Suggestion

• Thread starter DeletedUser45021
  • Start date

Should there be BSOTW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser45021

Alright, I think it's time for a BSOTW for those that are not that experienced yet and use MS Paint vs the sigs that look rather professional.

People have been complaining a lot, and this is practically the only fair thing to do, and it won't cause arguments either.

So vote away :)

DeletedUser

You can't stop them from making them and entering them into the SOTW >.>

DeletedUser45021

BSOTW is SOTW for beginners, and yes Yoshi I can by judging which of the sigs are more suited for the beginners section and which is suited for SOTW :)

DeletedUser

We've got too few people to have 2 SOTW's every week.

I would however really like a BSOTW! I would enter with GIMP / paint sigs every single week :3 yay!

DeletedUser51929

I tihnk its fair, and give people a better chnace of winning :) i like it :D

DeletedUser

BSOTW is SOTW for beginners, and yes Yoshi I can by judging which of the sigs are more suited for the beginners section and which is suited for SOTW :)

So you would be the sole judge of which sigs are "Professional" and "Beginner"? That seems to take all of the democracy right out of SOTW.

DeletedUser

Even apart from the issue of being fiat based, which I find to be an inherently a poor solution, I really don't see that there are enough participants to justify this.

DeletedUser

After much deliberation about it, I really can't see any equality in this proposition and decided to vote no. I don't think anyone here is in a position to decide what is and isn't art, what is and isn't professional.

DeletedUser54064

We can all guess the final vote of this, I really don't see the point of even posting here anymore.

DeletedUser45021

Don't worry I can distinguish between what goes under beginners and what doesn't :)

DeletedUser54064

Mm doubt I'd be doing any more art 'till the cloud passes.

DeletedUser

No.

There's too much Drama already, no need to increase it with Who Enters Which every single week.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Let the 'professional' people go to real graphics sites and SOTW's. There's not enough people to do a seperation here. There isn't even really much difference in skill or creativity here.

DeletedUser

Don't worry I can distinguish between what goes under beginners and what doesn't :)

To me, whether you can or not is not the issue, so much as that it's a single person's choice.

By the way, out of curiosity, where would you put mine?

DeletedUser45021

To me, whether you can or not is not the issue, so much as that it's a single person's choice.

By the way, out of curiosity, where would you put mine?

I'll have some Elder's + the Community Manager vote with me where it would belong.

Yours would probably be in Beginners section :p

Edit: It doesn't have to be every week. Could be one week is BSOTW and the other is SOTW and it keeps exchanging. There would be less drama, not more

DeletedUser83041

Why should there be a beginner popularity contest and a regular one? If the "MS Paint" versions can compete with the Photoshop ones, then let them. Why should you be the arbiter of what can and can't compete? If the ones you don't like can win in the same system, then obviously art wins. If the ones you think are "more professional" win, then where is the harm? Only to the people that are worried about losing to these are worried about splitting them. Obviously we already know the winners, the people confident in their ability to win no matter what, not the people that think they need to split the contest to beat the "beginners."