Strongholds Explained

HardNutz

Tribal Wars - Customer Support2019-04-05 20:20:03
Hello HardNutz,

Thank you for your patience, we have asked more information from the developers and it appears that the formula used to credit coins had a too low result for your tribe to receive any coins.

TotalCoinReward = AmountHostileVillages * StrongholdLevel / 10

PlayerCoinReward = ROUND( TotalCoinReward * AmountOwnVillages / TotalAmountTribeVillages)

As results are rounded, the PlayerCoinReward needs to be above 0.50 to receive at least one coin per player.

I hope this helps.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us again in case of questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

JawJaw
Community Manager
InnoGames GmBH

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods finally realized they presented wrong information since release of stronghold, the above is the formula for how you receive coins, and the recruitment buff they state you get for destroying at least 1 level is actually a recruitment buff for your stronghold.

this is what they originally posted out:

Reducing the level of an enemy stronghold will reward the tribe with:
25fe.png
Free coins for every tribe member. The amount of coins depends on the amount of villages the enemy tribe has and the level of the stronghold that was attacked.
25fe.png
An additional, temporary +100% recruitment speed boost when an enemy stronghold is reduced by one or more levels.

so what i found out from this:
1. destroying a stronghold for rewards is not worthit early game, nor is building one.

2. the formula for calculating rewards (coins) is:

PlayerCoinReward = ROUND( TotalCoinReward * AmountOwnVillages / TotalAmountTribeVillages)

3. Developers are unable to properly explain new features they adding into the game, also the stronghold feature is unfinished and not giving any rewards at the moment, nor is the recruitment speed of 100% within the stronghold correctly applied at the moment.

4. the 100% recruitment buff given is given to your stronghold and not players, only worthit to smash stronghold with a stronghold i guess.

as a side note the moment they got called on their mistakes, instantly closed my ticket and gave me the finger.

Last edited by a moderator:

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hi,

Also through this way thank you again for bringing it to our attention. A few points I wish to comment on:

1) Language. There is no reason to start an insulting rant against members or staff. We are all civilised so please behave. I have edited your post as a result. Should you choose to ignore this "warning", further actions will be taken.

2) The recruitment speed buff is correctly applied, as per our announcement. While I understand that you may have missed this part of the announcement, and the added confusion because the part "in your tribe's stronghold" was missing from the wiki, there is no reason to define it as not working. As per announcement, it is.
... an additional recruitment speed buff will be added to your stronghold temporarily.
Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 (bottom right corner of the post)

Noting that the only place where this wiki article is linked, is in this announcement, you have read (or so I assume) this part of the announcement before reading the part of the wiki. As a result, you had been informed of how this buff was applied.

3) As nobody on this server experienced benefit/harm from this, whether or not they didn't bother to report it (for which we still thank you for reporting it) or they just understood from our announcement, we do not see a reason to compensate you and only your tribe.
Other tribes may also have had this issue or may not have had this issue. Compensating just you and your tribe would, to put it a little blunt, be extremely unfair towards the hundreds of other tribes on this world.
I am sure you wouldn't appreciate it either if we compensate one specific tribe (= giving a benefit compared to other tribes) for basically... nothing or something that everyone experienced?

As this game feature is working as intended, but missed information in a wiki article, there is no harm done to any specific accounts nor is there any benefit for specific accounts (in which case compensation would be considered to nullify the benefit/harm). This would have resulted in a compensation if it was an actual bug.

4) As you quoted yourself:
The amount of coins depends on the amount of villages the enemy tribe has and the level of the stronghold that was attacked.
While this does not include the entire formula, it does include the fact that it depends on several factors. From this you can deduct yourself that in some cases the amount you get is too low or even not existent. In no way the announcement advertises (as you called it earlier) that in 100% of the situations a coin is given to all members of the tribe.

5) More as an FYI to all the other players - the wiki article has been updated in the meantime to reflect all this information (for which we, again, truly thank OP for his report).

All the best,

Last edited:

AuroraMoon

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
since the update on the wiki
i just want to ask:

*why do you get a temporary 100% recruitment buff to your stronghold when you already have one??
*can you get upto a 200% recruitment buff for your stronghold??
*is this another typo??

==================================================
Stronghold Benefits

Strongholds have the following, permanent benefits:

• Significantly more farm space then normal villages.
  • Much larger warehouse capacity. These resources can potentially be looted if the world settings allow for it.
  • A 100% boost to unit recruitment times, compared to normal villages.
  • Each level of a stronghold increases the duration of the Tribe Skills by 10%, up to a total of 100%.
Reducing the level of an enemy stronghold will reward the tribe with:

• Free coins for every tribe member. The amount of coins depends on the amount of villages the enemy tribe has and the level of the stronghold that was attacked.
  • An additional, temporary +100% recruitment speed boost, for your tribe's stronghold, when an enemy stronghold is reduced by one or more levels.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
Hi

No this is not a typo.
The default recruitment speed in a stronghold is 100% faster compared to normal (player) villages.

Once you destroy a stronghold level, this (already increased default recruitment speed) is then once more increased with 100%.

HardNutz

Hi,

Also through this way thank you again for bringing it to our attention. A few points I wish to comment on:

1) Language. There is no reason to start an insulting rant against members or staff. We are all civilised so please behave. I have edited your post as a result. Should you choose to ignore this "warning", further actions will be taken.

2) The recruitment speed buff is correctly applied, as per our announcement. While I understand that you may have missed this part of the announcement, and the added confusion because the part "in your tribe's stronghold" was missing from the wiki, there is no reason to define it as not working. As per announcement, it is.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019 (bottom right corner of the post)

Noting that the only place where this wiki article is linked, is in this announcement, you have read (or so I assume) this part of the announcement before reading the part of the wiki. As a result, you had been informed of how this buff was applied.

3) As nobody on this server experienced benefit/harm from this, whether or not they didn't bother to report it (for which we still thank you for reporting it) or they just understood from our announcement, we do not see a reason to compensate you and only your tribe.
Other tribes may also have had this issue or may not have had this issue. Compensating just you and your tribe would, to put it a little blunt, be extremely unfair towards the hundreds of other tribes on this world.
I am sure you wouldn't appreciate it either if we compensate one specific tribe (= giving a benefit compared to other tribes) for basically... nothing or something that everyone experienced?

As this game feature is working as intended, but missed information in a wiki article, there is no harm done to any specific accounts nor is there any benefit for specific accounts (in which case compensation would be considered to nullify the benefit/harm). This would have resulted in a compensation if it was an actual bug.

4) As you quoted yourself:

While this does not include the entire formula, it does include the fact that it depends on several factors. From this you can deduct yourself that in some cases the amount you get is too low or even not existent. In no way the announcement advertises (as you called it earlier) that in 100% of the situations a coin is given to all members of the tribe.

5) More as an FYI to all the other players - the wiki article has been updated in the meantime to reflect all this information (for which we, again, truly thank OP for his report).

All the best,

1) I didnt realise using a term which means stupidity was an insulting rant considering you edited 1 word out of my entire post, but nonetheless i apologise as a insulting rant wasnt what the purpose of this post was.

2) The recruitment buff is not correctly applied based on what you released as the reward for destroying stronghold level, my statement is correct in both regards to what i mention here, as your initial release stated the quote i used above and you actually agreed to it and even said it is being amended to fix the mistake in our ticket convo you closed rather quickly, ontop of that you posted at 11:42am today, the wiki page was amended at 08:57am today, which means you are quoting after the wiki page was amended and have quoted amended information, rather sneaky to be honest and bordering unethical as a mod.

The second part that was not working correctly was the actual recruitment buff when you build your own stronghold, it is roughly 70% faster not 100% faster as stated. You closed my ticket off before i could mention this by the way :)

3) Releasing that the tribe receives free coins, the amount is then based on enemy stronghold level and enemy tribe villages only, prompted us to smash a stronghold loose troops in process to then be told, yeh we only gave half the real info here sorry ticket closed, constitutes as experiencing a impact due to the lack of correct information provided.

4) If you read my quote, you will see it states
reducing the level of an enemy stronghold will reward the tribe with: Free coins for every tribe member, The amount of coins depends on the amount of villages the enemy tribe has and the level of the stronghold that was attacked.
which to anyone who reads it states there is 2 factors involved, which is why i sent the initial query in to figure out why we didnt receive coins for smashing a level 2 stronghold with a tribe count of 30.

The second part of the quote says
An additional, temporary +100% recruitment speed boost when an enemy stronghold is reduced by one or more levels.
under the same heading of what the tribe receives, again to edit the information on the wiki linked in announcement and then try to use the altered post to validate your argument is beyond unethical for tw mods to do in my honest opinion.

5) this post was to highlight the incorrect information posted by you guys and to make sure no one else makes the same mistake like we did.

Last edited:

HardNutz

as a side note the formula i propose in ticket and i think everyone should get a read to be honest makes more sense in this game.

PlayerCoinReward = ROUND( TotalCoinReward * AmountOwnVillages / TotalAmountTribeVillagesWithAcademy)

Otherwise villages without academy are being put into an equation that results in coins that they cant even receive.