Suggestion

• Thread starter DeletedUser45021
  • Start date

Should there be BSOTW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser

Says whom? You? B ecause here's my proof otherwise:

• artwork: photographs or other visual representations in a printed publication; "the publisher was responsible for all the artwork in the book"
  • the drawings and photographs in the layout of a book
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
  • Graphics (from Greek ; see -graphy) are visual presentations on some surface, such as a wall, canvas, computer screen, paper, or stone to brand ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics
  • The making of architectural or engineering drawings; The graphic arts; The pictorial representation and manipulation of data; the process by which a computer displays data
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/graphics
  • graphic - written or drawn or engraved; "graphic symbols"
  • graphic - describing nudity or sexual activity in graphic detail; "graphic sexual scenes"
  • graphic - of or relating to the graphic arts; "the etchings, drypoints, lithographs, and engravings which together form his graphic work"- British Book News
  • graphic - relating to or presented by a graph; "a graphic presentation of the data"
  • graphic - an image that is generated by a computer
  • graphic - evoking lifelike images within the mind; "pictorial poetry and prose"; "graphic accounts of battle"; "a lifelike portrait"; "a vivid description"
    wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
  • The Graphic - Treva Spontaine and The Graphic, later The Graphic was a Greensboro, North Carolina indie band popular in colleges of the southeast USA during the 1980s. In 1984 Don Dixon produced the 6-track album People In Glass for Treva Spontaine and The Graphic. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Graphic_(band)
  • The Graphic was a British illustrated newspaper, first published on 4 December 1869 by Illustrated Newspapers, Ltd. ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Graphic
  • -graphic - The English suffix -graphy means either "writing" or a "field of study", and is an anglicization of the French -graphie inherited from the Latin ...
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/-graphic
  • graphic - a drawing or picture; computer generated images as viewed on a screen forming part of a game or a film etc; drawn, pictorial; vivid, descriptive; grotesque or otherwise repulsively gory
    en.wiktionary.org/wiki/graphic
  • Pictures displayed by a computer.
    www.west.asu.edu/ACHRISTIE/545/webgloss.htm

To see it yourself lrn2google. Sorry, I forgot, boo hoo baby want a bottle. http://tinyurl.com/yfozage There you go. God my daughter is more of a man than you people and she's 7 months old.

Ok mate, my mistake...i meant COMPUTER graphics.

supertribe123

The COMMUNITY decides. Reading comprehension is also an "art." :icon_wink:

Real easy; OB-jective and not SUB-jective. The whole TW community has been has already been voting every week for 10+ weeks. Award a points system: 1st place = 3, 2nd place = 2, 3rd place = 1 point. Once a poster has accumulated 6 points, they can no longer compete in BSOTW.

In this manner, no ONE person (or committee) decided whose art quality was best... EVERYONE already decided, together, as a community! Use the last 10 weeks results when deciding the initial rankings. It allows the elite siggy makers to still compete for top honors, and it allows the less experienced to compete against players that are a more fair match up for their current ability. A new participant has the right to waive 'beginner protection' (so-to-speak) if he thinks he's good enough he wants to immediately play with the big dogs.[SPOIL]For real life precident, this is the same way horse racing match ups are governed. You want to watch a challenging race to have the most fun! So, horses who don't win compete against others of their kind. Winners move up to more challenging match ups against other winners, and losers move down until they start winning again.[/SPOIL] I was going to make the suggestion myself, but in the time it took me to sift through 12 complete pages of remarks to make sure it had not been brought up already, I found that supertribe123 had already had the same idea... and he had been overlooked by the people who were still too busy arguing to pay attention. And, honestly, before someone suggents possibly entering with a new alias every two weeks... Dude! Anyone whose ego is THAT immature, well, sorry. I can only pity them. :icon_rolleyes:

This solution does not get into any measure of what is or isn't art or "good enough." It rates only past competition success, and an artist who still qualifies for BSOTW can still make the personal choice to compete in SOTW instead; one or the other. Personally I'm a nub when it comes to siggies. My avatar was drawn by HAND (before computers even existed). I used Paint for the first time to make a prize for Plushie Wars! on W16. I've made maybe 6 sigs or so in the months since, by trial and error. I don't even know what most the software terms you are throwing around here mean. I can still decide for myself, however, if I like what I see and I can vote if I want, like anyone else here, from week to week. Players who accumulate top honors move on to face stronger competition, thats all. :xmas cool:

That is pure genious.

DeletedUser83041

Ok mate, my mistake...i meant COMPUTER graphics.
Actually, your definition still doesn't fit because my list includes computer use in it. Look. It's there. Your definition isn't even close.

Repinski

I think this is a very good idea, it might make some of the good sig makers come back to this section if the new guys that arn;t that great are limited to a certain thread.

DeletedUser45021

I love the idea, however not gonna happen with those votes ^

supertribe123

If you manipulate this vote and I notice I assure you that I'll get an additional 20 people to vote no.

thats probably true. No cheating.

I hope this idea does go through. We dont need that many votes to make it equal.

graphicsown

H0llyghost I might have to quote you on that now, hehe. That way if the "no's" spike, I'll come running straight to you. :lol:

Also, Repinski, is not manipulating this vote, he's offering free cookiez. Surely that's not class as manipulating. :icon_rolleyes:

I might advertise this too though, get some more "yes" votes, I know who to contact :icon_wink:

Seagryfn

If you manipulate this vote and I notice I assure you that I'll get an additional 20 people to vote no.
Hahaha, you mean like these people...
...and many others like them? All of whom have never before participated in the community, most of whom have never even made a post on the forums, but they just now created a forum account merely to express a "NO" vote in this poll? LMAO... some of them just created a new TW account out of thin air, today, having never played the game before and without even registering on any world, simply in order to influence the outcome of this vote! :icon_eek:

I already cry "Foul" on the results of this poll.
The results have been rigged and should therefore be discarded.

Anyhow, NO WHERE in the topic or OP of this thread does it state the results of the vote are binding:
Alright, I think it's time for a BSOTW for those that are not that experienced yet and use MS Paint vs the sigs that look rather professional.
People have been complaining a lot, and this is practically the only fair thing to do, and it won't cause arguments either.
So vote away :)
The vote was only to obtain a concensus opinion. A "True Democracy" is defined as 4 wolves and a sheep deciding on what is for dinner! Here, we have laws to protect the rights of the 'sheep,' even though the wolves have a strong difference of opnion on the matter. Therefore, since the results of the vote are both foul AND non-binding, it is entirely up to the discretion of the Forum Moderator whether to host such a weekly contest or not! :icon_wink:

Last edited:

DeletedUser80265

A "True Democracy" is defined as 4 wolves and a sheep deciding on what is for dinner! Here, we have laws to protect the rights of the 'sheep,' even though the wolves have a strong difference of opnion on the matter.

*cough* The poor defenceless sheep being the mods and the big bad wolves being anyone with a dissenting opinion...You go ahead teach those big bad wolves a lesson.:lol:

DeletedUser

Coudnt any one just enter the ''beginners'' one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Seagryfn

*cough* The poor defenceless sheep being the mods and the big bad wolves being anyone with a dissenting opinion...You go ahead teach those big bad wolves a lesson.:lol:
Not so. I myself have not, and will not, vote on the matter. There are Mods voting on both sides of the issue. I have not taken sides. No one called the wolves 'bad' except yourself. You are all entitled to have an opinion.

But... creating fictitious accounts simply to give the feeble impression that one viewpoint on the matter matters more than what the rest of the community believes is, well, laughable! If an opinion is indeed not inferior, then it should not require artificial support to maintain. Haha.

DeletedUser

Oh you mean like the whole group of /b/ trolls did at the sotw and this poll? Oh kk.
We too are members of Tribal Wars. Just because we enjoy something does not entitle you to say that we are anything less than you.

DeletedUser

Hahaha, you mean like these people... ...and many others like them? All of whom have never before participated in the community, most of whom have never even made a post on the forums, but they just now created a forum account merely to express a "NO" vote in this poll? LMAO... some of them just created a new TW account out of thin air, today, having never played the game before and without even registering on any world, simply in order to influence the outcome of this vote! :icon_eek:

I already cry "Foul" on the results of this poll.
The results have been rigged and should therefore be discarded.

is that any better then all of the people voting that have never even posted in the graphics section? people that, as far as we can be aware, suddenly decided to stumble into the graphics section to vote?

people are calling in their buddies already, the fact that some have had accounts longer then others does not change the fact that they have, for all purposes of this discussion, appeared out of thin air to vote or suddenly resurfaced.

not to mention the fact that people using aliases to post on these boards is hardly shocking

so yea, this poll is already rigged. but its rigged rather equally if you ask me.

Last edited by a moderator:

ganesh1

to be fair i don't think that the graphics section has fully been acknowledged, i just noticed it existed last week