STATEMENT FROM MINT.

DeletedUser115571

In the past week our toying on the forum in regards to HEIL MINT went overboard by NOMAD JIM starting to accuse it for having relation to some atrocities from the 1940s. The term HEIL MINT was coined by a named called BALDUR AKA GHOSTBUSTERS in world 75 because he felt I held my tribe with a fist of iron. He did however meant it in a good way. We all found it funny and we decided to use it while trolling the forums. It was never meant to cause any distress to any victims from the past. I would never have used the term if I thought it would be used in any nazy or fascist propaganda. It was simply a way to make fun on me, at my own expense. In the same way I sign mails with GOD has no other funktion to anything other that make a laugh. It does not mean i disrespect any religion as such.

When i got reported by NOMAD JIM for refusing to stop using HEIL MINT, but instead in a childish manner writing it about a 100 times in one post in response he reported me. In that moment I wanted to show him my middle finger. I can not do that ingame so I invited him to talks on skypes. I had no intentions to talk to him, but I had for the purpose of show my dislike for him so I changed my status by using the N word. That was a poor choice but in the heat of the moment it seemed like a good choice. At no time during the 5 second conversation until I removed him from my skype did I refer to any racial discriminaton. I simply used the N word in the same sence that famous rapsingers use the term when they talk among themselves, somewhat the same way as we use the term bitch.

Now this could have been the end of it, and no harm would have been done, but sine NOMAD JIM choose to change facts sligtly,, he failed to say that in regards to external, he reported my post of only using HEIL MINT, he changed to to that he reported it after some other player had started trolling him, which was after he had done the reporting. In any case. NOMAD JIM know I cancelled our NAP as I saw his reporting me on external as a breach of NAP, so he wrote every member in every larger tribe telling them that I was a rasist and a FASCIST and that I support such activities. Of course there is nowhere on externals seen that I support such actions in any way, but the seed is rooted in a lot of players. I most definately see it as a personal attack as my own daughter recieved this mail from him, My adopted daugter that is. She has nothing to do with night, is not near us on the map and is just playing the game her own way, and yes, since he pointed out that i support racial discrimination and supported fascist views, i saw that as an attack on me as a person.

I cannot undo the damaged caused by his mail, but I refuse to be painted out as a rasist and fascist by someone just to gain some points in a game.

and most of all, I want all to know, that i have no prejudism against any race, religion or other atttributes including sexulity even though I have attacks from a player in NOMADS TRIBE who is being internaled refering to me conducting homosexual activities. by renaming villages to texts I cannot use here without getting banned.

IF anyone besides NOMAD took offence from our external usage, i apologise, and noone from my tribe will use the external again during the rest of 89,

I ask kindly that this text is seen as a statement from my side and not as a discussion. I also ask a moderator to lock it, and in 3 days delete it as everyone it would concern then would have had the time to read it.

No one from @NIGHT will respond to this trhead, not matter whow fail to see it as an apology to anyone who might have taken it wrong
yours truly

MINT
AKA
MINTCREAM,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In the past week our trolling on the forum in regards to HEIL MINT went overboard by NOMAD JIM starting to accuse it for having relation to some atrocities from the 1940s. The term HEIL MINT was coined by a named called BALDUR AKA GHOSTBUSTERS in world 75 because he felt I held my tribe with a fist of iron. He did nowever meant it in a good way. We all found it funny and we decided to use it while trolling the forums. It was never meant to cause any distress to any victims from the past. In the same way I sign mails with GOD has no other funktion to anything other that make a laugh.

When i got reported by NOMAD JIM for refusing to stop using HEIL MINT, but instead trolling him by writing it about a 100 times he reported me. In that moment I wanted to show him my middle finger. I can not do that ingame so I invited him to talks on skypes. I had no intentions to talk to him, but I had for the purpose of trolling him changed my status by using the N word. That was a poor choice but in the heat of the moment it seemed like a good choice. At no time during the 5 second conversation until I removed him from my skype did I refer to any racial discriminaton. I simply used the N word in the same sence that famous rapsingers use the term when they talk among the same, somewhat the same way as we use the term bitch.

This is hypocritical on so so many levels. Trying to highlight yourself as the bigger guy here because of an insensitive mess you started in the first place?

The moment an inkling of it reaches your daughter you take it as a personal attack, but how about the other kids that play this game? How about those here who might have lost a relative during that time? Yea, right. It's completely okay to troll them with 'Heil' Mint? Nobody else but you (or your close band of cronies) gets a stupid laugh or high out of that and yes, we reserve the right to judge you on the basis of that.

Also despite getting reported about it numerous times, you went on about it and abused them instead. Now you expect everyone else to stop seeing you or judge you, based on your own stupid and offensive actions/decisions?

I wish your daughter the best of luck.

and most of all, I want all to know, that i have no prejudism against any race, religion or other attributes,

Yea, so basically, you are none of them things unless you are trolling someone - The thing you spend most of your day on or are pissed off. Awesome.

Now this could have been the end of it, and no harm would have been done,
So basically it's alright for you to abuse everyone and no harm is done in that. Got it. Again.

IF anyone besides NOMAD took offence from our external usage, i apologise, and noone from my tribe will use the external again during the rest of 89,

I ask kindly that this text is seen as a statement from my side and not as a discussion. I also ask a moderator to lock it, and in 3 days delete it as everyone it would concern then would have had the time to read it.

yours truly

MINT
AKA
MINTCREAM,
AKA
GOD

Thank you. Please don't. You can't say anything without being offensive, belittling anyone or contributing anything of substance in the first place.

Feel free to message me to find out my in-game name if you want to try and rim me now. More than welcome.

Also, I ask kindly that this text is seen as a statement from my side and not as a discussion. I also ask a moderator to not lock the thread, and never delete it as everyone it would concern then would have had the time to read it.

DeletedUser

I know this is not supposed to be a "response" thread but definitely respect the apology.

" I most definately see it as a personal attack as my own daughter recieved this mail from him, My adopted daugter that is. and yes, since he pointed out that i support racial discrimination and supported fascist views, i saw that as an attack on me as a person."

Hmm I definitely dont agree with this. I think anything in game should stay just that....in game. Any issues we have with each other should be corrected this way. Am sorry you had that happen to you. I think he probably did it out of anger but still not to my taste. While I dont agree with some things that happened in game/skype I do respect your apology so with that said thanks and good luck.

DeletedUser76277

Ok let us try to sort this out....

The reporting of threads does not matter now, but if it is still of importance I apologize for over reacting to the heils.

In terms of my in game response, calling someone onto skype just to abuse them and to use racially motivated (I accept you did not mean it in the context of the game) slurs just because I had a thread bocked, can not be right.

You were correct that I could not use the mods as they do not respond to skype messages. The decision to share what you said was not one I enjoyed. But I felt it was important for people to see how you were approaching other players.

I am however deeply sorry if this reached your daughter, I had no idea she was a member of @night and if I had known I would not have sent it. (in the same way that I suspect if you knew my daughter would read what you wrote you would not have sent it either).

I do not agree with the player that renamed their villages, and will be dealing with them. This has become unnecessarily personal and am happy to sort it out properly.

Jim

DeletedUser97716

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

DeletedUser93954

I am however deeply sorry if this reached your daughter, I had no idea she was a member of @night and if I had known I would not have sent it.
I thought she happened to see it not because she is in @Night, but because she either saw it on his computer screen or was forwarded the mail whilst elsewhere. If your daughter is indeed in @Night, then you honestly have no reason to even complain, as your tribe is one of the big tribes that have vulgarity and profanity and if that kind of thing upsets you, she sure as hell shouldn't be in @Night, or perhaps even on this world. This is coming from someone who enjoyed not only the thread that was locked, but the stupidity that had been exchanged between me and your tribe as well.

(Yeah, contrary to popular belief, despite demolishing a few villages to 144 points before they capped them, I don't actually hate @Night. I hate how massive their seemingly unfriendly egos are as well as their likeliness to backstab/betray people, but that's pretty much a part of the game nowadays)

DuteTare

How about we all stop being so butthurt over the usage of some words that meant something more than 5 decades ago? The swastika has been a symbol of peace for more than 12.000 years, and then someone came and turned it into a symbol of death for his own purposes. So what? You're gonna get butthurt everyone uses something for his own gains?

yeah, he likes saying Heil. So what? It's a greeting of respect, an exclamation. You think that before they used it in the ww2 people had no idea that that word actually existed? I'm pretty damn sure that everybody used it and nobody cried over it. Exactly like I'm pretty damn sure people keep using it nowadays in their personal conversation, without thinking about the WW2 period.

why so much fuss over a word? You people need to grow up a bit. Yeah people died, people suffered. Newsflash, people die and people suffer every day. Are you gonna go through every culture in this world, find a word or a symbol that hurts them and protest against it? If so, then I'm wrong, and you deserve my respect. If not, please shut up.

This a browser game. A GAME! Have you forgotten what "game" means? It's supposed to bring you happiness in your leisure time, relax you, take your mind of off daily matters, at least for a period of time.

Let them use "heil mint" as much as they want. It's their own choice. You don't like it, ignore it. There's hundreds of people playing on W89 and nobody suffered because of it. Maybe some actually suffered, but because of @night's members behaviour overall. But that's not my problem.
Deal with it, or let it go.

The moment you make it personal, it's the moment you should start questioning the reasons you're actually playing this game. You're not enjoying it anymore. You're just making a big fuss over nothing. You're messing with your own free time of leisure.
Spend it in another way mate. If people here hurt your beliefs, play on another world, find another game. 99% of the players on w89 don't give a crap what words they use in there. Don't drag other people into it. The fact that a child, innocent or not, had to read that mail, makes me worry about people in general. Think twice before doing something. Your actions have consequences. Are you really gonna mess with a person's real life, adult or child, just because you got butthurt over a GAME?
Yeah he used a "bad word", but he kept it here, in the virtual world. You made it personal, took it out there, in the real life. You're a good guy Jim, but Imma have to call you out on this one.

Mint apologized for it. Jim apologized for making it personal. So how about we call it a day and actually start playing Tribal Wars?

Professor Dumbledore

How about we all stop being so butthurt over the usage of some words that meant something more than 5 decades ago?

yeah, he likes saying Heil. So what? It's a greeting of respect, an exclamation.

why so much fuss over a word? You people need to grow up a bit. Yeah people died, people suffered.

Let them use "heil mint" as much as they want. It's their own choice.

The word might have originated 5 decades ago, but saluting and saying Heil is banned in certain Countries for a reason. Go to Germany and go say the word Heil and do the Nazi Salute and get slapped with a potential 6 month or a longer prison sentence. It is illegal to do in Austria, if you do it in Slovakia or even Czech Republic you can face up to five years in jail. In Switzerland and Sweden it's seen as a hate crime. Just because you don't see a problem with it doesn't mean it isn't a big deal to others.

So just because it has another less insulting meaning, and people die everyday you think it justifies the word or salute? Whilst we are at it, what is wrong with other Nazi slogans? I don't see any Germans have "Arbeit Macht Frei" above their desks at work of "Ein Volk, Ein Reich Ein Fuhrer".

Everyone's entitled to their opinion however unpleasant that may be, and they should also be able to air it without the possibility of being arrested. But it doesn't mean it's allowed, nor will it be reclaimed for it's old meaning. In this generation and in the next everyone knows the historical meaning of this word.

Hitler, Great Bloke! Voted for him last time, would vote for him again. At least he had things running on time ;)

Last edited:

DuteTare

The word might have originated 5 decades ago, but saluting and saying Heil is banned in certain Countries for a reason. Go to Germany and go say the word Heil and do the Nazi Salute and get slapped with a potential 6 month or a longer prison sentence. It is illegal to do in Austria, if you do it in Slovakia or even Czech Republic you can face up to five years in jail. In Switzerland and Sweden it's seen as a hate crime. Just because you don't see a problem with it doesn't mean it isn't a big deal to others.

So just because it has another less insulting meaning, and people die everyday you think it justifies the word or salute? Whilst we are at it, what is wrong with other Nazi slogans? I don't see any Germans have "Arbeit Macht Frei" above their desks at work of "Ein Volk, Ein Reich Ein Fuhrer".

Everyone's entitled to their opinion however unpleasant that may be, and they should also be able to air it without the possibility of being arrested. But it doesn't mean it's allowed, nor will it be reclaimed for it's old meaning. In this generation and in the next everyone knows the historical meaning of this word.

Hitler, Great Bloke! Voted for him last time, would vote for him again. At least he had things running on time ;)

don't put words into my mouth. I never said anything about the nazi ideology. I merely reffered to the word "heil", to the basic of its roots. If you wanna relation it with the nazi regime, have at it. It's illegal in those coutnries because of what has happened recently. Wait 1.000 years and give it another go. See if it's still illegal.
Go to Asia and say "Heil", see what happens.

It should be a big deal to everyone, only that not when playing TW. This is a game, and nothing else. Iyou're making a big deal out of a word because you want to.

At least Hitler created jobs for everyone. Kind of like Saruman tho.

DeletedUser

Damn I didn't know Nomad Jim hated children. It's one thing making Nazi jokes, it's another thing to attack children online.

I don't like this apology though. No one should apologize on this game. It's a game.

DeletedUser119769

to be honest the "heil" spam was annoying but I never thought it was racist. Hitler doesn't hold a trademark on the word Heil last time i checked.

DeletedUser

You dont think Heil Mint and the Master Race doesnt sound racist? Right....

I didnt report sh*t cause I think that is petty but it did have a racist undertone whether anyone wants to admit it or not. Now I dont think anyone who used it like that did not mean it in any type of mean way or anything but bottom line is it still takes that undertone. When you live in Germany and have seen the showers they locked the Jews into, pumped gas in, then burned the bodies you might look at it differently.

But like others have said. Its a game and words fly and sh*t happens. I thought it was annoying as well but not worth the time reporting. I just had hoped it would stop at some point. I give big props to Mint for apologizing as most people wouldnt have even done that. Anyways yeah back to TW.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yeah he was person of the year in 1938. thanks time magazine
Just means he was the most talked about person haha, being person of the year isn't a "good" or "bad" thing :p

I'll throw my two cents in, since everyone else seems to be. I don't find it racist in the slightest (coming from someone of German-Jewish descent, like that makes a difference anyway). Although, this is an international game. Not strictly an American game or Asian game. So while this IS just a game and you're free not to give a crap about offending anybody, you can't really complain if you get hit with a ban-hammer for saying something that is viewed as terrible in some cultures.

DeletedUser107233

I didnt find much wrong with it until someone silly added the Nazi soldiers etc.

I have played the game for 10 years which might make me a bit more immune to the perils of tw and what happens here.

Both parties have apologized and hopefully they can move on and become the talented tw players that they are, lets get back to having fun on the game that we love