Sup!

DeletedUser

Hey, just started out, but wouldnt consider myself a 'noob', on the way to getting a good village going and getting advice from friends who have been playing for a while, just wanted to get a feel for the forums and say hello, so, hello. =D

DeletedUser

Why wouldn't you consider yourself a noob?
Oh and hi.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Why wouldn't you consider yourself a noob?
Oh and hi.

Correct me if im wrong but a 'noob' is a new player who doesn't quite know what hes doing and usually end up getting farmed until they go back to call of duty, or have to learn a lot before getting anywhere.

Im pretty sure i know what im doing, i have a good idea, I've played similar games, sure there are gonna be better players and i will probably get my ass handed to me on many occasions, but only because im a beginner, not a 'noob'.

DeletedUser

Really? I always hear it, dont use it much myself though, think its a yank thing.

DeletedUser

Correct me if im wrong but a 'noob' is a new player who doesn't quite know what hes doing and usually end up getting farmed until they go back to call of duty, or have to learn a lot before getting anywhere.

Im pretty sure i know what im doing, i have a good idea, I've played similar games, sure there are gonna be better players and i will probably get my ass handed to me on many occasions, but only because im a beginner, not a 'noob'.

People seem to have different opinions on what "noob" stands for but they all have one thing in common, noobs are beginners. You are a beginner therefore I wouldn't care of the word "noob" if I were you.

DeletedUser106038

Hey, just started out, but wouldnt consider myself a 'noob', on the way to getting a good village going and getting advice from friends who have been playing for a while, just wanted to get a feel for the forums and say hello, so, hello. =D

Good to hear some other new players joined like me. ;). we need more people on the forums to counter the "vets"!!! :D

Never heard this expression before...

its pretty much what happened to you

People seem to have different opinions on what "noob" stands for but they all have one thing in common, noobs are beginners. You are a beginner therefore I wouldn't care of the word "noob" if I were you.

a newb(ie) is a beginner, a noob is a bad player

DeletedUser

Yeah you're right but the point is everyone has their own opinion on what is a noob, therefore informing people about them not being a noob is like saying I want a sandwich when you want a bacon sandwich. They don't exactly know what you want so you might get a mushroom sandwich instead of the desired bacon one. I've never been the best on metaphors.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

In my opinion a noob isn't a bad player. A new player is likely to be bad, a noob is someone who is bad and doesn't realise it and makes no attempt to improve.

DeletedUser106038

In my opinion a noob isn't a bad player. A new player is likely to be bad, a noob is someone who is bad and doesn't realise it and makes no attempt to improve.

depends on the angle you take i guess. i know noobs who now they are noobs / bad. doesnt mean they dont try to improve, sometimes they just cant and stay noob

DeletedUser76277

Noob is a word used by certain players to try and show they are better than they are.........