Tardis misteriously disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

As i predicted, you run to another thread so people can't follow it decently.

Your entire post only needs a simple answer: time-management. If you can't control getting sucked in deeper then you really need to learn how to prioritize. And right now, any fool would tell you that priorities for playing would be to help out those who can use the hand where they need it ... ingame.

If being around people I have a strong, personal affinity to draws me in, then how does time management have anything to do with playing alongside those people? Unless you are telling me to get over it, learn to not get dragged in too deep? But thats a question of self control, not time management, and isn't that advice a bit too personal for these forums, particularly given the nature of your posts?

Further, you said that maybe if I were in game instead of on these forums, I would not have had a debate with Bad. A more accurate analogy would be to say, maybe if I don't post, Parm and yourself won't attack me. But then, I am not going to stop posting for fear of your reactions.

As for running to another thread, I found the best way to resolve that issue. Just click this link. Consider it like a spoiler to save space. And hey, waddya know, I posted my response in this thread.

Oh, and this is my thought on everythign you've done here Bad:
Two things really stand out in my mind the most with this: 1. that Badlapje felt the need to barrage me with slander and insults, and 2. that nothing in his posts had anything to do with my debate with Parmenion. This implies that Badlap either has nothing valid to add to Parmenion's case, or that something inspired him to attack me. Does this denote that Parm's case is failing, and Bad wanted desperately to sway the public view through political attacks to hide this fact? Or does this indicate that something I said offended Badlapje, inspiring an act of anger?

Something tells me, Bad just wanted to hit me, and did the best he could over the forums.

EDIT: There was an on topic post here, but Soldier deleted the post I responded to, so this is all that's left. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You clearly implied some other person/s had sat the GuardianFER account...Who are they, what did they do and why did you pass the account to them?

I'm with Cru. Inquiring minds want to know Soldier.

:icon_eek: Damn!
This is almost as long as the post that broke me into w30 PnP. :icon_cool:

Heh, check it again, I just added more. :lol:

*Atraeus suddenly drops; all is still and quiet save the muted snores escaping his drooling mouth*

SkyHawk3

Must be a special occasion ..

I'm not much of a pyschologist as I only did Pysch 101 but I'm afraid that Dairyboy seems to have taken the opportunity to go nova when the his star may have been fading anyway.

Honestly .. GREEN????? Green was a coalition of active survivors in K27 K37-38 47 etc a few odds and ends. How could anyone feel aggrieved about the dissolution of this tribe. Seriously, in the absence of any reliable evidence it would seem that SFC took his chance to be either atone for a past grievance or simply to exit with a bang .. I find it curious that everyone has taken it so seriously. Apart from Kriv who may have taken some losses ( my apologies if you SFC did undermine your D) ..

Clearly .. it would have been more advantageous in the longer term for him to have become a spy for the likes of BD (not that they need it .. but it would have been helpful nonetheless) ..

No .. if there were any undertones to his actions crickey .. let's all hope we have good life expectancies .. I read the whole post and apart from the obvious clash of personalties .. saw nothing of merit in SFC posts or actions ..

Actually want prompted my dalliance with PNP is the multiple blocked virus message I got after attempting to log in to PNP for Exploit.PDF-JS.Gen .. is this normal?? I had no other windows open so whilst I cant immediately trace the source does a file RS2J76OI mean anything if a mod is reading?

DeletedUser59451

Close this thread so this idiot doesn't get anymore attention. We are all here for fun, and some people try their best to ruin it for everyone. As far as i'm concerned, Tardis had piss all to do with green disbanding but I don't know all the facts so I will keep my mouth shut on that, but revenge in that low a way is just well.... low. And quite sad that you went 'undercover' or whatever you did for so long just to get your revenge, and inturrupted one of the best wars I have been in during my whole time playing tw. I wish all you nubs at the rim would go away while us real players could play properly in the core:icon_confused:

DeletedUser

Heh, check it again, I just added more. :lol:

*Atraeus suddenly drops; all is still and quiet save the muted snores escaping his drooling mouth*[/QUOTE]

I apologies. You are the king of the text-wall :icon_eek:

If I were you I'd sleep for a few days!!

DeletedUser

If being around people I have a strong, personal affinity to draws me in, then how does time management have anything to do with playing alongside those people? Unless you are telling me to get over it, learn to not get dragged in too deep? But thats a question of self control, not time management, and isn't that advice a bit too personal for these forums, particularly given the nature of your posts?

Time-management will help you to resolve getting sucked in, indeed. For one if i manage my time i won't open a browser to look at this site at all ... unless i have time to spare to do so. If you know you get sucked in deeper then you want when you come look here the solution is simple: don't come look here.

IF you do have spare time then prioritising will make it pretty darned obvious that sitting for a 200 point account on a new world is less of a priority then sitting for an account in decide/dn that needs someone to just keep watch (and really it's just logging in once/hour for 5 secs if nothing happens) or take over a permsat on the backline that's past or near 60 days (get the old owner to give you the pass and log in to change it then just queue building/troops and send them out). Either one of those things'll be of a higher importance to DN/Decide then what you are choosing to do atm.

Further, you said that maybe if I were in game instead of on these forums, I would not have had a debate with Bad. A more accurate analogy would be to say, maybe if I don't post, Parm and yourself won't attack me. But then, I am not going to stop posting for fear of your reactions.

Uhm no. I said that this entire problem might not have happened. If you had been in game then perhaps, just perhaps, you would have sat for Sam rather then Soldier. Or someone else would have been less tired of sitting and been online to sit for Sam rather then Soldier. Seems like you are definitely online round the time this debacle took place.

As for running to another thread, I found the best way to resolve that issue. Just click this link. Consider it like a spoiler to save space. And hey, waddya know, I posted my response in this thread.

Wow, you really proved me wrong of going to another thread there. Boy o boy do i feel dumb now. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

@Atraeus: i'm not going to continue this debate here. If you can't stick to the original post then there's no reason for me to push the "view post" button.
Explain the difference Bad. Viewing a point is still viewing a point. All I see is you saying that you refuse to read my response simply because it isn't where you want it to be. You will not dignify the fact that I responded unless it fits some pointless expectation.

That's a cop-out.

But I will entertain it and even post it here with the rest of your other posts, because nobody is posting in this thread anymore, because the mods obviously condone it (unless they are not checking this world), but most importantly, because I think you are wrong. You are wrong to attack me like you have, almost as if it is personal, and you are wrong to try to use my time spent on this game to paint me black, as you might say.
Time-management will help you to resolve getting sucked in, indeed. For one if i manage my time i won't open a browser to look at this site at all ... unless i have time to spare to do so. If you know you get sucked in deeper then you want when you come look here the solution is simple: don't come look here.

IF you do have spare time then prioritising will make it pretty darned obvious that sitting for a 200 point account on a new world is less of a priority then sitting for an account in decide/dn that needs someone to just keep watch (and really it's just logging in once/hour for 5 secs if nothing happens) or take over a permsat on the backline that's past or near 60 days (get the old owner to give you the pass and log in to change it then just queue building/troops and send them out). Either one of those things'll be of a higher importance to DN/Decide then what you are choosing to do atm.
Again, its not about having enough time. Not anymore. The fact that you've stuck with this either indicates that you are ignoring my point or are twisting it to make me look like I abandoned my friends. My friends know me, and they know why I play this game like I do now, but sadly, the rest of the world doesn't, and its them that you are trying to sway.

So to to clarify again, and give myself a fair trial: getting "sucked-in" is a question of self control. Say you have a few hours to play. The game itself is fun, and you play it during that time that you have. But say an aspect of the game draws you in. This is no longer about having fun, it becomes something more meaningful. Something more serious. Then it is a matter of controlling yourself to stop when you should; to not log in when you shouldn't. This is a question of self control. In one case, a 200 point village is fun and interesting, and easy to put down. In another case, a tribe that I am emotionally attached to on a level that extends outside of this game, to the point of a passion, is much harder to resist. That is why I avoid playing with Decide or Tardis.

In addition, while it has little to do with my reason for not playing a Decide account, another fact is the expectation. This game picks when you need to play it. Its not like Modern Warfare 2, where you just turn on the x-box when you feel like playing some, and nothing happens if you go a few days without thinking about it. Here, in order to keep your account surviving, and successful, you have to come when the enemies attack, when the farming troops get back, when the buildings need upgrading. The beauty about Xinryr's account is that I can log in when I have time, with no worries about not being there when I don't. Its his account, not ours. But it is an opportunity to have a some fun in game without getting tied down, and more importantly to me, an opportunity to get to know some people I've met on this world without political bias getting in the way. And they are all well aware that this is temporary anyway.
Uhm no. I said that this entire problem might not have happened. If you had been in game then perhaps, just perhaps, you would have sat for Sam rather then Soldier. Or someone else would have been less tired of sitting and been online to sit for Sam rather then Soldier. Seems like you are definitely online round the time this debacle took place.
This is true. I won't disagree that I could have stopped it, given that I would have been around at the time (to the best of my knowledge I wasn't, but its possible that I could have been). I'm not going to argue with that. I will agree that ideally, the best place for me is playing an account in Decide, spending every ounce of my free time supporting them, and utilizing the self control needed to not get dragged in too deep. I am certainly not behaving in the ideal optimum manner in which I could, had I the self control I admit to not having. But I will argue that you are wrong to judge me for this like you do, and to use it to discredit me publicly for, as far as I can see, nothing more than to either protect your tribe from my PnP or a personal vendetta.

You make it seem like I am doing nothing for my friends, yet you ignore the fact that I continue to support and defend them here, where, as I said earlier, it is far less easy to get dragged in. You also neglect the fact that I offer them personal support and encouragement. In fact, the only thing I don't do is play in game. You choose to focus on what I do wrong, while ignoring what I do right, and refuse to accept my reason for it. If this were a reasonable discussion, than I would say that's fine, its your prerogative to see me however you want. But its not; its a political attack. In that, I see it as wrong.
Wow, you really proved me wrong of going to another thread there. Boy o boy do i feel dumb now. :icon_rolleyes:
I didn't set out to prove anything Bad, I was offering a middle ground. My tone was sardonic as a result of what is a blatant personal attack. Being an offer for a middle ground, I find your response unreasonably asinine.

DeletedUser

Explain the difference Bad. Viewing a point is still viewing a point. All I see is you saying that you refuse to read my response simply because it isn't where you want it to be. You will not dignify the fact that I responded unless it fits some pointless expectation.

That's a cop-out.

Simple: i see no reason whatsoever to switch threads for this debate other then for one reason and that is to make it harder for people to read back and make up their mind. Unless i see a valid reason to switch threads i won't follow. If there is a valid reason to switch threads then a new one should be made for it, not adding it to another thread which has a discussion that has nothing to do with what the one you have going on with me here or with parm here.

You are wrong to attack me like you have, almost as if it is personal, and you are wrong to try to use my time spent on this game to paint me black, as you might say.

Get over yourself. You are not a victim here. You are presenting your views i'm presenting mine. I could as easily accuse you of trying to paint me and my tribesmates black. The bottom line is that i present my views and nothing more. You are more then eloquent enough to be able to present your counterpoints in such a way as to be clear to any who read this thread (or any other for that matter). The technique of blaming me to have a vendetta against you is a common one (interestingly also commonly employed by politicians), but the simple truth is that the reason i reply to your posts is because you present a point i wish to address. And like the spindoctor you are you just have to keep replying which then in turn prompts me to reply and so on. We've been over this a number of times now.

Again, its not about having enough time. Not anymore. The fact that you've stuck with this either indicates that you are ignoring my point or are twisting it to make me look like I abandoned my friends. My friends know me, and they know why I play this game like I do now, but sadly, the rest of the world doesn't, and its them that you are trying to sway.

So to to clarify again, and give myself a fair trial: getting "sucked-in" is a question of self control. Say you have a few hours to play. The game itself is fun, and you play it during that time that you have. But say an aspect of the game draws you in. This is no longer about having fun, it becomes something more meaningful. Something more serious. Then it is a matter of controlling yourself to stop when you should; to not log in when you shouldn't. This is a question of self control. In one case, a 200 point village is fun and interesting, and easy to put down. In another case, a tribe that I am emotionally attached to on a level that extends outside of this game, to the point of a passion, is much harder to resist. That is why I avoid playing with Decide or Tardis.

So to summarize. Because you have such strong positive feelings for decide and tardis you cannot help them out in any meaningful way ingame because you would be unable to get enough sleep and get your work done and whatnot. In that case: grow a backbone and learn to close the window for TW when you need to work and whatever. Lots of us do this, it's not that hard at all. Oh, and lay off alcohol: if you can't say no to TW you won't be able to say no to booze&drugs either. Oh, and don't do sex, people get addicted to that too.

In addition, while it has little to do with my reason for not playing a Decide account, another fact is the expectation. This game picks when you need to play it. Its not like Modern Warfare 2, where you just turn on the x-box when you feel like playing some, and nothing happens if you go a few days without thinking about it. Here, in order to keep your account surviving, and successful, you have to come when the enemies attack, when the farming troops get back, when the buildings need upgrading. The beauty about Xinryr's account is that I can log in when I have time, with no worries about not being there when I don't. Its his account, not ours. But it is an opportunity to have a some fun in game without getting tied down, and more importantly to me, an opportunity to get to know some people I've met on this world without political bias getting in the way. And they are all well aware that this is temporary anyway.

emphasis added above. As i said: to me this means you choose to not help your friends because it means a commitment. It is your choice, but i will keep pointing it out as long as you find it necessary to post on these boards thinking that this is actually a help to DN/Decide worth mentioning. It is not. Both those tribes are atm going down the drain (as sad as it is to have to say that about DN). They are in need of people helping them to manage the accounts in game. They are not in need for forum trolls who get offended easily.

I've played with several players before who bailed as soon as things got hairy. Or who only play in the start of a world and as soon as an account gets past 500k - 1 mil bail out. To me if you make a commitment to join a tribe you put in the time you have. RL can take people away and i won't fault them for that. But if you quit, then quit. If you don't, then you help out with the time you have (coplay or whatever). You however choose to stay in a sort of grey area where you feel it perfectly fine to spend a lot of time on the forum and do absolutely zilch in game. Even more: you feel the need to spend a lot of time in this thread which would not have existed had you been there for your friends IN GAME.

This is true. I won't disagree that I could have stopped it, given that I would have been around at the time (to the best of my knowledge I wasn't, but its possible that I could have been). I'm not going to argue with that. I will agree that ideally, the best place for me is playing an account in Decide, spending every ounce of my free time supporting them, and utilizing the self control needed to not get dragged in too deep. I am certainly not behaving in the ideal optimum manner in which I could, had I the self control I admit to not having. But I will argue that you are wrong to judge me for this like you do, and to use it to discredit me publicly for, as far as I can see, nothing more than to either protect your tribe from my PnP or a personal vendetta.

Cry me a river why don't you. Boohoo, big bad Badlapje is picking on me pointing out things i'd rather have under rug swept. If you wouldn't post here as if you don't have the time to play i wouldn't have to point this out. You - from your admittance in the post i'm replying to right now - DO have the time to play, just not the mental self-control to keep the time you spend on it within bounds.

But hey, we just disagreed that you could have actually prevented the entire tragedy that befell tardis. Us agreeing, that calls for a celebration!

You make it seem like I am doing nothing for my friends, yet you ignore the fact that I continue to support and defend them here, where, as I said earlier, it is far less easy to get dragged in. You also neglect the fact that I offer them personal support and encouragement. In fact, the only thing I don't do is play in game. You choose to focus on what I do wrong, while ignoring what I do right, and refuse to accept my reason for it. If this were a reasonable discussion, than I would say that's fine, its your prerogative to see me however you want. But its not; its a political attack. In that, I see it as wrong.

I'm sure they are very happy with all the personal support and encouragement. I know that there is nothing i love more then someone trolling the forums speaking up for me when i really need a sitter in game and he could have done it if he had actually bothered to log in :icon_rolleyes:

xinryr

emphasis added above. As i said: to me this means you choose to not help your friends because it means a commitment. It is your choice, but i will keep pointing it out as long as you find it necessary to post on these boards thinking that this is actually a help to DN/Decide worth mentioning. It is not. Both those tribes are atm going down the drain (as sad as it is to have to say that about DN). They are in need of people helping them to manage the accounts in game. They are not in need for forum trolls who get offended easily.

I've played with several players before who bailed as soon as things got hairy. Or who only play in the start of a world and as soon as an account gets past 500k - 1 mil bail out. To me if you make a commitment to join a tribe you put in the time you have. RL can take people away and i won't fault them for that. But if you quit, then quit. If you don't, then you help out with the time you have (coplay or whatever). You however choose to stay in a sort of grey area where you feel it perfectly fine to spend a lot of time on the forum and do absolutely zilch in game. Even more: you feel the need to spend a lot of time in this thread which would not have existed had you been there for your friends IN GAME.

Wait...so the thread about [DN] disbanding wouldn't have existed if atraeus had been in game? So it's his fault that they disbanded? I've been waiting for someone to blame him :lol:

Cry me a river why don't you. Boohoo, big bad Badlapje is picking on me pointing out things i'd rather have under rug swept. If you wouldn't post here as if you don't have the time to play i wouldn't have to point this out. You - from your admittance in the post i'm replying to right now - DO have the time to play, just not the mental self-control to keep the time you spend on it within bounds.

I'm sure they are very happy with all the personal support and encouragement. I know that there is nothing i love more then someone trolling the forums speaking up for me when i really need a sitter in game and he could have done it if he had actually bothered to log in :icon_rolleyes:

Just to clarify (again...) he hasn't done much on my account other than a couple farming runs in between being a housewife/husband/writer. I use the term coplayer loosely, he's more of a random login guy if anything. That's not to say he hasn't helped me, but that his play times have been mercurial and unreliable at best, must like his pnp times. And I'm sorry, but a text wall doesn't take long to write.

-.-

Apparently I take a while to write stuff, you guys had time to hit each other some more :D

DeletedUser

Simple: i see no reason whatsoever to switch threads for this debate other then for one reason and that is to make it harder for people to read back and make up their mind. Unless i see a valid reason to switch threads i won't follow. If there is a valid reason to switch threads then a new one should be made for it, not adding it to another thread which has a discussion that has nothing to do with what the one you have going on with me here or with parm here.

I think not spamming with off topic BS is a good reason. And you say another thread should be made for it, even though you accuse me of running at the thought of making another thread. Make up your mind Bad. Anyway, I still think its a cop out.

Get over yourself. You are not a victim here. You are presenting your views i'm presenting mine. I could as easily accuse you of trying to paint me and my tribesmates black. The bottom line is that i present my views and nothing more. You are more then eloquent enough to be able to present your counterpoints in such a way as to be clear to any who read this thread (or any other for that matter). The technique of blaming me to have a vendetta against you is a common one (interestingly also commonly employed by politicians), but the simple truth is that the reason i reply to your posts is because you present a point i wish to address. And like the spindoctor you are you just have to keep replying which then in turn prompts me to reply and so on. We've been over this a number of times now.

Oh, I know why you keep posting, you aren't done with what you started, and with each response, you have to keep fighting. But that doesn't answer why you started this to begin with. You never told me what brought you onto this thread to attack me like you have been. Was it something I said? :icon_redface:

So to summarize. Because you have such strong positive feelings for decide and tardis you cannot help them out in any meaningful way ingame because you would be unable to get enough sleep and get your work done and whatnot. In that case: grow a backbone and learn to close the window for TW when you need to work and whatever. Lots of us do this, it's not that hard at all. Oh, and lay off alcohol: if you can't say no to TW you won't be able to say no to booze&drugs either. Oh, and don't do sex, people get addicted to that too.

What do you say to something like this? You don't think that's too low of a blow for these PnP's? You want to knock me for having a problem with this, or for anything, even though you know jack about me, and all I see is proof of how low you are willing to go to beat me/discredit me. At first I thought about blocking you for this, since it is no longer about the game, or in-game characters, but something personal in RL, but my curiosity to see how much lower you will go has inspired me to change my mind... Well, that and my impeccable desire to stand up for myself. (For the record, I'm a binge drinking sexaholic... go figure. :lol:)

You are choosing to see commitment as my reason for not playing in-game, even though you addressed the reason just one quote higher? I find your attention span fascinating. Anyway, I do like how you ignored the rest of that point that you quoted. Way to take it out of context Bad. That was not even a leading point of my debate, just a convenient one for you to touch on.

Nevertheless, I'm certainly not afraid of commitment. I'm married, I have children, I stick with my work, my family, and I stuck with Decide in game, as well as out since the start of this world around various RL limitations. But my reasons for not playing with Decide is not grounded on a fear of commitment, as I've already expressed, and my primary interest in playing 46 is almost entirely about getting to know people without the current in-game bias (it was a last minute decision), not to play. You're just picking pieces out and twisting them, while ignoring the rest of my points.

I won't disagree that I'd do more good in game, but I gave my reason for stepping away from the tribe, and you have pointed out why you not only fault my reasoning for it, but you see my actions as wrong. Not much I can say about that, other than there is more to this than you see, and given how you have treated my honesty so far, more than you deserve to see. Flame me Bad, it makes no difference. Whether I live up to your proposed standards has no bearing on whether I am right or wrong here, it's just is a question of whether you can convince people to not like me without knowing who I am.

What are you talking about? I didn't say I didn't have time to play in-game, hell, I even said the opposite in one of the quotes you used! Have you even read them? You just bashed the shit out of me for the reason I did give (keeping it within the limitations I do have), and now you are trying to bash me for a reason I didn't give! :icon_surprised:

Look, I had time issues when I quit, and then things changed. A while later, I got some time, but that time became sporadic, unpredictable. My time is predictable now, but I have tried recently to get back in and proven myself to have troubles keeping myself out of the game when necessary while involved with Decide and Tardis, thus conflicting with real life issues. You jumped my shit for it. I understand I don't live up to your expectations as a player, or a poster, or even a man for that matter, apparently, but my point of saying you are wrong isn't because I don't want to face these problems (I admitted to them, didn't I?) or opinions (knowing what you don't know, I don't agree), or that I think you shouldn't attack me, its because you started this shit without instigation, and for no apparent goal other than to discredit me. This is the PnP's, you are here doing what you do best, but that doesn't make you right.

Though, in my defense, I guess I am enough of a threat, even on PnP, to earn that much. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser71844

Atraeus said:
...its because you started this shit without instigation, and for no apparent goal other than to attack me.

Hey it's Tribalwars, and the forum is a Tribalwars forum too Atraeus. You of all people should know that, surely you will win this debate no? I know no man that can debate like you. Don't let them beat you!

DeletedUser

Hey it's Tribalwars, and the forum is a Tribalwars forum too Atraeus. You of all people should know that, surely you will win this debate no? I know no man that can debate like you. Don't let them beat you!

Heh, I appreciate it. It is TW, and I expect politics and propaganda here, but that doesn't make him right. To be clear, I wasn't complaining, he is welcome to attack me, but there is a motive behind it, and I am still waiting for him to admit why I am deserving of such attention from the impeccable Badlapje. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

Wait...so the thread about [DN] disbanding wouldn't have existed if atraeus had been in game? So it's his fault that they disbanded? I've been waiting for someone to blame him :lol:

He admitted this Xin. I said it might have been avoidable if he had been in game and he said yes to that because had he been in-game then he would have been on at the time Sam asked for a sitter. QED.

DeletedUser

I think not spamming with off topic BS is a good reason. And you say another thread should be made for it, even though you accuse me of running at the thought of making another thread. Make up your mind Bad. Anyway, I still think its a cop out.

Talk about grasping at straws. Let me go through it step by step as i seem to have overestimated your intelligence:
1. it is not offtopic in this thread as it's a continuation of a discussion that started here.
2. if it is offtopic in this thread then a thread should be made for it of it's own because:
a. it then wouldn't be able to remain here
b. it does not belong in the Dung Fu thread any more then it belongs here

Got it now? I'm just helping you maintain your good standing with the mods you obviously care so much about. So be a good boy and post that point by point rebuttal to parm which we're waiting for.

Oh, I know why you keep posting, you aren't done with what you started, and with each response, you have to keep fighting.

double-edged sword there isn't it? That statement could be as easily used on you, your debating quality is going down atraeus :icon_rolleyes: I should point out that this whole debate got started because you felt like replying on the point i made to The Cru and from there on to your playing habits in w46, your posting habits and why you don't play in-game for DN or decide.

What do you say to something like this? You don't think that's too low of a blow for these PnP's? You want to knock me for having a problem with this, or for anything, even though you know jack about me, and all I see is proof of how low you are willing to go to beat me/discredit me. At first I thought about blocking you for this, since it is no longer about the game, or in-game characters, but something personal in RL, but my curiosity to see how much lower you will go has inspired me to change my mind... Well, that and my impeccable desire to stand up for myself. (For the record, I'm a binge drinking sexaholic... go figure. :lol:)

Low blow? Nope. It's the simple truth. I understand it can hurt but you are saying that you can't help in-game because you cannot keep yourself under wraps. So yes: it means you have issues with self-control. Care to dispute that? If so, feel free to retract your own statements and change your story yet again. Until you do though i'm simply basing my argument on what you said.

You are choosing to see commitment as my reason for not playing in-game, even though you addressed the reason just one quote higher? I find your attention span fascinating. Anyway, I do like how you ignored the rest of that point that you quoted. Way to take it out of context Bad. That was not even a leading point of my debate, just a convenient one for you to touch on.

Nevertheless, I'm certainly not afraid of commitment. I'm married, I have children, I stick with my work, my family, and I stuck with Decide in game, as well as out since the start of this world around various RL limitations. But my reasons for not playing with Decide is not grounded on a fear of commitment, as I've already expressed, and my primary interest in playing 46 is almost entirely about getting to know people without the current in-game bias (it was a last minute decision), not to play. You're just picking pieces out and twisting them, while ignoring the rest of my points.

Yes i name it commitment. For me it is commitment to help my tribesmates where it matters, especially in times of need. You apparently find it more important to troll the forums. You have 3 debates going on here where you post more in each one then the average poster does in a year. It is a choice you make. Post here: yes. Help in-game: no.

As to ignoring points: i've addressed all of your points either in the previous post or in one of those before.

What are you talking about? I didn't say I didn't have time to play in-game, hell, I even said the opposite in one of the quotes you used! Have you even read them?

in the very quote that prompted you to say this i point out that you said you have time to play in-game. I'm talking about your victim mentality as if you are the saddest kid around and i'm the mean bully on the block picking on someone who can't defend himself. You are - i'll say it again - one of the most eloquent debaters around. You are fully capable of defending your sad ass yourself. If you post here i see no reason to just sit back and let you spout your drivel. If you have a point i feel like commenting on, i will. Just as do you. We are both equal in our ability to do so, but there is only one of us crying foul because he's running out of excuses.

Look, I had time issues when I quit, and then things changed. A while later, I got some time, but that time became sporadic, unpredictable. My time is predictable now, but I have tried recently to get back in and proven myself to have troubles keeping myself out of the game when necessary while involved with Decide and Tardis, thus conflicting with real life issues.

I find it a very weak excuse. If this is true then you need professional help. More to the point: if this is true then i'd advise you to quit w46 and these forums as well, as you will only see the same thing happen there... the more you get to know people the deeper you'll get sucked in till you see a complete repeat of what happened here. To put it in your words: it will be personal.

DeletedUser59451

He admitted this Xin. I said it might have been avoidable if he had been in game and he said yes to that because had he been in-game then he would have been on at the time Sam asked for a sitter. QED.
Thats just plain silly bad, then blame it on me, because had I been on at the time sam needed a sitter, I could have taken it. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

I admitted to the possibility Bad, read that again. You blatantly twisted my words for a very minuscule gain by making it sound like I would have prevented it without a doubt. I ignored it before, because I thought it was too small to worry about in light of your lower tactics, but for you to reiterate it is pretty pathetic.

DeletedUser

Talk about grasping at straws. Let me go through it step by step as i seem to have overestimated your intelligence:
1. it is not offtopic in this thread as it's a continuation of a discussion that started here.
2. if it is offtopic in this thread then a thread should be made for it of it's own because:
a. it then wouldn't be able to remain here
b. it does not belong in the Dung Fu thread any more then it belongs here

Got it now? I'm just helping you maintain your good standing with the mods you obviously care so much about. So be a good boy and post that point by point rebuttal to parm which we're waiting for.

I don't see how a topic about Soldier disbanding DN has anything to do with how much of a spin-doctor, afraid of commitment, lacking a back-bone, full of crap, not-good-enough-for-Badlap person you claim me to be. I mean, I wasn't a mod or anything, but that doesn't seem on-topic to me. Nothing you are saying here is a continuation of anything relevant to the topic of this thread.

As for the Dung Fu thread, its entire purpose was to give you and me a chance to continue an off-topic debate elsewhere. (When you didn't continue the debate, it became a flame fest where people such as Parmenion attacked me for some of the same stuff you are attacking me for here.) Now, I don't think this is a debate anymore, its more like a which hunt, but it seems to me the kind of thing that would belong on that thread.

double-edged sword there isn't it? That statement could be as easily used on you, your debating quality is going down atraeus :icon_rolleyes: I should point out that this whole debate got started because you felt like replying on the point i made to The Cru and from there on to your playing habits in w46, your posting habits and why you don't play in-game for DN or decide.

Again, this is not a debate. Its a witch hunt. Yet I do find it amusing that you ignored the latter part of that point. You, know, the part where I said "But that doesn't answer why you started this to begin with. You never told me what brought you onto this thread to attack me like you have been. Was it something I said? :icon_redface:"

Why do you keep avoiding this question Badlap? :icon_surprised:

Low blow? Nope. It's the simple truth. I understand it can hurt but you are saying that you can't help in-game because you cannot keep yourself under wraps. So yes: it means you have issues with self-control. Care to dispute that? If so, feel free to retract your own statements and change your story yet again. Until you do though i'm simply basing my argument on what you said.

The thing that I find confusing is that you feel its relevant to this game to attack my personal, RL issues. Its not enough for you to say I'm "ignoring my friends" (paraphrased). You have to attack me as a man, in a manner that is insulting Bad. Now, I don't know you as a person outside of this game, but I would not stoop so low as to insult your RL weaknesses, and give you a brow beating for not being good enough of a person, or some lecture on how you fail in managing your life, just to fulfill an in-game agenda. Say what you will Bad, that's low.

Also, you accuse me of changing my story here. You keep saying this crap without backing it up. You are full of crap Bad, nothing has changed.

Yes i name it commitment. For me it is commitment to help my tribesmates where it matters, especially in times of need. You apparently find it more important to troll the forums. You have 3 debates going on here where you post more in each one then the average poster does in a year. It is a choice you make. Post here: yes. Help in-game: no.

So which is it? I can't manage myself, or I'm afraid of commitment? You are trying to hit the same target with two arrows Bad. You continue to compare my forum behavior to in-game as a justification for this, even though that is addressed in a separate point. Again, how is this a debate? You are just taking the liberties to insult me, ignore my points, and reiterate propaganda.

As to ignoring points: i've addressed all of your points either in the previous post or in one of those before.

Go back and read the bold parts of this post. There's still something I'm dying to know. :icon_smile:

in the very quote that prompted you to say this i point out that you said you have time to play in-game.

Show me where. :icon_smile:

I'm talking about your victim mentality as if you are the saddest kid around and i'm the mean bully on the block picking on someone who can't defend himself. You are - i'll say it again - one of the most eloquent debaters around. You are fully capable of defending your sad ass yourself. If you post here i see no reason to just sit back and let you spout your drivel. If you have a point i feel like commenting on, i will. Just as do you. We are both equal in our ability to do so, but there is only one of us crying foul because he's running out of excuses.

And I'll say it again, this isn't a debate, its a witch-hunt. You started it for no good reason other than to flame me, which proves you either have something personal against me, (which would make sense considering that I have beaten you in debates in the past, and am the leading PnP force against your tribe at this moment), or an agenda. You say I'm crying when I point this out, because your motive is the greatest weakness in your case, which is why you have avoided that fact from the start.

I find it a very weak excuse. If this is true then you need professional help. More to the point: if this is true then i'd advise you to quit w46 and these forums as well, as you will only see the same thing happen there... the more you get to know people the deeper you'll get sucked in till you see a complete repeat of what happened here. To put it in your words: it will be personal.

Another personal attack on me as a man, which is totally irrelevant to this game, and totally inaccurate. Getting to know some people without bias is not the same thing as playing with them over more than one world, and a couple years, while building a tribe of which you are really proud. I played with the Decide crew since long before this world was born, and I was close to many of them then. Also, it is the very tribe itself, Decide, and subsequently, our world allies that have stuck with us from the damn near the start, that I am attached to as well.

Getting to know some of the people form this world doesn't even come close to the same thing Badlap, and its another low blow for you to try to use this against me in my opinion.

Cliff-Notes (I think this part summed it up pretty well):

And I'll say it again, this isn't a debate, its a witch-hunt. You started it for no good reason other than to flame me, which proves you either have something personal against me, (which would make sense, considering that I have beaten you in debates in the past, and am the leading PnP force against your tribe at this moment), or that you have an agenda. You say I'm crying when I point this out, because your motive is the greatest weakness in your case, which is why you have avoided that fact from the start.

Oh, and I love how you conveniently ignored this:

"This is the PnP's, you are here doing what you do best, but that doesn't make you right. Though, in my defense, I guess I am enough of a threat, even on PnP, to earn that much. :icon_wink:"

DeletedUser

Thats just plain silly bad, then blame it on me, because had I been on at the time sam needed a sitter, I could have taken it. :icon_rolleyes:

Not silly at all. We have arrived at a point where it is evident that Atraeus is not playing an in-game account because of lack of a backbone to himself. That is: a backbone to be able to pull himself away from the hypnotising glare of the computerscreen.

However, by his own admission: had he been playing an account in-game, then he would in fact have been around to take the sit given the time of the request. So the reason why he wasn't there is because he hasn't got the mental power that it takes to recognise this is a game and that real life is more important and thus: pull himself away once his amount of playtime is passed.

@Atraeus: all the parts you are asking questions about or bolding in your last answer are already answered in my posts. Just for you i'll point out one, the rest you have to find all on your own like the big boy you are. If you ever find a defense that's any better then "you are just picking and i don't know why" then let me know.

Your question:

in the very quote that prompted you to say this i point out that you said you have time to play in-game.

Show me where. :icon_smile:

The relevant quote :icon_wink: Bolded the bit that'd interest you so as to make it easier for you to find it.

DeletedUser

Not silly at all. We have arrived at a point where it is evident that Atraeus is not playing an in-game account because of lack of a backbone to himself. That is: a backbone to be able to pull himself away from the hypnotising glare of the computerscreen.

Putting words in my mouth? And you call me a spin doctor? Hypocrite much?

However, by his own admission: had he been playing an account in-game, then he would in fact have been around to take the sit given the time of the request.

That is a lie. I said I would have been able to help if I were around, and I admitted to the possibility, not certainty. Liar much?

@Atraeus: all the parts you are asking questions about or bolding in your last answer are already answered in my posts. Just for you i'll point out one, the rest you have to find all on your own like the big boy you are. If you ever find a defense that's any better then "you are just picking and i don't know why" then let me know.

That's funny, I've combed through your points a couple times, and I still see you avoiding this:
"But that doesn't answer why you started this to begin with. You never told me what brought you onto this thread to attack me like you have been. Was it something I said? :icon_redface:"

Why do you keep avoiding this question Badlap? :icon_surprised:

Not to mention that you've avoided the points I made that are not questions. It seems you are all high and mighty with the book in your hand, but when its your turn on the stand, you duck and run.

Oh, this is why I'm curious:

"And I'll say it again, this isn't a debate, its a witch-hunt. You started it for no good reason other than to flame me, which proves you either have something personal against me, (which would make sense, considering that I have beaten you in debates in the past, and am the leading PnP force against your tribe at this moment), or that you have an agenda. You say I'm crying when I point this out, because your motive is the greatest weakness in your case, which is why you have avoided that fact from the start."

All I see is you running and trying to twist it as a complaint. It must be a pretty good point for you to avoid it so much!

The relevant quote :icon_wink: Bolded the bit that'd interest you so as to make it easier for you to find it.

I want to know where you got the idea that I said I didn't have time. You tried to use not enough time against me, I want to see where you got that idea from myself, or are you just coming up with these things as you go along?

Well, there is still a whole list of things in this post that you are avoiding. I'd love to see what you have on them. :icon_wink:

C'mon Bad. You started this, don't go running on me now that I've decided to fight back. :icon_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.