Survey for top 10 players in top 5 tribes

DeletedUser118606

Have been working on a few.things prior to getting back to my studies,.and was wondering.about .a. few things related to those of you in the top 5 tribes here on w81.

What do you owe your success to?

Is it your skills?

Is it your D:O vils ratios?

Is it some other factor?

Is it a combination of all of the above? If so, what percentage of each?

Please feel free to give as.many details and.examples that can be safely shared in an open forum.

DeletedUser74388

I 100% believe that the bigcheese success is due to 3 co-players who work well together but have 3 different styles. We compliment each others strengths and weaknesses and see value in what each player brings to the team. So I guess that says that skill is the largest contributing factor as well as sheer # of hours the account is being managed.

Since day 1 we have played an offensive game and I think that is required to get to the top. Our true success is that we have worked hard nobling red enemies over barbs and inactive tribemates. We were not in the top players for a long time on this world but slowly worked out way up. I believe we were #1 in ODA stats before we were even in the top 20 of points in the early world. However, if you are going to be an offensive player you have to be good at managing your defense (again=skills) regardless of how much you have and know how to use offense as defense (backtiming etc). Also you cant get frozen in place, you have to make big moves and not be afraid to attack and take chances.

Also I think the simple things like farming all the time and account maintenance are needed to be successful. This is not so much a skill but more a dedication to the account and making it run smoothly.

playerhater11234

I'm not top 10 in my tribe, but I'm still going to weigh in on this...

Experience is definitely a key factor (some might refer to experience as "skill"). I'd say it's difficult to excel at this game without being battle-hardened and knowing the proper maneuvers to execute and when to execute them. At the same time, the amount of time you're willing and able to put into playing the game will often be directly proportional to the growth and survival of your account. And the last thing I can think of is building the right relationships. It doesn't matter how experienced you are and how much time you put into the game, if you haven't invested in relationships with the right people around you, there's little chance you survive long-term.

Last edited:

blckdrgn1

Its a mix of diplomacy, activity, and teamwork. Probably 25%/32.5%/32.5% respectively.

Your diplomats have to prevent your tribe from becoming a target of gang bangs and make it so that when your tribe wants to kill another tribe you have more firepower (allies) on your side than the enemy has.

Examples - Sarcows changed what was supposed to be Sarcow + LRO vs Quasar in to LRO + Quasar vs Sarcow due to poor handling of diplomacy

WP/Union chose to be vultures and eat villages from sarcow while it was falling and recruit from it and attacked Quasar instead of trying to be friendly with LRO/Quasar/Here?/BT. They could have taken the world in a completely different direction but their actions caused LRO+QUASAR+BT+Here players to combine against them

Beserk chose to be LRO's ally for the first part of the war, then decided to be neutral for weeks, and eventually recruited UW players. This gave LRO tons of time to eat UW players and grow to the point that UW+Beserk cannot stop LRO.

You have to be very active and aggressive. Farming every day and nobling as much as you can.

Examples - Bigcheese, Out run mah bullets, etc

You have to help your team with their missions in order to get them to return the favor and help you with your missions. The top players of LRO are the most active team players and I'm sure you can say the same about the top 10 of any top tribe.

Examples - LRO

Last edited:

DeletedUser118606

Thanks, Jane, playerhater and blckdragon for your feedback...hopefully, we'll also here from the others as well. Your answers have confirmed many things and reminded me of others. Know you are highly respected...especially in certain aspects of the game which blckdragon and I have been discussing via pm. ;)

DeletedUser74388

I semi disagree with you blckdrgn1 - diplomacy can be what you make of it if your skills and value as a player have set you apart from your tribemates. Bigcheese has twice left (got kicked from) tribes when the leadership (hmmm...how to say politely) went bad or mostly quit the tribe.

So even if you have a tribe that has bad leadership or diplomacy, if you have proven your skills or worth, you are able to make your own way, choose a new path, join a new tribe when thing go south. Also if you have the skills, when you make such radical moves as cheese has done, you have to have the skills to survive an entire tribe attacking and only loose 1 village.
:icon_cool:

Stewinthepot

blocked
Reaction score
I think the point your making is that regardless of your diplomacy your skills/activity can make up for it, but your personal diplomacy does play a pretty big factor in how you do in the world.

For instance this is probably the most inactive i have ever been on a world, ive literally just been sending support to the frontline, only kinda screwing up when leadership asks me to send nukes, and nobling more barbs than 90% of people on the world. But because i had a friend in LRO and i played nice with all the other members ive somehow scraped my way into the top 15.

So you can be the big flashy player up there at rank #1 ;) or the bottom feeder who climbs up the ranks aswell (regardless of skill) as long as you do what the leadership asks you to and just basically, dont be a dick.

*side note
O:D ratio is entirely dependant on your surroundings, yes of course if you have more offense you will grow faster, more LC for farming and more offense= more clearing of enemies. But at the same time to much offense and you could easily be catted or nobled so yea never have a pre set O : D ratio just make it up as you go and see what you need

DeletedUser118606

love the discussion here! I posted the url for it one of the times I logged in. hopefully, my tribe members will keep up with the posts. when I do return, god knows when, I'll definitely use the suggestions. the new head of the tribe is trying to follow them already. unfortunately, it appears I did too much damage while I was here. perhaps with me gone, that will change.

DeletedUser118606

as far as my D: O ratio goes, my warzone ratio hadn't been achieved yet. like you said, stew, circumstances dictate the ratio, as well as timing of the game...endgame, imho, requires more def vils, and plenty of farmspace for troops.

DeletedUser

Have been working on a few.things prior to getting back to my studies,.and was wondering.about .a. few things related to those of you in the top 5 tribes here on w81.

Is it your skills?

Is it some other factor?

Please feel free to give as.many details and.examples that can be safely shared in an open forum.

Cool post. I'll weigh in my 2 cents on all of it. I'll do my best not to make bad jokes / troll comment / sarcasm etc. as well as not gloating b/c I know there is tons of haters, not only that these forums are out weighted by the people winning on w81 vs the ppl viewing , ppl losing, ppl observing. Keep in my this is my humble opinion and I will be direct about it.

assuming success means winning vs learning..

If you are successful in the game you have to have to have several things in your corner. First comes experience and knowledge. You need to know and understand how the game works... There is a lot of variables that come into consideration when it comes to success. Ill try to put them in order of priority, I'm sure opinions will vary in here: activity , knowledge / information / skill, execution , resilience / attitude, strategy, integrity, perseverance / stamina, luck.

activity : doesnt matter who you are or what you know, if you dont log in, if you got" rl issues" or school or other excuses to login and tend the acct in the high times /low times / launch times / snipe times / tagging / farming etc, doesn't matter who you are , how good you are, you will not amount to anything. You need to log into your acct, tend your Skype / tribe / members on a consistent basis or you are not going to get anywhere . Many players that are considered good, I will use Alex from WP as an example, are actually total trash bc they disappear when they are actually needed for activity , so it doesn't matter who you are or what you know, if you don't actively log in, you are shit, period . That is why I would never recommend starting a normal TW world (non speed round) with at LEAST 1 coplayer. Never assume a roll of leadership or act as a leader when others depend on you if you dont tend to stick around when they need you. PRW / Alex are prime examples for neglecting leadership rolls when others needed them to step up- total scrubs.

knowledge / info / skill
- difference between knowledge and information is simple- its the application of it, some ppl may or may not not know the right advice or choice or play / action but the application of it is vital and thats when information becomes knowledge, when it is applied. skill is the actual ability of the application of it all. I'm not gonna get into a huge discussion here , all ill say is that offensive always beats defensive due to the fact that it builds 3x as fast, trades evenly unless its stacked 1:3 against. and needs a wall. Defense application... mostly its put DIRECTLY infront of nobles, or to stack vills to high hell. You need to know how to snipe, and snipe with confidence , I've sniped probly 15-30 nobles on this world with LC / axe alone, because its that ez to kill a noble with 50axe/ lc- when a typical noob would just stack n lose everything to a nuke. If you dont know how to snipe/ prenoble / renoble / backtime / etc etc etc; You are playing in an entire different league then the top tier players on the game. The game has many phases, early game mid game , late game , ultra late game. If you think you are good on this game or want to learn this game fast, you should play speed rounds with the top tiered players in the world, you will be humbled quickly when you experience back timing, sniping , cancel sniping , and so on. Many early game players dont have patience for late game, many late game players suck at early game. At end of day it all comes with time, sometimes you win, sometimes you learn. Like PRW for example, he is learning alot on this world - like that you cant build nukes that have 0 cats, or have nukes that have 100 cats and consider it a "cat nuke" lol. Imacros wont win worlds vs you mike, you need to learn to play.

resilence n attitude , we all know the player that got opped once, or lost a village , or splatted a nuke and just quit. some of the best players ive ever known, quit after losing 10 spears due to unlucky first attacks on barbs, or hitting 1 spiked barb, or being opped, or having the odds stacked against them due to politics, resilence in this game goes a long long long long way. Defending is easy, attacking is hard. Its hard to cap a village, keep it with a 0 wall, not get sniped , not get prenobled / renobled n so on. if you have a weak personality you will leave this game due to several attacks on your farms / warehouses. I think lifeless clown is a perfect example here, where bigcheese made channel 4 news team, a rank 9 account at the time quit with 10 nukes only and several hundred cats. the player had no knoweldge of how to defend or back time, stacked a handful of villages on a "warfront" had his core villages catted with 1/4 nukes split up, and never was heard from again. total example of what a gutless scrub weak personality can do to an account. vs differnt personality , daniel beri, who took massive losses time n time again but had the resilence to stick around for weeks n months on end, making the most of the situation and sticking around to see it through. resilence in the game will typically take your attackers to change targets or ask you if you are interested in joining vs attacking you and spinning there wheels.

strategy and integrity - some (PRW) people strategist to try to horde inactive accounts, invite to gain ground (bezerk) vs nobling to gain ground, wait for inactives to go red so they can internal inactive players(prw), shuffle account sits around to stack there own villages while there tribies suffocate(prw) .. in most worlds ive seen the top ranked players do nothing but internal villages, this world is very similar, PRW has majority of barbs / internals to count for his points, he has really done nothing significant, he honestly has no clue how to attack aside from what he has learned from being attacked by bigcheese and others in LRO. He counts on others around him quiting, so he can grow off their gifted villages , even priding himself off how many ppl gifting there accounts to him. Many other players , far n few in between, attack regardless of the odds, because of location or because of politics. - You want to pick your tribe smartly, but you dont want to be dumb to what tribe you are in, you need to be aware of corruption and people using and abusing you and others for there own personal gain- example prw / beserk, its a total joke- prw is willing to do anything / join anyone if it means the chance he will get support mules / inactive accounts to noble- yet every target / player attacked by bigcheese , asked for support and was not only declined help but ridiculed by prw and other leadership. total disgust.

TLDR

The success on bigcheese account comes from several variables , number 1 having 3 players on the account that work well together and think alike, secondly having the skillsets to snipe while maintaining a offensive ratio even while having the odds stacked against us at times. Having the resilience to defend vs the odds of tribal attacks, imacro fakers (prw ) , the combined experience of 30 years between the 3 ppl on the acct. not to mention dozens of speed rounds and having a solid tribe, solid leadership , and core group of players that have the same vision of winning w81.

There is no way to weigh in a % of which is most important, whatever your weakest link is will end up burning you the most. You have to have priorities. Focus on your strengths , bigcheese for example focuses on destroying accounts, that is our strength. PRW for example focusing on farming with imacros and internaling his tribemates, that is his strength.

DeletedUser106011

Sheer stubbornness

Is it your skills?
Partly, I guess - but I could definitely improve..

Not explicitly.. Good to think ahead with village ratios and adjust accordingly to situations/environment

Is it some other factor?
Stubbornness, and addiction :D

As payin has touched on.. I agree that Activity is a huge contributor to 'success' - probably the biggest factor.. followed by in no specific order experience (knowledge and skill), diplomacy, strategy

Please feel free to give more words
The term success I feel is open to interpretation.. As it actually depends on what you set out to achieve..
I feel like this world has been successful for me, even though it's been one of the lazier ones I've played to be honest.. for various reasons.. I started this world for a bit of fun, and fun it has been!, so - success!. In saying that I always play hard, but prefer to take player villages and take risks, as I find that style of play more interactive.
When I saw the crew forming around the area I was (am) in, I realized that something good was in the works, so decided to take it a little more seriously and think a bit longer term.. Which means playing as a team, and doing what you have to to ensure your teams 'success'.

Good conversation starter Ali :)

DeletedUser118606

thanks for the input and the compliments about the topic.. best way I found to learn or relearn anything is to ask questions, and to try to ask the right questions. these questions deal with the issues I had been having. Many other questions I have I know the answers can be found here in the externals' guides, wiki and other locations.