Stolen hearts; Broken treasures.

DeletedUser

Well... Where to begin... For those of you who don't care and just want the jist of this thread:

Quick Version:

I'm leaving, and yes this time I actually am.

Long Version (Wow... Didn't realize how much I actually wrote :icon_neutral: Feel free to browse or skip it.):
[SPOIL]It started when I fell in love with a friend of mine. We were friends for years, but nothing happened because of this other stuff, and you know how it is... Well anyway, she grew quite tired of the competition she had. A certain lover of mine called Tribal Wars. I won't go into details, but essentially, I was a douche (I'm sure your all very surprised to hear it), and she started to wonder if tribal wars was more important to me than her. The worst part to me, was I was starting to wonder if it is too, and what that means for me and her, my future and everything. I've seen some people who have thrown it all away for tribal wars, their wife, family, friends, I told myself I would never do that, of course if I had to I could quit, but when it came around...

I've played this game for awhile now, and of course it's gotten harder and harder to quit the long I have played. I've made so many friends here, and been vastly more successful than i ever have been in my RL. Who's ever been top 20 or rank 1 of the real world? My writing was very successful here, where I have failed to make it successful in the real world. I've never had a blog before, let alone one read and given so many good reviews. Never touched graphics before, but I got many people asking how I did it, saying that they really liked them. Being considered one of the better, or even the best, PnPer on a world (not that I was, but some considered me as such).

It's kind of hard to leave that success and go back to reality. To the low paid job around the corner, working all hours for next to nothing. Going from a top 60 - 1 of several worlds, back to a rank 6.000.000.000 of the real world. I've lost alot of friends I used to have because of tribal wars. I used to be out partying 2 - 3 times a week. Now I'm out partying 2 - 3 times a year. My social network used to be in the hundreds. Now I think i can count everyone I'm still in contact with on my fingers. And now I have this person who has stuck by me, and it's not fair on her that she should have to deal with my new isolated lifestyle.

So... I'm quitting. I know you see people drop off all the time from tribal wars, and it's not that big of a deal, but it's a rather big thing for me. It's as if I were to say; "Ohai. I'm a 2 pack a day smoker of 40 years, but I'm quitting now."

It's been a blast. World 43 was by far my favorite world. Perhaps you actually might like to know (or not, but you can sit down, shaddap and listen anyway :icon_wink:) my history with this world.

I started SW in the core playing solo. Somehow I started talking to the duke of CFC, it actually wasn't a mass recruitment thing, we were just talking for some reason. Boredom start-up mails, you know how it is. Then I ended up talking to a baron of CFC, and we actually become good friends, he was my sig maker for the first rotating sigs I had. So i messed around in CFC for a bit, somehow was given duke, and just told everyone to attack LYCANS. :icon_biggrin: then got bored, and quit. But I did account hop on this world something shocking. I actually gifted my village to a mate of mine, and he asked me not long after if I wanted to co-play him, to keep playing the world. I didn't have much else going on at the time, so I did. O Captain My Captain was my first account in FRST, some of you may remember it (or not). We messed around nobling randoms for a bit, then he unfortunately had to quit due to RL problems, so I continued to play solo.

We then had the KKnD war. I was too far to really do much, but I did noble an internal and two barbs near the front to try and get closer. So with my one 9K village, and two 2K barbs, I did manage to take a KKnD village, I think i took two but I cant remember. It was then I received my first example of FRST support. I put out a request for a little bit of extra if anyone had any laying around, as I only had about 1K sp/sw there, easily clearable by a nuke. Next thing I know, I have about 12K sp/sw and about 1.5K HC sitting in the village, within hours. Which at that early stage of the game, was a decent amount. I had a few re-cap attempts, but KKnD were low on offense (as usual :icon_wink:) so the semi-nukes of like 1-3K did very little. As soon as my support arrived from my main cluster, sent the D back, and it was used to stack another village. It was my first, real example of how a tribe should work. Not only sending D to a member, anyone can do that, but being able to move it around quickly and efficiently. FRST's stacks were never in one place for long, which is why they mounted such good wars. You never know where you might hit a stack, the only thing you can be sure, is you are going to hit one. :icon_wink:

After KKnD, I had some family problems. The kind where you knock out your father and are homeless for a month or two. I logged on in the library, and set chocolate bear as my sitter, and the account was internalled, at about 17 villages, and i think it was 120K or so. So that was the end of the O Captain account.

A little while later I returned home, and had the internet back. I logged onto skype and began chatting with my old FRST buddies. One of them, pepe585, was low in points, and the tribe, and asked if I could help him out co-playing. So I did, I took up that account at around 150K I believe. I thought it was kind of funny that it was the same size pretty much as the one I had originally left, It actually had less villages, 15. So I played with pepe for quite awhile actually. We went from 15 villages to 45, we were sidelined for CoD and ICARUS events. But we were front-line for BORED!. Well. If you call it front-line, front-line for FRST, but we were wedged behind LighT. Did a little skirmishing, took a couple, but that was about it. I had another family problem, I don't really like to talk about my RL issues too much, they aren't an excuse and I don't usually bring it up, but seeing as this is my last post, what the hell. So I had to quit.

Long story short (kind of) I came back later to co-play drathv. No, not darthv, drathv :icon_razz:. We never really did much, took the account at about 50 villages or so I think, got it to about 100, and he quit, so... It was a pretty bad account, positioned awfully, right in the core of the tribe. So... I internalled it, seeing as drathv was gone, and i started co-playing TriaI, who was about... 600-700K at the time, and it has been the account I have played ever since. I quit it at about 1.6mil. We got about 40 caps or so off WMD, with no losses, but that was about the only "war" we had together. Supposedly I/TriaI was a main target, but we never lost a village, barely even had any nukes/nobles sent at us. Some scouts, but when they saw we were active, had some stacks in place and were moving D, and responding offensively, we never heard from them again. :icon_biggrin: I guess we can feel good about our 400% offensive success or whatever. :icon_razz:

I really wish I could be here for the FRST/Nuts! war. It really feels like watching the entire footy season, watching your favorite team win all the way, to miss them in the grand finale. :icon_sad:

But it's how it is. +1 if you had the patience to read all that, I was just off in my own world rambling. Anywho.[/SPOIL]

Teh shoutouts:

Tria: I <3 you tria. You were the best co-player and friend. I hope we can keep in touch, I'll message you. :)

d daddy/hax0r: You were the worst co-play I ever played with. :icon_biggrin: Always getting me/you drunk and forgetting we had incomings, getting our only noble cleared, suiciding on turtles, so drunk you catapulted the statue instead of rally point, nearly getting us back-timed :icon_biggrin: etc. But we had alot of fun.

Jimmeh: Teh jimmeh. My co AAA conspirator. Shame that war never happened, we worked hard. Well... For aussies. :icon_razz: But your from Victoria, and i'm from NSW. And as we all know, NSW > Vic.

James/Scott: For putting up with my shenanigans over the last year or so. :icon_wink:

Everyone in FRST: For being part of the best tribe on .net :icon_wink:

eLe: For not infracting me much. :icon_redface: <3

If I didn't give you a shout-out, it means... I... love you too much, you don't need one. :icon_redface:

So this is the last post I'm allowed to am going to make. I will be around for the next 40 minutes or so, to say goodbye and tie up some loose ends if you wish to talk to me. PM me for my RL skype, or facebook, msn and etc if you want to keep in touch or think I <3 you enough. :icon_razz: I will be dropping all my tribal wars contacts, forum accounts, in-game, skype, etc. (If you try to get me to play again, my gf will killz you by the way. :icon_wink: the petition... Didn't work, i messed up again. :icon_redface:)

At least now I can post the war stat I've always wanted:

harbitw.gif

:icon_cool:

So I think that about sums it up. Time to go back to kansas, we can't stay in wonderland forever. Peace. War. <3

(I realize this will be flamed, but i really don't care. :icon_wink:)

Edit: This thread is actually 1700 words. :icon_cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

HorseSoldier

Good on you for ridding your life of this stupid, time-consuming game. As both a smoker and tw player I must say I envy you. :p
Take care of yourself man and stay in school. :)

DeletedUser

i think it's safe to say we got vetoed:

Signatures so far: 68
[SPOIL]homelessjimmy
hax0r
DJ-slapHead/Technology
danybabes
Murph/HitByCar is a noob
Transendent
Tesendence
.cloud.strife
.FOX.
happledapple27
Msane001
OTDSleepAwaits
BornToBeFamous
Gears_of_war
Blind Iron Maiden
Dream_Muse
Donzie
TehDarkJimmy
Kull The Conqurer
Missy Dark Kitty
dirtyc
BigYeti
froggy
langile
ray661
Morpheon
Dirty Trick
MissKittieCat
somnathroy
CheesePenguins
duhrigs
Osirus-tiLung
Jehosophat
SporeFTW2
TriaI
shreyman
eLeMeNOhPi
Nima Unknown
Dyslexia-Unetid
AoA Hellfire
DA HAT
kingjohan
bobble611
Sir Warper
Rowmaster
Explicit Content
marcotje
the distructor
slingzaar
The Jacal
Audience of One
maureen bacolong
Cazzman420
oxxa
ThorBolt
DelBorgo
erictheking07
xhonxhon
Genduts
PrimeAbuse
davetheboss
wozzicus
skerlie 1
jherrera
geruel
The Zodiac Killer
CuThroat
The Dark Beast
lewus[/SPOIL]

have fun out in the real world, i have heard it's a blast :p

DeletedUser

Must have took you some time to wrote this :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

d daddy/hax0r: You were the worst co-play I ever played with. Always getting me/you drunk and forgetting we had incomings, getting our only noble cleared, suiciding on turtles, so drunk you catapulted the statue instead of rally point, nearly getting us back-timed etc. But we had alot of fun.

It was fun, Tell kala she's mean. It was you that got me drunk though :lol:

The turtle was funny also, The rest of the problems we had i'll blame on you, It was you that kept me awake until 5-6am drinking/talking crap/spamming/picking on WNO1 on skype so not my fault lol and gl with leaving the game mate and catch you on skype when your around (beer)(wave)

DeletedUser

i think it's safe to say we got vetoed:

Signatures so far: 68
[SPOIL]homelessjimmy
hax0r
DJ-slapHead/Technology
danybabes
Murph/HitByCar is a noob
Transendent
Tesendence
.cloud.strife
.FOX.
happledapple27
Msane001
OTDSleepAwaits
BornToBeFamous
Gears_of_war
Blind Iron Maiden
Dream_Muse
Donzie
TehDarkJimmy
Kull The Conqurer
Missy Dark Kitty
dirtyc
BigYeti
froggy
langile
ray661
Morpheon
Dirty Trick
MissKittieCat
somnathroy
CheesePenguins
duhrigs
Osirus-tiLung
Jehosophat
SporeFTW2
TriaI
shreyman
eLeMeNOhPi
Nima Unknown
Dyslexia-Unetid
AoA Hellfire
DA HAT
kingjohan
bobble611
Sir Warper
Rowmaster
Explicit Content
marcotje
the distructor
slingzaar
The Jacal
Audience of One
maureen bacolong
Cazzman420
oxxa
ThorBolt
DelBorgo
erictheking07
xhonxhon
Genduts
PrimeAbuse
davetheboss
wozzicus
skerlie 1
jherrera
geruel
The Zodiac Killer
CuThroat
The Dark Beast
lewus[/SPOIL]

have fun out in the real world, i have heard it's a blast :p

Made me LOL Good luck buddy, there is a whole world out of tribal wars :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser88324

harb, i am sure you feel 100% sure this is the best for you life.. always RL before a game! and let me tell you I understand you alot! I am getting to the same point. Had alot of fun reading your entertaining posts! Good luck, and God Bless!

DeletedUser

harb, i am sure you feel 100% sure this is the best for you life.. always RL before a game! and let me tell you I understand you alot! I am getting to the same point. Had alot of fun reading your entertaining posts! Good luck, and God Bless!

Awwww the Jacal has feeling for you :icon_biggrin: mmmm. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Dont change game, change girl! What do u have in real life!? Real life sucks!

Here i have 200 villages and 2 players who are my slaves and minions!

In real life i have boss who scream on me! And my GF is fat and ugly! I say to hell with RL!