Stats for Xaf

waterdrinker

Is that an accurate count or are you just guessing?

Barbs in the core are turned into defense for the frontline. We actually need defense because as you can see by our ODD, we do get attacked.

LIFE 59 1 4,400,207,722 1 2,265,704,470 1 2,134,503,252

torflek

Probably not, but it makes for a more dramatic ending.

From the last 7 days
Rank Tribe Conquered Villages
1 LIFE 3338

Come on we have already established we do not consider barbs / internals as worth talking about.
:icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Once again, we noble everything around us that is not blue. We are in this for the long haul and our enemies actually fight back so we dont leave gaps in our clusters.

Shame on the rest of the tribes for not banning together against #1 when they saw they inevitable coming. Guess they were just waiting in line for the next merge.

See this is why you shouldn't post on forums were you know nothing about it. No one 'banning together' (i guess you mean banding) because FxF have hated PTT and been at war with them for atleast 2 years. Since MP was around i think. And there was no one else they could merge with.

Also well done for nobling everything around you. However wouldn't the nobles be better spent nobling the enemy so they dont have a chance to fight back and long range noble into your clusters.

mordecairule

Probably not, but it makes for a more dramatic ending.

From the last 7 days
Rank Tribe Conquered Villages
1 LIFE 3338
The ending would have been the same. This way I get to go back to playing my Xbox instead of logging in to argue with people who should stay in their own World's forums.

waterdrinker

See this is why you shouldn't post on forums were you know nothing about it. No one 'banning together' (i guess you mean banding) because FxF have hated PTT and been at war with them for atleast 2 years. Since MP was around i think. And there was no one else they could merge with.

Also well done for nobling everything around you. However wouldn't the nobles be better spent nobling the enemy so they dont have a chance to fight back and long range noble into your clusters.

Thank you. You are the first person to post some actual history.

Yes. I could spend every noble on the frontline but then I would eventually run out of support troops to hold my borders.

Also, once I noble all the enemies out of a square then I have some nobles left over. Easiest thing to do with those orphans is send them at soft targets.

The ending would have been the same. This way I get to go back to playing my Xbox instead of logging in to argue with people who should stay in their own World's forums.

Hey, I'm bored and some of your tribe members have no idea how to support their side of an argument. I can't wait to hear what they have to say next!

Last edited:

torflek

Actually there is a ton of history available, in the form of maps and in threads. There's some biased one sided history views in the "W7 History and Truth" thread. the best account is on page 2, although I got bored and only took it up to the formation of -WE-.

Yes. I could spend every noble on the frontline but then I would eventually run out of support troops to hold my borders.
Yes you should. Oh and no you never run out of support troops. At least I haven't and I'm heavily weighted on nukes... why? Tribesmates and team play. Most of my villages on the old frontlines were protected by tribesmates not my own troops. If there's an effective support system there is no issue for defense, and allows some players to be upto 90% nukes.

Also, once I noble all the enemies out of a square then I have some nobles left over. Easiest thing to do with those orphans is send them at soft targets
Nope, murder them and there children and build new ones on the frontlines. This isn't like the old world 3 system where you would lose the coins / nobles in the village. You can rebuild them anywhere once rebuilt.

Hey, I'm bored and some of your tribe members have no idea how to support their side of an argument. I can't wait to hear what they have to say next!

Supporting an argument is only necessary when your opposition has common sense and enough knowledge to understand the arguements presented to him//her. In this case it really isn't worth our time.

DeletedUser

Also, once I noble all the enemies out of a square then I have some nobles left over. Easiest thing to do with those orphans is send them at soft targets.

Well you shouldn't run out of troops if as soon if you keep moving support up once the village it was in is not off the frontline. Or you get your tribe to help as im sure some of them will have villages 100's hours from the frontline and can use their support to help you move foward. However unless you have millions of spare coins then as torflek said, best to move them up the frontline and get some active use from them instead of just nobling stuff that is no threat to you.

giantsfrey

look, water, we get it. you're not good enough to eat through frontlines in war consistently (or even at all?), so you gobble barbs instead. this, i guess, is where our tribes differ, and you will just have to accept that. i'm sorry.

waterdrinker

Yes you should. Oh and no you never run out of support troops. At least I haven't and I'm heavily weighted on nukes... why? Tribesmates and team play. Most of my villages on the old frontlines were protected by tribesmates not my own troops. If there's an effective support system there is no issue for defense, and allows some players to be upto 90% nukes.

Well then your simmers on the backlines are going to be eating barbs to feed you. I prefer not to place that burden on my tribe when I can handle it myself. There are players in the tribe in worse positions that need the tribe support more.

Nope, murder them and there children and build new ones on the frontlines. This isn't like the old world 3 system where you would lose the coins / nobles in the village. You can rebuild them anywhere once rebuilt.

I wish. We have packets :(

giantsfrey

yeah, we don't listen to anything Tor says cuz he just sucks our D and makes logically flawed posts all the time :) but you still suck, w4!

waterdrinker

yeah, we don't listen to anything Tor says cuz he just sucks our D and makes logically flawed posts all the time :) but you still suck, w4!

Best post yet.

But yea I dont like to tell members of the tribe that their job is to be my support b*tch. Kinda takes the fun out of it for them.

In our system, once you make the noble, he is bound to that village until he is used.

waterdrinker

Yea, but that was my first world so I didn't know any differently.

DeletedUser37109

That really does suck.

And if you over noble yourself, you dont get the noble back. I had a rough experience when i took over Gath02 on w8 with 4m points. So used to sending 5 noble trains, that I was actually being extremely inefficient in my nobling. I got the hang of it after an awful embarrassing discussion on externals about my nobling skills. Although I was taking a ton of villages and grew to #4 rank and #2 ODA, i was cheating myself.

However, this is why packet worlds spam barbarian ennoblements... since they cant simply retrain or kill off nobles, they either have to train another noble from the same village to have a complete train, or noble with three nobles, then two, then one which makes barbs or internals the prime target for weak noble villages.

However, that being said, just train another goddamn noble and leave them alone. I dont think w4's system of barb nobling is necessarily bad playing, i think its the most effective way to deal with the world settings... which makes your world suck

giantsfrey

still, it should be about nobling enemies. i played ... w26 i think it was, for a while, and it had the same packet system where you lose the noble if you noble yourself or other villages multiple times, etc. it sucked, but there were ways to work around it... make your 5th noble with 100 LC and your 4th noble with 50 axe, for instance, and you can even use the 5-noble train without ill effect. it would get tricky if you were using nuke-nobles on active enemies, or if an enemy pre-noble his village on you and you'd end up screwing yourself bigtime, but it was part of the fun. anyways, the main point: we weren't barb-whores just because of the slight risk of losing nobles if you're going after real enemies. that would be bullshit--we fought enemies, and made fun of barb simmers, all the same