Implemented Tagging on forum

Do you like this idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Say Bye

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Would be nice if we can tag our tribemates/allies on forum comments. What is needed:

• personal tags (like @Say ByeHi)
  • tribal tags (like @-NF-/@tribe)
  • tagging everyone who can read the forum (like @all/@everyone)

Possible feature:

• rank tags (like @aristocracy)
  • leadership generated tags (leaders should be able to make own tags for the tribe like @north/@south/@mid etc)

We need some information about tagging, like reports, or generated messages. Most of the people don't check tribal forum frequently, but this feature can help a bit not to miss important comments.

One Last Shot...

Contributing Poster
Reaction score
Love this suggestion!

To cover all bases, in personal tribe settings it would be great to have the option to disable these notifications :)

A potential way of applying the idea:

Where the ingame icon/word says tribe and we see a new post icon appear, a number could show how many tags you haven't yet seen.

The relevant subforums and threads where you have been tagged could be highlighted (so it doesn't change lengths of subforum bars because of the visual headaches it would cause when the subforums inevitably move onto different lines).

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Good idea. I dont know if this is enough to save the built-in forums from being dead.

In all recent worlds I have played we mostly used Discord for faster communication, unfortunately even for important stuff like snipes coordination.

This feature is good anyway. One thing tho is that this needs to be only be forum related should not send like mails to tagged people or this could be part of some bot.

Think for example I ask the tribe for a snipe and tag my tribe. All my tribe members get an email notification that they have been tagged and on that mail they have forum thread that was posted with snipe request info.

It does not take much to make that a bot so okay for the feature. No to email notifications (if they where even thought on this feature).

SwedishBlueCheese

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
All my tribes use ingame for snipes and stacks. Just easier to not have to copy between discord and ingame. Would be easy to just @ the ones that you know are close to you and can fit into the timeframe

Make it give you a report of getting tagged and its even easier to use

RedAlert

Senior In-Game Staff
Tribal Wars Team
Senior
Team
Script Moderator
Reaction score
Definitely, agree and it's a tagging players is a perfect use for this kind of thing.

We sometimes used direct mails to the player, this forum tagging feature can replace that.

JawJaw

Awesomest CM Ever
Reaction score
There is a similar ongoing internal project where I raised this suggestion, so I'll consider this as 'submitted'

DS-22505