T*F Trustworthy? You decide...

spleen mage

Sadly, for once I have to agree with BigBad. Breaking the NAP after a short time? That's fine. Even ending the NAP and not telling you are doing so isn't so bad.

But advising your tribe to "continue nobling their members" while carrying on with the pretence that you have a NAP is kinda low. There is no evidence here that shows T*F were going to break the NAP officially, rather that they would pretend any noblings were "accidents".

If you believe it's a valid tactic, then fair enough. However, it's going to make any other tribe very wary indeed of having any sort of relationship with T*F, if this is how they treat tribes with diplomatic relations.

It is the leaders job to notify members of diplomacy changes, even if the current leader was busy, he could have delagated the task to a baron. If the members breach the NAP due to their own inactivity on their tribe forums or by ignoring circulars, then that member should be held fully accountable.

T*F are playing a dangerous game, heh. They've shown they can fight (aka. the legend war) but their reputation is being dragged through the mud.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

do you understand logical sentence structure???
do you??

do you????

DO YOU???????

I think maybe not. Maybe I should drink more and all will become clear with that mass of tangled words you typed:)

if you can't comprehend what I was saying then i'm sorry you have no grasp of the English language, please don't talk down to me about my "logical sentence structure". You couldn't even tell I was being sarcastic about not trusting his tribe, and attempting to motivate kebabe8 to get his butt in gear, and keep his word.

DeletedUser

yes yes, i have been in many tribes that do the same thing. the difference is, we have never had a problem like this. this is easily preventable if you forums are clean and tidy, as well as if players read the forums. so sorry this is no excuse.

You are reeeaally not in a position to be preaching about "clean and tidy" forums :icon_neutral:

techno t

if you can't comprehend what I was saying then i'm sorry you have no grasp of the English language, please don't talk down to me about my "logical sentence structure". You couldn't even tell I was being sarcastic about not trusting his tribe, and attempting to motivate kebabe8 to get his butt in gear, and keep his word.

much better sentence structure there old bean, see you can do it!:)

Pats on the back all round methinks:icon_biggrin:

DeletedUser

much better sentence structure there old bean, see you can do it!:)

Pats on the back all round methinks:icon_biggrin:

May I point out that this thread nor this forum is about peoples grammar. :icon_neutral:

DeletedUser22924

i have seen NAPs being broken in less than 24hrs, i don get why some people are getting mad because the NAP was broken

DeletedUser92

I believe that when you give your word, you stick to it. "I won't attack you" means "I won't attack you." Then again, that thinking may well have lost my tribe a world, so take it for what it means. For me? It just means that I will be far, far more selective in who I give my word to, and many will simply not get it until they earn it.

So, I think T*F is definitely being dishonest - but, then again, I think that if they had no intention of NAPing, they should have just said "yeah we're gonna eat you." I've said that to plenty of people and still gotten along fine with them.

DeletedUser22924

well, i have been in tribes where we use NAPs just to buy some time to prepare

Deception is part of the game. if u cant use it, u will have a short life

DeletedUser

That's acceptable. In fact, I think that's the basis on which most NAP's are formed. But telling your members to noble the NAP'd tribe, so long as they give fair warning so he can come up with an excuse as to why they are nobling it, is NOT acceptable.

Even after they used their excuse, he kept right on attacking. I guess at that point you could say the NAP was broken, but why lie about it?

DeletedUser

BurningAngel said:

Online Game
Lol.

I don't know much about this, but 1) it was temporary, and 2) it was a NAP, mostly a marker. (How many tribes take NAP's seriously? Some top ranked tribes barely take alliances seriously) It's over though, so meh.

DeletedUser

You go through the trouble of diplomatic talks, get an NAP secured and then get 2 villages nobled by their members. No im by no means bitching or complaining, im just saying if you have diplomatic relations with them, beware. They seem to have many shaky diplomatic relationships and wouldnt think twice to turn on you in an instant.

Doesnt that defeat the entire purpose of an NAP? Just curious.
Haha, Happy Cliffjumper here. Well, honestly say, would a tribe of T*Fs status ally with a noob tribalhugging, PAing, Growth limiting tribe? I mean, put up a map of us and BoS, and tell for yourself just how much they limit our growth :/.

But seriously, stop making PAs with everyone who comes asking for one, or give an invite to everyone who asks for one, or make an NAP/alliance to every tribe that looks strong. (I may be wrong on these 3 points, but that's the way I see it right now.)

/HC

1) You say you aren't complaining and then complain.

2) NAPs are all eventually broken. They aren't meant to be permanent.

3) Having a spy in a NAPped tribe also kind of defeats the purpose of a NAP too, no?

So kfollmer, you leading another family tribe in this world? :icon_wink:

I love you shlomzi :)

/ViolentlyPeaceful

Deception is part of the game. if u cant use it, u will have a short life
Thank you, couldn't have put it more clearly

Sadly, for once I have to agree with BigBad. Breaking the NAP after a short time? That's fine. Even ending the NAP and not telling you are doing so isn't so bad.

But advising your tribe to "continue nobling their members" while carrying on with the pretence that you have a NAP is kinda low. There is no evidence here that shows T*F were going to break the NAP officially, rather that they would pretend any noblings were "accidents".

If you believe it's a valid tactic, then fair enough. However, it's going to make any other tribe very wary indeed of having any sort of relationship with T*F, if this is how they treat tribes with diplomatic relations.

It is the leaders job to notify members of diplomacy changes, even if the current leader was busy, he could have delagated the task to a baron. If the members breach the NAP due to their own inactivity on their tribe forums or by ignoring circulars, then that member should be held fully accountable.

T*F are playing a dangerous game, heh. They've shown they can fight (aka. the legend war) but their reputation is being dragged through the mud.

Let me clear this up. Kebabe was in no way related to this at all. He had no say in this move made by ME, and ME only.

Now, that being said, I will once again clearly state my reasons.

1. A lot of isolated T*F members were surrounded by 5 or so BoS members who were constantly nobling OUR farms. Yes I say OUR farms, not everyones.

2. Being isolated, and surrounded by 5 or so members of an opposing tribe who kept nobling closer and closer to you, do you think it would have been smart to declare war whilst fighting Legend?

3. Not only all of that, but OP had been recently hacked, and the tribe disbanded, so we weren't in much of a position to organize support or declare attacks as everyone was more worried about what happened with OP.

4. The NAP was for 2 reasons. 1, to make them be quiet. And 2, to lower their guard, and hopefully make them do some of our dirty work for us. Take every oppurtunity that comes by you.

5. I will admit I was a bit put off by the fact that they have a spy in T*F, however, the copied sentence was a forum message, not a circular.

6. As a duke, I am not stupid enough to hinder half the tribes growth like that. 5 very good positioned villages right next to you within your church radius...think you would happily NAP with that?

7. I think I'm repeating a lot of my points...

8. This isn't trust, but this is an online strategy game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now, that being said, I will once again clearly state my reasons.

1. A lot of isolated T*F members were surrounded by 5 or so BoS members who were constantly nobling OUR farms. Yes I say OUR farms, not everyones.

2. Being isolated, and surrounded by 5 or so members of an opposing tribe who kept nobling closer and closer to you, do you think it would have been smart to declare war whilst fighting Legend?

3. Not only all of that, but OP had been recently hacked, and the tribe disbanded, so we weren't in much of a position to organize support or declare attacks as everyone was more worried about what happened with OP.

4. The NAP was for 2 reasons. 1, to make them be quiet. And 2, to lower their guard, and hopefully make them do some of our dirty work for us. Take every oppurtunity that comes by you.

5. I will admit I was a bit put off by the fact that they have a spy in T*F, however, the copied sentence was a forum message, not a circular.

6. As a duke, I am not stupid enough to hinder half the tribes growth like that. 5 very good positioned villages right next to you within your church radius...think you would happily NAP with that?

7. I think I'm repeating a lot of my points...

1. So why did you NAP them if they were nobling your farms?

2. No it wouldnt be smart to declare war i suppose, but that doesnt mean you need an NAP.

3. i get the feeling thats the cover story, OP got hacked. Maybe it was you guys who did it just so you could have a story. You seem to be so dishonest it honestly wouldnt suprise me.

4. Thats 3 reasons not the 2. But why did you want to keep the NAP and attack them? Were you guys scared of a little incoming.

5. Come on did that really suprise you? The lack of honesty with your players would you really not expect spies ect.. and it was OP who sent mass mails for spies in LEGEND on the day he declared war so why would it matter, its part of the game as youd say.

6. ''think you would happily NAP with that?'' Erm you kind of did. Thats what this topic is about. For a duke of your tribe your not very bright are you. But whats worse is you intended to keep the NAP and just make storys up as to why you attacked. Again were you scared of a little incoming?

7. You think? That actually came as a shock. Don't think too hard will you though. I don't think the few braincells left would be able to cope with much thought.

8. strategy. What you did wasnt strategy. NAP, attack, say it was an accident. No that wasn't strategy. Diplomacy can be startegy, but your just killing diplomacy for yourselves. Making nobody trust you.

And for everyone saying NAP's get broken all the time. I agree they do.

But T*F said to there members that theyll make a story to keep the NAP. In which case they never intended to break the NAP.

DeletedUser

Every tribe has people who don't read their forums, hence NAP's are accidentally broken by players who don't read forums.

And those are the most retarded people in tribal wars. No forum reading = no organisation = exactly what I need to bring a Tribe to it's knees :>.

Look at hidden for example. I take one of their villages, instead of attacking me or defending him in time, they don't even realize what's happening, they start threatening me, THEN (when it is already to late, when the village is already mine) they defend the village (! I'm not joking here !), and THEN they attack that village with less then 100 troops each wave.
That's what happens when your organisation is shit, and your members don't even bother to read a forum once in a while :>.

DeletedUser

T*F is too organised to not read their forums so that ones out

DeletedUser

Not representing T*F, or my ideals behind T*F, but regarding the mistrust everyone seems to be openly saying about T*F.

This situation causes a lot of mistrust, however, it also allows stronger alliances later, for those who take up these alliances will ensure there are no unfriendly dealings with T*F, and a closer bond will be more likely to be formed.

Aka, it all helps with strategy.

My big round ****. I rather believe an effing snake on coke then you guys after what I've heard.
You make confederacies and naps just for your own sake. If a nap or confederacy cannot be beneficial to one another then there is no use for such commitment.

What you guys DID wasn't that bad or wrong perhaps, but it seriously damaged your reputation as an organised/diplomatic tribe.

spleen mage

- You could have kept them neutral? What does forming a NAP solve; now they'd just noble closer to you while under your protection.

- Fair enough.

- You just showed the entire world while it it would be foolish for any tribe to Ally/NAP with you.

- You did.

- Reputation/Trustworthyness does matter on this game. If no-one wants to ally/NAP with you, since you've proved yourself too opportunistic time and time again, then eventually you'l end up subject to a good 'ol gang bang, with no friends to watch your back.

You're ignoring the point though; I never once questioned the reasons for you making a NAP.

The point is, whether you like it or not, you still had a NAP, even if it didn't benefit you (though you made it, so that's your problem). If you wanted to cancel it, you could have easily done so; you could have even attacked them, and when they asked why, you could have mentioned you were terminating the NAP. Instead you chose to keep the NAP while nobling their members, and making up excuses to fob them off.

You have shown that you don't take seriously your diplomatic relations. How is any tribe meant to form any relations with you, when they now as soon as their back is turned you might try and get one up on them? Of course you could give them your word that you wouldn't, but at the moment, your word counts for nothing.

What I found perhaps the most worrying, was this point.

Let me clear this up. Kebabe was in no way related to this at all. He had no say in this move made by ME, and ME only.

At least before, I figured that while OP/Kebabe may not be trustworthy, some of the other T*F leadership might be. Turns out you're all the same.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

- You could have kept them neutral? What does forming a NAP solve; now they'd just noble closer to you while under your protection.

- Fair enough.

- You just showed the entire world while it it would be foolish for any tribe to Ally/NAP with you.

- You did.

- Reputation/Trustworthyness does matter on this game. If no-one wants to ally/NAP with you, since you've proved yourself too opportunistic time and time again, then eventually you'l end up subject to a good 'ol gang bang, with no friends to watch your back.

You're ignoring the point though; I never once questioned the reasons for you making a NAP.

The point is, whether you like it or not, you still had a NAP, even if it didn't benefit you(though you made it, so that's your problem). If you wanted to cancel it, you could have easily done so; you could have even attacked them, and when thy asked why you could have mentioned you were terminating the NAP. Instead you chose to keep the NAP whiling nobling their members, and making up excusesto fob them off.

You have shown that you don't take seriously your diplomatic relations. How is any tribe meant to form any relations with you, when they now as soon as their back is turned you might try and get one up on them? Of course you could give them your word that you wouldn't, but at the moment, your word counts for nothing.

What I found perhaps the most worrying, was this point.

At least before, I figured that while OP/Kebabe may not be trustworthy, some of the other T*F leadership might be. Turns out you're all the same.

You forgot something my friend: They shown us how weak they are. They need a NAP to bring a smaller Tribe down. They are murderers. And the victim is that last bit of honour they had.

Keep something left of them for me please ^^. They are added on my "wanted" list XD.

techno t

May I point out that this thread nor this forum is about peoples grammar. :icon_neutral:

yeah so it's ok to type illegible sentences because we are all mind readers. Let's all be lazy in our sentence structure, who really cares at the end of the day.

*shakes head at the state of the modern world*

Tell you what, people will start sending in their CV's in text talk next:icon_wink:

techno t

You forgot something my friend: They shown us how weak they are. They need a NAP to bring a smaller Tribe down. They are murderers. And the victim is that last bit of honour they had.

Keep something left of them for me please ^^. They are added on my "wanted" list XD.

Murderers seems a strong word for an online game, maybe devious would be more appropriate:icon_eek: