taking Siggy requests

• Thread starter DeletedUser96310
  • Start date

DeletedUser

If people want to pay, and know the quality of the work before paying, there is no problem.

DeletedUser96310

I am not bashing his work, I think gfx makers can learn from each other that's why i recommended going to the graphics section of the forum. I am not a pro sig maker but I have learned a lot and improved my work looking at tutorials and asking for comments from veteran makers. One thing I noticed about wave is that he doesn't seem to accept criticism, and he easily gets offended when someone rates his works low. Next time try to take those criticism and use them to learn and improve your work. A piece of advice though... I think you should only seriously take criticism coming from people who knows their craft, well that's what I do.

I'm fine with criticism when its constructive... when some guy comes on to bash and to do so in a passive way then yea.. i get a little defensive. Furthermore, when I spoke with you it was via pm's as to keep things off this thread. I asked you to show us your 80 pixel skill and create a siggy that didn't go spoiler as they are much more difficult to work with then spoiler types and your response was "I don't do them, I don't like them, something of the sorts". Yep, truth is, 80 pixel siggy's make it more difficult to create. (Hence why jubie or whatever his name is, has such a bland and boring siggy)

So... before you spam my thread again I'd kindly ask you to send pm's as there are players here that want a siggy that may not look leet like yours (cough) but are acceptable and rather inexpensive. Another truth is, applying for someone in GFX to assist is like waiting for Christmas, it comes around once per year and you better hope your not away and unable to respond because if you are... well, you'll wait another year.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

lol got the 'GFX'ers that strokeeachother s egos on the graphics forum coming out in force to bash someone doing something with their work. go figure
If you are talking about xofeci27, try to actually read for once because clearly I have never met him before.

I am not bashing his work, I think gfx makers can learn from each other that's why i recommended going to the graphics section of the forum. I am not a pro sig maker but I have learned a lot and improved my work looking at tutorials and asking for comments from veteran makers. One thing I noticed about wave is that he doesn't seem to accept criticism, and he easily gets offended when someone rates his works low. Next time try to take those criticism and use them to learn and improve your work. A piece of advice though... I think you should only seriously take criticism coming from people who knows their craft, well that's what I do.
Pretty much says most of it. Wave could learn a thing or too.

lol, what a crock from all you experts (umm... Jubie and xofeci27)

if offended by my thread and willing to make siggy's for free, well... then make your thread. if not... then be gone.... i've currently a list of 6 more players asking for siggys and they never get just one.. in fact, i usually end up doing 4 or more versions and let them decide what "if" any they want and I don't accept payment until they are happy.

so again, where is the harm in that? now... if you all are such super awesome siggy makers that are willing to spend a couple hours on each and not charge then go for it.... I personally enjoy working on them while also gaming and at a $1 a siggy, well... I don't see that as overly excessive. I guess if your doing for free then maybe "you" and your cronies might agree. Anyway.. I've farms to send and other siggy's to work on. Enjoy your slanderous day/evening/ways.

Doing 4 versions? You are joking right? By doing 4, are you talking about changing the color or adding even more blur? That take less than 10 seconds to do to the original template.

I surely hope slapping two renders onto a colored background and throwing in enough text to not fit the sig counts as a couple hours of work.

try to check the graphics section of the forum to see the difference in quality. there are tutorials there too.

^this but there is too much pride and ego in here for that

If people want to pay, and know the quality of the work before paying, there is no problem.

The problem is that they don't realize the quality...

I'm fine with criticism when its constructive... when some guy comes on to bash and to do so in a passive way then yea.. i get a little defensive. Furthermore, when I spoke with you it was via pm's as to keep things off this thread. I asked you to show us your 80 pixel skill and create a siggy that didn't go spoiler as they are much more difficult to work with then spoiler types and your response was "I don't do them, I don't like them, something of the sorts". Yep, truth is, 80 pixel siggy's make it more difficult to create. (Hence why jubie or whatever his name is, has such a bland and boring siggy)

80 pixel sigs have their vast limitations because of their size, but sigs the size of xofeci27 are typically considered better sigs around the internet since most forums and websites allow large scale images. Plus, sigs created by someone who understand photoshop and other programs other than GIMP typically create a lot nicer sigs.

My sig is simple, not boring, for a reason. I actually demonstrate the correct way to a transparent sig, unlike the things I have seen made by you. When making a transparent sig, do not show us the border line of the sig, text, or render. That ruins the transparent look. Your current sig is an excellent example of this with most of your renders being cutoff by the border that is suppose to be nonexistent.

DeletedUser

Keep it clean, guys. No political insults and no spelling/grammar flames.

DeletedUser94677

So... before you spam my thread again I'd kindly ask you to send pm's as there are players here that want a siggy that may not look leet like yours (cough) but are acceptable and rather inexpensive. Another truth is, applying for someone in GFX to assist is like waiting for Christmas, it comes around once per year and you better hope your not away and unable to respond because if you are... well, you'll wait another year.

Anyway, lets end this silly conversation. It'll end sooner or later.
You were merely being advised to practice a bit more before attempting to sell what you call "siggies".
You took it too personal and acted like a little child.
Just take the advice and hush.
Jubei, as much as I agree with you, your point has been noted.
You merely wished to inform the customers that they can get better quality for what they're paying.
You have no need to continue this conversation and thus we should all end this topic.

DeletedUser96310

lol... another GFX'er getting his panties in a bunch... lol

if you all weren't so freaking lazy then i wouldn't have this thread.... i noticed your rainbow friend didn't criticize your .gif sig for being cut off. but then its not transparent so i guess thats ok... jubei or whatever is from now on my rainbow guy. guess anytime i have a question about rainbows he'll be the one to message, yes?

DeletedUser94677

lol... another GFX'er getting his panties in a bunch... lol
?

I don't hang around GFX and have no connection to it besides having a few friends in it.
You should probably research things before making such accusations.
I'm not as you said, "getting my panties in a bunch".
I merely felt this is an unneeded argument and felt it would be better for everyone if you both just "Shut up"
I've spoken to Bill and he'll stop, so why don't you step up like the big boys.

DeletedUser

Waves can charge whatever he wants as long as people will pay for it. Saying his work shouldn't be paid for is just looking for an argument, it holds no purpose.

DeletedUser106856

How much pp would it cost to just change 1 of the names on my Siggy from Jonnie to Marsak o_O

I'm just posting here for the lulz.

Well you got them :D lol

DeletedUser

I think your sigs are too cartoony. They look like they took 0 work whatsoever.

Your work is not clean, nor is it stylish.

Keep it simple. The growing trend in marketing shows that minimalistic artwork is on the rise. Don't crowd so much into a single signature. Use stronger contrasts and less bright and cheery colors.

DeletedUser

Mine isn't cluttered with text, it's all part of a general theme.

Also, your sig uses a bad font and your white rose needs some touching up.

DeletedUser

I just threw this together for you. Feedback?

rosatestsig.png

DeletedUser

I think your sigs are too cartoony. They look like they took 0 work whatsoever.

Your work is not clean, nor is it stylish.

Keep it simple. The growing trend in marketing shows that minimalistic artwork is on the rise. Don't crowd so much into a single signature. Use stronger contrasts and less bright and cheery colors.

Your signature is ugly. Can I have a free one now?