Strategies in use

DeletedUser

Hey guys, i see this forum is as dead so maybe let's bring up some good discussion that we haven't had in quite some time. Please leave tribal opinions and flaming your enemies out of this

So about this topic, i was wondering what kind of strategies many tribes and players are using nowadays.

Are you still planning large wide ops to hit within a certain time frame; are you nuking your oponents ski high and then nobling the vills you know are clear and try to take them; are people still sniping or do they just stack ski high (maybe both); are you targeting certain player clusters to rid them from the area thus that player is widely unhelpful to the tribe cause nobles need over 200 hours and can be seen easily...

This can go on for a while which is why i will let you guys add your input :)

Also many of you probably have ideas on certain strategies that you think your tribe could use or try out, maybe discuss them here too?

Nocnoidozor

BA knows only of one strategy and that is BRUTAL FORCE......

:D

DeletedUser

I imagine that this thread would be quieter than the others almost exclusively due to its nature. Whom would discuss tactics outside of a private discussion, while engaged in a widespread dispute with those who would most certainly read up on those same strategies and thus have a better idea of what the minds of their opponents are thinking. Thankfully though, I'm stupid like that. ^_^

Strategies eh?

Well, I think of strategies from the simplest things, such as resource distribution all the way up to large scale attacks and defenses, so we're going to have to focus the discussion, such as it is, a little more. I'll run off the tangent that Crazychamps started for now.

Are you still planning large wide ops to hit within a certain time frame?
This is a tactic that I personally like to use, I like to send large amounts of fakes timed to land roughly at the same time that my true attacks land, so as to dilute the ability to correctly identify real threats.

Are you nuking your opponents ski high and then nobling the villages you know are clear and try to take them?
Honestly, I find this strategy to be often nicely straightforward, but ultimately stupid. Mass bombarding of your opponent, who is receiving appropriate tribal support is a recipe for lots of dead nukes and little physical gain, aside from the ODD being gifted to those targeted.

Are you targeting certain player clusters to rid them from the area, thus that player is widely unhelpful to the tribe, cause nobles need over 200 hours, and can be seen easily?
This idea is a fairly good one, but can prove challenging as those players who have only a few villages in the area will unvariably have them stacked, and very well defended. Remove all but a few of the villages and the defense concentrates more, etc... So, I suppose it ultimately depends on personal taste, and how much of a threat that individual poses, afterall, they will not be able to make a vast an unrecoverable attack with so few villages.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I imagine that this thread would be quieter than the others almost exclusively due to its nature. Whom would discuss tactics outside of a private discussion, while engaged in a widespread dispute with those who would most certainly read up on those same strategies and thus have a better idea of what the minds of their opponents are thinking. Thankfully though, I'm stupid like that. ^_^

Being honest i knew someone would bring that up and am thankful you did. Reason why i made this is not to learn how your enemy operates ... cause if tribe leaders are smart they should of already figured it out since the start of the war. I just made this for a discussion between people who think which tactic is most effective and maybe someone has a tactic which nobody has heard of but they have been rejected by their leaders or not even discussed it :) but that for the post

Now to the actual ontopic

I believe not many still use the tactic of landing during a time frame, and i have not seen a wide tribal op in quite abit, but i do know that many players are targeting together certain players and landing their attacks within certain times.
This is beneficial due to it distracting the enemy as you said with fakes and also that is makes them have to either chose villages to stack or scatter their defense everywhere and wish for the best.

The mass nuking of enemy kind of goes with removing a specific player. Yes it is stupid and i fully agree with your statement but think if it was a cluster within your lines, if you nuke it like crazy and get rid of it, dont you free up more defense for frontlines?

Now targeting specific player,

what you said is also right in certain cases, but look at it the way i do. A player with a few vills can build nobles there. Nuke from miles away where he is without any threat then noble up close and support up close till nobles arrive from far away. But if you take that player out (yes it will cost nukes, but you will have totake them out at some point in time) he wont have a base. And imagine that player were you. Are you bothered to spend another month trying to make up a base on the frontlines especialy with the previous one failing?

DeletedUser

I imagine that you'd be obligated to do so actually. How else would you represent your effort in the ongoing conflict if not by attacking, and nobling, the opposition? When I spoke of the potential stupidity of attempting to remove a select few, possibly heavily stacked, villages of an enemy otherwise located upwards of a hundred hours away, I was doing so under the impression that they were not necessarily isolated in their location. If say, a player had five or so villages located on a receding front line, yes, they would become isolated after a time, and would certainly cause defense to be focused in a circular pattern, logically, around the villages in question; and in that situation I would consider the expense of taking them. However, if that same players villages are to be found amongst, or near, villages of their allies, then clearing them would not be an intelligent decision, as although it would help, during the down time between clearing 'them' and recovering, everyone else in the area could jump on the poor retaliation abilities of the opponent; thus gaining an edge, and the original purpose of the clearing fails because more villages were lost in the long run.

Timing attacks to land in a coordinated period of time is a central concept of mine when designing tactics. I can't really think of an effective strategy that would not involve timing; as otherwise an opponent would be able to simply relocate amongst themselves to fend off incoming. Thus being able to concentrate considerably better in their defense. It also makes managing the incoming easier overall.

Honestly, I think that having a cluster of an enemy, potentially deep within ones own lines, can be a good thing at times. Consider the amount of defense necessary to keep those villages alive? You'd need 8+ full defensive villages for every single village to give them a practical chance of surviving; and that is defense that 'you' will not be able to have available for when 'you' need it. It goes both ways; and, as before, I think it would come down to whom the individual is that owns the villages in question. Also, one wouldn't really need to defend the area around such a cluster with heavy defense. The incoming defensive support from a long distance off would tip off anyone in the area that they'll fall under attack soon, and with no nukes coming before hand the only obvious location would be the cluster in the middle. Alternatively, if defense was to be supplied, as well as nobling and clearing attacks from within the cluster, then the amount of defense that would be available would be severely restricted, and ultimately wouldn't be that hard to clean out, after the loss of only a few villages. All in all, I think that such a cluster would be more of a drain on whomever owns the cluster, than on anyone in the area itself.

DeletedUser

the strategy at this point in the world is to make playing the game not fun for people and making them quit. The size of most players and the amount of in actives and barbs behind the front lines means it will be impossible to "rim" most people anymore. You take 30 villages off a guy with 500+ he can just use those nobles on the backlines to regain the villages and then counter attack back to the front.

after playing this game for this long some people just need that little nudge into retirement, and sometimes all they need is to have to label 4-5000 attacks for three or four weeks and then get catted in villages they are dodging.

DeletedUser

Yes, that tactic does work I suppose; similiarly, so do the banning wars that were going on not too long ago, maybe they still are, I haven't heard of anything serious recently. The fact of the matter is that to those who look there are alternative ways of fighting not inhibited by the rules, and flat out making your opponent want to, and maybe even, quit by a compilation of tactics such as seiging them for extended periods of time, which, in and of itself isn't really a bad thing when receiving adequete tribal support; banning tactics, even petty ones, like reporting someone because a perceived or justified discrection in their village naming convention, which if not immediately and seriously offensive than I don't see the problem with; general harrassment permitted by TW; and any number of other varieties of attack, outside of the more traditional, 'send attack'.

As for my personal opinion upon such tactics; I say that you are a terrible person, and an even more terrible player in doing so. Are you truly so petty, or desperate, that you would resort to, what I can only think to call, terror tactics? Call me chivalrous or a sterile ass, but when I engage in virtual warfare I do not do so with the intent to take advantage of loopholes in the system. This reminds me of playing Starcraft and finding that suddenly a player is 'conicidentally' dropped from the game, when they are fairing well. "Oops." says the first person to reply, "I guess their connection was poor, oh well. But, hey! We've won! GG everyone, GG." As they go on to pat themselves upon the psychological back; yes, they won the game as the score board says.

Great job.

DeletedUser

Yeah banning wars is teh suck, but another tactic i forgot would be hugging. That is a quick way to end things.

DeletedUser

Yes, yes it would. ^_^

Though, I'll have to politely disagree with you there, as the game would lose its luster rather quickly. Though it would certainly be an interesting turn of events eh? Nice save by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser43243

I use cookies!!!

Cookies are a very good method of keeping the tribe happy and succeed in enticing the enemy!
Using the cookie method means you can bake them for friends and enemies alike and are an excellent method of opening communication channels!
The only complaints i have received regarding this is the crumbs on the keyboard!

DeletedUser

I use cookies!!!

Cookies are a very good method of keeping the tribe happy and succeed in enticing the enemy!
Using the cookie method means you can bake them for friends and enemies alike and are an excellent method of opening communication channels!
The only complaints i have received regarding this is the crumbs on the keyboard!

Have you ever thought of poisoning the cookies and then mailing them to your enemies? A little bit of arsenic could stop a tribe cold. :icon_evil:

DeletedUser

I came up with a strategy during the Storm days but i set it as unprobably to be done. why? here is the strategy

You need the player to be either fully or atleast most of his vills within target range of the entire tribe. Eg, the player covers up a huge frontline. Now this would've mainly work when players had 100-200 vills, now i would say its impossible to use this strategy

Step one: chose player
step two, claim Every Village
step 3: noble trains and nukes sent to all vills
step 4: send fakes, hugely in number, to all surrounding players (ofcourse)
step 5: once op is successful, player loses over 80% of its vills and thus quite for sure
or
you completely noble the whole of that player's vills and he gets rimmed, all coins that he minted become 0 + he is no harm to you anymore

from their the attacking tribe moves onto the next hard, but good decision

step 1: dont support taken vills, just build trops and snipe trains as much as possible
step 2: the player's tribe spends many days and hundreds of its nobles retaking those vills
step 3: the attacking tribe has freed up its original number of nobles but has completely rimmed the enemy's tribe.
If this is done to 5 or so players, tons will quit + frontlines will be spread across many players, which is a good thing + bad thing :p

Now this strategy is originally useless in my opinion, made from the top of my head for rimming certain players and probably can be used by low member worlds to get the world to close fast :p
But it also depends on the resources the attacking tribe has :)

rpgman88

I have several methods and considering they are pretty obvious, I will share them.

1. Nuclear bombardment: Nuke everything in sight on an area. After the damage is done, rebuild and go after the player next to them, as a lot of tribal support is now in the first player you nuked. It's also good to mass time nobles along with a lot more nukes

2. Local pwnage: Nuke a large or small area and then noble from local villages, seems very effective and usually catches people off guard. You must have local support ready as well tho.

3. Demolition: Destroy the village until your opponent no longer wants it, then take it from them.

4. Use the [BA] tactic: Send hundreds upon hundreds of tribal nukes until you force the player to quit or you clear their villages

DeletedUser

I believe having large scale attacks where you set a landing time works the best if you have the people to pull it off. Nothing worse then going through the whole process of setting an op up only to have half the people not send or send a like 2 days after the landing time.

Bazz69

I came up with a strategy during the Storm days but i set it as unprobably to be done. why? here is the strategy

You need the player to be either fully or atleast most of his vills within target range of the entire tribe. Eg, the player covers up a huge frontline. Now this would've mainly work when players had 100-200 vills, now i would say its impossible to use this strategy

step 5: once op is successful, player loses over 80% of its vills and thus quite for sure
or
you completely noble the whole of that player's vills and he gets rimmed, all coins that he minted become 0 + he is no harm to you anymore

step 1: dont support taken vills, just build trops and snipe trains as much as possible
step 2: the player's tribe spends many days and hundreds of its nobles retaking those vills
step 3: the attacking tribe has freed up its original number of nobles but has completely rimmed the enemy's tribe.
If this is done to 5 or so players, tons will quit + frontlines will be spread across many players, which is a good thing + bad thing :p

Now this strategy is originally useless in my opinion, made from the top of my head for rimming certain players and probably can be used by low member worlds to get the world to close fast :p

LOL you left out Mass delete when you got your arses handed to you sorry bit couldnt resist my bad :icon_biggrin:

Last edited:

Bazz69

or

LOL you left out Mass delete when you got your arses handed to you sorry but couldnt resist my bad :icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

LOL you left out Mass delete when you got your arses handed to you sorry bit couldnt resist my bad :icon_biggrin:

i deleted over 1 month before the plan was set up, they had their reasons :) but they decided to go to other worlds, i deleted cause i was quiting tw altogether :)
Nice double post tho :lol:

I believe having large scale attacks where you set a landing time works the best if you have the people to pull it off. Nothing worse then going through the whole process of setting an op up only to have half the people not send or send a like 2 days after the landing time.

agreed! + the time put in by people which is ruined by others can be annoying :p

I have several methods and considering they are pretty obvious, I will share them.

3. Demolition: Destroy the village until your opponent no longer wants it, then take it from them.

number 3 seems abit, well stupid, (no offense meant). Cause why take it if you have to totally grow it back up wasting time and alot of resources, but still if it used correctly you can grow quite abit in an area :p

But in such a case like this i would actually cat the village and surrounding area so low that the village is ineffective, thus the player makes less coins and troops ... and i dont have to worry about a certain front and can move support to a different front as the closest village wont be in 1x1 anymore, many a few maps away ? :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

1. Nuclear bombardment: Nuke everything in sight on an area. After the damage is done, rebuild and go after the player next to them, as a lot of tribal support is now in the first player you nuked. It's also good to mass time nobles along with a lot more nukes

2. Local pwnage: Nuke a large or small area and then noble from local villages, seems very effective and usually catches people off guard. You must have local support ready as well tho.

4. Use the [BA] tactic: Send hundreds upon hundreds of tribal nukes until you force the player to quit or you clear their villages

1 and 2) Group together as they are similar points, as they both kinda need to be local or you wont get the best effects from it. They are good, although can they really be caught off guard in a smaller war? I mean if they are local enough then they should always be ready. Plus most targets have alot of tribal help anyway if they are close enough. It can work alot of the time though if you can pour enough nukes into it or find holes in defence In a world war like this one though, this is surely what is happening most of the time, if not then they shouldn't still be on this world... lol

3) Demolition is just a poor tactic, no one wants a villages less than 1k points :p

4) Is that really a bad tactic? I see it working on you guys

Sorry I chose to pick up on just your points here but I see them, just as you do, as the best tactics for it =] You could of course just be a good player that constantly finds holes in other players and work on that!

DeletedUser

1 and 2) Group together as they are similar points, as they both kinda need to be local or you wont get the best effects from it. They are good, although can they really be caught off guard in a smaller war? I mean if they are local enough then they should always be ready. Plus most targets have alot of tribal help anyway if they are close enough. It can work alot of the time though if you can pour enough nukes into it or find holes in defence In a world war like this one though, this is surely what is happening most of the time, if not then they shouldn't still be on this world... lol

3) Demolition is just a poor tactic, no one wants a villages less than 1k points :p

4) Is that really a bad tactic? I see it working on you guys

Sorry I chose to pick up on just your points here but I see them, just as you do, as the best tactics for it =] You could of course just be a good player that constantly finds holes in other players and work on that!

Jimi, I don't think he mentioned whether or not the tactics were good or bad. He just stated tactics he has seen and implored himself. :)

Let's keep it sweet in here.

DeletedUser

Jimi, I don't think he mentioned whether or not the tactics were good or bad. He just stated tactics he has seen and implored himself. :)

Let's keep it sweet in here.

It's being kept sweet, there was no flaming intended :) If it comes across that way then I can only apologize :villagers: