Steve34cks Vindicates HOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

junkmonger

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
With the recent breakup of TW and the global war now moving into a new phase, I started thinking about the beginning of this war. As some may recall, TW declared war on HOT as (in their view) a pre-emptive move. They head (correctly) thought that HOT was about to declare war on them. In actual fact, HOT was fairly upset at the treatment they had received at the hands of their closest ally and decided that it was time to change the order of things.

As some may recall, the ensuing declaration caused a considerable flap among HOT's old guard and HOT's loyalists. Given the turn of events lately, it appears that the loyalists were right in placing their faith in Steve34cks. I for one would like to say thank you. Although our ranks are considerably diminished from our peak, all other tribes and families can say the same. This is not his fault any more than many players getting tired of the game.

Of the many things that improved under his stewardship, I have seen the following.

1) Considerably less focus on politics and more focus on playing the game.
2) Collecting a group of players that enjoy working together rather.
3) Recruiting several old guard and experienced players that had originally left.
4) HOT has stayed the course in the war when others predicted that we wouldn't stay more than a couple of months.

and...most importantly...

5) HOT has not had a major public blowout in over 9 months :icon_wink:.

DeletedUser

Yea it's great to see, i remember when it all started, most of the people who posted in that thread were so mislead it was almost pointless to put them right with words.

Well done :)

DeletedUser

I think "Holy order of Terror" is a more appropriate name, right now :).

DeletedUser

well done steve .
im glad to fight by your side any time

DeletedUser

Alot of people wouldn't agree. HOT is and will always be a tribe that only joins a war, if they know other tribes will outnumber the enemy. Doesn't matter who exactly the duke is, Col done it, Jester did on W1. and Of course Bishop.
HOT will never stand on their own two feet, and fight an enemy of equal size, and now it is too late to even amend.

junkmonger

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Alot of people wouldn't agree. HOT is and will always be a tribe that only joins a war, if they know other tribes will outnumber the enemy. Doesn't matter who exactly the duke is, Col done it, Jester did on W1. and Of course Bishop.
HOT will never stand on their own two feet, and fight an enemy of equal size, and now it is too late to even amend.

Excuse me...but we just did. TW was larger than the full alliance combined. Although, we didn't declare war, I think most would agree that we held our own.

I don't think what Jester, CoVa or Bishop (with no disrespect intended) had done has any bearing on how HOT is being administered today.

On our side, I can swear to you that the subject of exiting this war never occurred to us even once. Even in the beginning when we lost a number of players defecting to TW.

Last edited:

Scholesy2005

Steve has always been a good guy, me and him have been friends since before i had any power in TW, we talked regularly and to this day are really good friends. He isn't a fool :)

DeletedUser

Excuse me...but we just did. TW was larger than the full alliance combined. Although, we didn't declare war, I think most would agree that we held our own.

I don't think what Jester, CoVa or Bishop (with no disrespect intended) had done has any bearing on how HOT is being administered today.

Good point, but you wasn't at war, technically. However the turning point would of been where TW was focusing on Aten and HOT simply switch targets. I am indicating HOT as a whole, not a Duke. They have and always will be on the side that has more villas/members etc than the other side.

Maybe a reason why he did not want the 'Saints' re-emerging those months ago. So they just switched to TW. But most of us out-lookers will never know the full story.

junkmonger

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
As for not being at war, technically...TW publicly declared their intentions on this forum. There wasn't any technically about it.

I can't comment on the Saints breakaway as I wasn't party to the conversations. However, on the other side, when was TW not on the side that had more players/villages/etc? I don't see HOT as being any dirtier than anyone else in that regard.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Shame on you Junk! Are you forgetting MPX v Hot and MPX v Saints and the epic MPX v Barbie? I'm almost certain MPX was the underdog each time.

But big congrats to Steve and all the hotties for sticking with it through a really rough patch and turning out some fantastic results in recent weeks :)

Last edited by a moderator:

junkmonger

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
True...I got a little carried away there. The barbie war, I understand, was especially vicious with their dirty tactics of using fish and cows. Also, there was ATEN vs RUM and ATEN vs TW.

HOTties??? I don't know if I can judge...steve and schnapi aren't really my types.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

True...I got a little carried away there. The barbie war, I understand, was especially vicious with their dirty tactics of using fish and cows. Also, there was ATEN vs RUM and ATEN vs TW.

HOTties??? I don't know if I can judge...steve and schnapi aren't really my types.

i spend days and nights just thinking about james & red, whats wrong with ya man? you have no taste!

DeletedUser

Steve finally turned Hot into a tribe I wouldn`t be ashamed to be in. True, they lost the saints and they lost SW, but it shows how faithful those players were. It`s funny that those players left TW too lol.

DeletedUser

MPX vs Saints was a great war, seems the underdogs always end up victorious =P

The Saints breakaway can be looked at two ways, we was either unloyal and cowardly or it was because we wanted to bring Saints back and stop being in a family tribe. Personally i believe it was because the leaders were scared but thats my opinion =P i only stayed in the tribe for friends. We all know what happened to Saints in the end anyway ;) it benefited MPX a lot and TW but most the original members dont even play anymore. Feels like me, zrionhil and jakka are the last active ones =P

But yea back on topic great work Steve and well done with HOT! With the huge downfall HOT had to start with who would have thought HOT would still be here and kicking ass!

cooled ice

all it took was me quitting lol....i should have quit earlier so HOT wouldnt have had bad luck in the beginning lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.