Stopping Players Restart

DeletedUser

When will TW staff stop people restarting on world 10, I'm sure once they implement it about 20 players will be rimmed the week after and lets be honest, nobody who restarts on the rim now will pose any threat to winning this world at all we could just do with eliminating all the smaller players and getting a more real idea of how many players are left in this world.

I did see a post somewhere, a while back, saying roughly when these things will happen, I couldn't find it but I'm pretty sure we are owed this by now :)

DeletedUser

Why'd you be bothered if they don't pose any threat at all?

DeletedUser

Why'd you be bothered if they don't pose any threat at all?

Slowing down the end of the world, lets be honest nobody really enjoys the game any more. Just need to rim them and get rid of them instead of them restarting over and over again.

DeletedUser

Some of us do enjoy the game yet.
If you dont...just quit whatever account you are currently hiding on and dont restart.

The rest of us will welcome the fact you are no longer causing trouble ;)

DeletedUser

Some of us do enjoy the game yet.
If you dont...just quit whatever account you are currently hiding on and dont restart.

The rest of us will welcome the fact you are no longer causing trouble ;)

I'm not hiding, anyone who reads this forum knows who I am. It's not exactly "causing trouble" when I'm posting this am I? Lets be honest whats the point in allowing players to start over when they get rimmed? They wont do anything it's just more pointless small villages pissing people off.

DeletedUser

We know what account you are currently on...and we know what account you were last on, and on before that.

Funny thing though, none of those ever went grey although they go seriously inactive.

More interesting is how they suddenly sprout back to aggression once another gets decimated.

DeletedUser

Slowing down the end of the world, lets be honest nobody really enjoys the game any more. Just need to rim them and get rid of them instead of them restarting over and over again.
This world isn't going to end in 2011, just way to many points going on and way to many inactives.
So have fun playing for atleast 9 more months! :lol:

DeletedUser

We know what account you are currently on...and we know what account you were last on, and on before that.

Funny thing though, none of those ever went grey although they go seriously inactive.

More interesting is how they suddenly sprout back to aggression once another gets decimated.

I have only ever played one account so I don't know who you think I am or if you're just making something up because you don't have a clue, but I'm not hiding. Sean5500 is who I am, I have played world 1, 5, 8 and 24. On world 10 I have only played one account and it has't been decimated whilst I've been in control of it and it doesn't "sprout back to aggression" its a constantly growing account. So you don't have a clue who I am.

This world isn't going to end in 2011, just way to many points going on and way to many inactives.
So have fun playing for atleast 9 more months! :lol:

I don't mind too much, but it'd just make sense to stop players starting over on this world. If we did that we'd lose about 20 players in the first week or so and would just speed up the end of the world.

DeletedUser

I have only ever played one account so I don't know who you think I am or if you're just making something up because you don't have a clue, but I'm not hiding. Sean5500 is who I am, I have played world 1, 5, 8 and 24. On world 10 I have only played one account and it has't been decimated whilst I've been in control of it and it doesn't "sprout back to aggression" its a constantly growing account. So you don't have a clue who I am.

I don't mind too much, but it'd just make sense to stop players starting over on this world. If we did that we'd lose about 20 players in the first week or so and would just speed up the end of the world.
Wouldn't speed up anything, since the end of the world isn't based on the amount of players, but on the dominance of 1 tribe.. which was set at about 90% of the total villages..
So well.. goodluck :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Wouldn't speed up anything, since the end of the world isn't based on the amount of players, but on the dominance of 1 tribe.. which was set at about 90% of the total villages..
So well.. goodluck :icon_rolleyes:

think about it this way, players get rimmed, then they restart, when they restart they have another village and they have to be re-rimmed, if they were just rimmed and knocked out the game it would be much faster and would make it worth attacking those players that are 500k or less in points.

The end world phase, I was once told, starts with the closing of the world at about 1000 players (this has since changed with much newer worlds closing earlier) and then later on players cannot restart (I was told at about 200 players left)

I don't see an argument from the other side saying we should let players restart, because, why should we?

DeletedUser

think about it this way, players get rimmed, then they restart, when they restart they have another village and they have to be re-rimmed, if they were just rimmed and knocked out the game it would be much faster and would make it worth attacking those players that are 500k or less in points.

The end world phase, I was once told, starts with the closing of the world at about 1000 players (this has since changed with much newer worlds closing earlier) and then later on players cannot restart (I was told at about 200 players left)

I don't see an argument from the other side saying we should let players restart, because, why should we?
Makes no sense...
I'll say it again for you; the end of the world isn't based by the amount of people still restarting..

DeletedUser

Makes no sense...
I'll say it again for you; the end of the world isn't based by the amount of people still restarting..

It's on the percentage of dominated villages, you said.. but is there are players restarting every other week it will just increase the number of villages needed to be dominated..

You also missed my main point, I guess you missed it on purpose:

"I don't see an argument from the other side saying 'we should let players restart', because, why should we?" To summarize, there are stages in closing the world and nobody wants players starting over on the rim this late in the world.

DeletedUser

i can that i agree with sean5500.:(
the world have start to be bored and i think the most of us we want to see less and less players in this world.
but this is no our problem the problem is the sitting for a long time.:(

DeletedUser

It's on the percentage of dominated villages, you said.. but is there are players restarting every other week it will just increase the number of villages needed to be dominated..

You also missed my main point, I guess you missed it on purpose:

"I don't see an argument from the other side saying 'we should let players restart', because, why should we?" To summarize, there are stages in closing the world and nobody wants players starting over on the rim this late in the world.
10 Villages on a total of what? Like 100k villages.. that's gonna change things a lot..
And well if they want to restart, why be bothered? Just let them waste their time again and let them build of just to rim them again if needed

DeletedUser

thank you for agreeing with me CUCLOP.

10 Villages on a total of what? Like 100k villages.. that's gonna change things a lot..
And well if they want to restart, why be bothered? Just let them waste their time again and let them build of just to rim them again if needed

it's also the morale and really does slow down the end of the world by players who wont make a difference.

It is also the stage in the world, like a milestone, every world has had it before it has closed and I think it is now our turn to have it.

We have 163 players left, 8 of those have one village, 8 others have less than 50 villages, to go from 163 players to 147 in a few days is a big jump, because it would only take a few days to rim all of those players and get rid of them. It's just not worth doing right now, and plenty more smaller players would follow too and the numbers would drop quicker at first.