State of the World?

DeletedUser

The world is dieing. The last church world I played on did not get to this point till 2 yrs in. (At least I was lead to believe it was that old)

The "rim" is already shrinking rapidly down to 4 continents. People are quitting left and right. Those who remain are becoming less and less active. Small players find themselves being eaten by players 5 or 6 times their size because those players are being eaten by players 10 times their size. Whole quarter continents are starting to go barb.

I thought it was the fault of the elite players and their social stigmas, but I think TW in general is dieing and anonymous isn't going to "raid" in force again so there isn't likely to be another surge in players to the game.

Is not dying, all the worlds are like that, after the first 6 months new players start falling and experienced/active ones start taking over. All continents start becoming more barb as time goes by, it's nothing new. I really dont get your point...

DeletedUser

Thats you personally, not punch ;) This is tribalwars, not playerwars(eventhough some players are worth the same as an entire tribe :p)

Hm, fair enough then. You may continue with your insulting. ^^

DeletedUser

Is not dying, all the worlds are like that, after the first 6 months new players start falling and experienced/active ones start taking over. All continents start becoming more barb as time goes by, it's nothing new. I really dont get your point...

Caathrok was talking of how this game has accelerated into what otherworlds have taken a couple of years to do.

'new players start falling'

No, they continue to fall/get better. That's a pretty broad generalization since I know quite a few players that got into top 20 at 4 mill on their first world.

'experienced/active ones'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since I generally do play start up, it is the most active stage of the game. More people are active during startup. So i don't see where you get your view of 'more active players after 6months'.

You also can't generalize experience for staying on past 6months to the ones that play up to 6months. A mid game player may have experience mid game but be terrible at start up or vice versa. That's like saying 'The best players on a world are the ones that get into top 40 in the first 3months'. It's just not true and in many cases, a lot of bad players are left after 6months as shown by many people conquer record. I'd say percentage of experience is about the same from startup - now. You just can't compare someone who does well in the first 6months to someone who does well after those 6months. It's like comparing a moth to a slug.

And it is new. This stage of players deleting/tribe hugging or merging a lot doesn't happen in 6months. It's developed fast.

Hope you get the point a little better now. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Yes I was generalizing, I cant be too specific. Of course there are exceptions, I do know players as well that succeed in their first world, but then again, I was generalizing, not all new players can get lucky. When I said "... active ones start taking over." I was referring to those that remain active. I believe I never said "more active players after the first 6 months". As I said (or wanted to say) before, in this stage you can start recognizing players that are experienced. But as you said, there are exceptions.

I also agree that this world is advancing much faster than others, if that is what that guy wanted to say then I agree with him.

DeletedUser

I also agree that this world is advancing much faster than others, if that is what that guy wanted to say then I agree with him.

I'm sure Caaathrok is female, may be mistaken though :icon_wink:

And it wasn't exactly what was said, but world was dying/progressed more. Same thing really.

When I said "... active ones start taking over." I was referring to those that remain active. I believe I never said "more active players after the first 6 months".

Many accounts are filled with others, so that is where he activity would come from. It takes a lot of will to stay on a world, so many accounts are whored around. You brought the first 6months into it when you said 'more active ones start taking over', Implying they take over from the first 6months of the world so a comparison to both seems appropriate.