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

A humble player said:
hiding place is a good thing, so upgrade it

I honestly hope your kidding.

A humble player said:
you need a wall.

Oops, forgot to add.

twenty-five said:
Not to mention seems to recommend going HQ/Rax prior to upgrading the pits to at least level 1, which is flat out silly to do all the time, some situations I believe it works out mathematically best however.

I guess I should have putt semi-core instead of core? I'm used to the pits already being rank 1.

twenty-five said:
You mention you stop building LC, why?

Not necessarily stop, but stop mass recruiting LC to focus on axes.

---

I may have a go at a guide that I didn't make in an hour. Possibly sometime during the summer.

A humble player

I can quote multiple rank one players saying they normally upgrade HP very quickly.

Oops, forgot to add.
phew

I guess I should have putt semi-core instead of core? I'm used to the pits already being rank 1.
Oh...well then this guide gets better, but still not good.
To stop mass recruiting means to stop constant queues, yes? If so, bad idea.
---

I may have a go at a guide that I didn't make in an hour. Possibly sometime during the summer.
work=success, so that might a good idea.

DeletedUser

To stop mass recruiting means to stop constant queues, yes? If so, bad idea..
I'm more of a ODA whore, I'd take an axe over some horses any day :lol:. But considering this isn't real life, your probably right. And I never said anything about stopping constant queues for LC, just in a lower fashion, therefore getting more axes.

twenty-five

HP is nice. Allows laziness, builds quick. Where's the flaw?

Then that changes a lot. :/

Meh, LC queue should be kept going from when it can be, as soon as it can be, making axes is good. The word focus however, is bad, it suggests you neglect something to get these axes, balancing is key.

If you are only gonna throw one together in an hour, why make it in the first place? :/

I'm more of a ODA whore, I'd take an axe over some horses any day :lol:. But considering this isn't real life, your probably right. And I never said anything about stopping constant queues for LC, just in a lower fashion, therefore getting more axes.

This leads to one problem I seem to think of in a lot of people's gameplay.

Having your queue queued up for 10 minutes, and every 10 minutes queueing it up for another 10 minutes is no different than queueing for 2 hours is a go, except it's actually more efficient.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

If you are only gonna throw one together in an hour, why make it in the first place? :/.

Simply because I had to get to a wedding earlier then expected, and decided it was good enough and click reply. Which clearly was a mistake.

DeletedUser

Of course Chrome has its bugs and you sometimes see this:
[spoil]
2z7egy1.jpg
[/spoil]

I've actually had that happen to me with opera twice since I upgraded it to the latest version.

Also , one thing that sticks out to me with your build is that the market could be level 0. Personally when I was ready to noble , my market was still at 0. But it all depends on if the resources you obtain from farming are balanced or not.

DeletedUser

You should never stop LC production, as long as you keep it going 24/7 then move to building and so.

DeletedUser

Also , one thing that sticks out to me with your build is that the market could be level 0. Personally when I was ready to noble , my market was still at 0. But it all depends on if the resources you obtain from farming are balanced or not.

Market during the startup is the best method of storing excess iron until you reach Lc. And even when you get Lc you'll need the market to trade your excess clay/wood for Iron to keep the Lc queued. There are many things this guide could be critcized for, and have been, but market upgrades isn't one of them.

DeletedUser

Pits first, always pits before HQ...at least to 1/1/1 (on non pally worlds, 3/1/1 and even 5/1/1 or 52/1 mines get you to 12 spears (the magic number) faster).

Ahem... When playing a pally world, the quickest way to barracks is this:
statue 1
iron 1
clay 1
timber 1
timber 2
timber 3
hq 2
hq 3
rax 1

well, unless the nearest barbarian is 10 hours away, that is.

Don't have time to calculate the quickest way to rax and 12 spears on a non-pally world right now :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser

I believe iron 1 before statue is quicker, could be wrong though.

DeletedUser

Market during the startup is the best method of storing excess iron until you reach Lc. And even when you get Lc you'll need the market to trade your excess clay/wood for Iron to keep the Lc queued. There are many things this guide could be critcized for, and have been, but market upgrades isn't one of them.

I just kept my iron mines a level or 2 above wood to solve the LC problem. You're right that the market build isn't a problem in his guide , it's just a random tidbit I noticed that differed from my playing style.

busamad

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
This is a very poor guide & should not be used at all.

Its about time some system was put in place to stop guides like this being posted as they do more harm than good.

DeletedUser

Its about time some system was put in place to stop guides like this being posted as they do more harm than good.

More harm than good? That was a rather stupid comment, don't you think? If a brand new player stumbled upon one of these guides, and only one, it would still be a lot better than none, right? Even if the guide isn't as good as many of the others in here, the newbie would still be able to learn quite a lot from this. Then he or she could move on, read more guides and learn other techniques.

DeletedUser

More harm than good? That was a rather stupid comment, don't you think? If a brand new player stumbled upon one of these guides, and only one, it would still be a lot better than none, right? Even if the guide isn't as good as many of the others in here, the newbie would still be able to learn quite a lot from this. Then he or she could move on, read more guides and learn other techniques.

Aside from being one of the quickest reads for a guide ever, it lacks a number of the fundamentals that are necessary for success.
Wouldn't you rather they stumbled upon one of the better ones, it's not like there aren't 5 of them on the first page here.

DeletedUser

*cough*

Thats why I'll be making a decent on later during the summer :icon_redface:.