Talk to the MOD

DeletedUser

Did nobody tell you guys it is sunny out there and it is time to sit in the garden and barbecue... ;)

DeletedUser

i was, then had piano lesson, got a barbie going on with the neighbours later.

on another note, we are w17 we have no life :D

DeletedUser

Did nobody tell you guys it is sunny out there and it is time to sit in the garden and barbecue... ;)

Sitting on my porch with beer...No barbeque yet :( its only 1 o clock...And I have to work in 3 hours :icon_sad:

DeletedUser

Yea we are still dont even ,they have you ;)

It's like if I'd say that Wisdom having senior in-game staff members in their high aristocracy should help a lot as well - and then it's granted that you indeed have those in-game staff members, while Badlapje still infract our members as much as yours and isn't playing on W17 at all. I mean, do you really want to "make fun" around these subjects?

I still have Shinra's mails describing how Wisdom were using it's admins for their own advantage; and regardless if any of these accusations were true or not, it seems standards are flexible in BoM leadership considering who you are ironically closely allied with at the moment. :icon_wink:

So just rather drop this subject, and continue posting random "funny posts", right?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

It's like if I'd say that Wisdom having senior in-game staff members in their high aristocracy should help a lot as well - and then it's granted that you indeed have those in-game staff members, while Badlapje still infract our members as much as yours and isn't playing on W17 at all. I mean, do you really want to "make fun" around these subjects?

Well i am sure that we can argue about this . They didnt help wisdom when they were arguing with you guys . On other hand Badlapje took side.

DeletedUser

nice story, but how are the odds now even?

Shouldn’t a Mod keep shtum and just comment on infractions and such like?

Comments like this might make people think they is some bias..

No doubt I will get infracted for this post.. ** sigh**

So on topic… Good luck with the war everyone; we have all been planning for this one for weeks! :D

DeletedUser

Badlapje was curious as to how the first post meant it was now a fair war - a fair question.

Being a Moderator doesn't stop people from asking questions.

DeletedUser

moved these posts here as it's a discussion that has nothing to do with the thread it came from. FYI Ampra: i was just wondering how the sides were now even (i liked the story, but i honestly didn't see a decent description of which side was now warring which side and hence also not how it's even. Looked to me like you were just - very late at that - pointing out how Mojo joined the BH family. Seems i had that wrong?)

As to the subject of discussion. Being a moderator means i need to keep personal preferences out of the judgement on whether or not someone is breaking forum rules or not. It in no way stops me from asking questions or participating in offtopic conversations. What i don't do is take part in political discussions concerning w17 politics.

When i ask for clarification this is not ment to pick a side, it's simply because my job is to read everything in these forums and see whether or not it breaks the rules. I find this is easier if i also understand the political realities at play here. It's not up to me to agree or disagree with those realities, but knowing them makes it easier to see why a topic evolves and where the risks are for it going offtopic or not, whether or not some of the comments made are in fact on topic or offtopic.

Eg. In the map thread a while back Whipped suddenly made a remark along the lines of "yay for beer". If i hadn't checked the list of tribes on W17 then i wouldn't have known that a new tribe with the tag BEER and i'd have infracted him for an offtopic post (good thing i wasn't in a rush :icon_razz:).

Eg. a while back there was a whole discussion between Wisdom F and BA in a thread about neither. Whilst as such it did not pertain to the topic the thread itself was about, it did bear relevance to it and was the result of an on-topic statement in that thread which then got contested by the other side. I even got congrats from Inty on my call to not infract for offtopicness on that one.

If you believe that a call i make is biased, then the place to present your case is my elder moderator, atm Lucifyr. If you're not happy with how he handles your case you can go to Jirki88, the boss of bosses among us forum moderators. To date, nobody complaining about me has been found to have a good enough case.

In conclusion: i resent the implication that i took a side in that conflict. I merely looked at the behaviour of the members on both sides of the fence and i infracted on both sides. One side took the infractions as a sign to change their posting habits, the other took it as a sign that i'm biased. Life's funny that way.

DeletedUser

moved these posts here as it's a discussion that has nothing to do with the thread it came from. FYI Ampra: i was just wondering how the sides were now even (i liked the story, but i honestly didn't see a decent description of which side was now warring which side and hence also not how it's even. Looked to me like you were just - very late at that - pointing out how Mojo joined the BH family. Seems i had that wrong?)

As to the subject of discussion. Being a moderator means i need to keep personal preferences out of the judgement on whether or not someone is breaking forum rules or not. It in no way stops me from asking questions or participating in offtopic conversations. What i don't do is take part in political discussions concerning w17 politics.

When i ask for clarification this is not ment to pick a side, it's simply because my job is to read everything in these forums and see whether or not it breaks the rules. I find this is easier if i also understand the political realities at play here. It's not up to me to agree or disagree with those realities, but knowing them makes it easier to see why a topic evolves and where the risks are for it going offtopic or not, whether or not some of the comments made are in fact on topic or offtopic.

Eg. In the map thread a while back Whipped suddenly made a remark along the lines of "yay for beer". If i hadn't checked the list of tribes on W17 then i wouldn't have known that a new tribe with the tag BEER and i'd have infracted him for an offtopic post (good thing i wasn't in a rush :icon_razz:).

Eg. a while back there was a whole discussion between Wisdom F and BA in a thread about neither. Whilst as such it did not pertain to the topic the thread itself was about, it did bear relevance to it and was the result of an on-topic statement in that thread which then got contested by the other side. I even got congrats from Inty on my call to not infract for offtopicness on that one.

If you believe that a call i make is biased, then the place to present your case is my elder moderator, atm Lucifyr. If you're not happy with how he handles your case you can go to Jirki88, the boss of bosses among us forum moderators. To date, nobody complaining about me has been found to have a good enough case.

In conclusion: i resent the implication that i took a side in that conflict. I merely looked at the behaviour of the members on both sides of the fence and i infracted on both sides. One side took the infractions as a sign to change their posting habits, the other took it as a sign that i'm biased. Life's funny that way.

QFT!

badlapje ftw!

You are the best modder we've had :)
I prefer your error carried forward technique

netjakdim

You posted quite a bit there sir however I see this as the most relevant to the statement I am about to make.
I think it is awesome that you have actually taken concern in our world instead of it just being a forum to infract people and throw around power.
We have stated in the past that we have chased off mod after mod and I even was wanting to start a poll when you were first appointed to us on how long before we ran you off. Now I see you try to keep up with things going on and it makes me realize that maybe you are going to be around for awhile which I think is awesome becuase now I can pay attention and see what you find infractable and just how close to the line I can come. It helps much more to have consistency then changing mods every month and having to readapt as what one person would let slide the next mod might ban you from the forums for.

As for the few folks that just decided to quit posting I believe that was in poor taste in my oppinion it kind of rates up there with what Storm did to their supposed friends and tribemates by deleting and leaving them to fend for themselves. This is just a game and there usually has to be 2 opposing sides to play even in the PNP.