Tardis misteriously disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

But the fact is, you do not go all out like this for just anybody, in fact I don't remember you ever doing it for anybody, and despite whatever you want to say, that makes me more than just an enemy or a troll, that makes me somebody to you. And the fact also stands that this is not because of my PnP style, which si nothing like you accuse.

Again, the reason why i posted as i posted with regards to you is because you are the PnP equivalent of a turd. It is because of your style in posting - which also led numerous posters here to add you to the ignore list - and nothing else. Plainly put: nobody else has a posting style that is even remotely as annoying as yours is. And because you go in against BD and THE you gain popularity over it which gives you a following which prompts me and others to sometimes react. You can keep posting conspiracy theories if you want, but that is all there is to it.

DeletedUser

I feel bad knowing I could have prevented this :icon_sad:

Okay, I'll bite. How could you have prevented this, and by "this," do you mean the disbanding, or the political squabble between myself and Badlapje?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Okay, I'll bite. How could you have prevented this, and by this, do you mean the disbanding, or the "epic" political war between myself and Badlapje?

The disbanding, i'll enlighten you on Skype.

DeletedUser

[spoil]
Again, the reason why i posted as i posted with regards to you is because you are the PnP equivalent of a turd. It is because of your style in posting - which also led numerous posters here to add you to the ignore list - and nothing else. Plainly put: nobody else has a posting style that is even remotely as annoying as yours is. And because you go in against BD and THE you gain popularity over it which gives you a following which prompts me and others to sometimes react. You can keep posting conspiracy theories if you want, but that is all there is to it.
[/spoil]

I dropped the block. I just can't do it, the curiosity kills me. Anyway, I'm glad I did Bad, because that was actually pretty funny. You remind my of my ten year old nephew when he gets pissed at the kids down the road, ranting out any insult you can think of short of cussing me out.

Facts to be considered:

1. I was popular for my posting style long before I ever stood against THE or BD, and contrary to what you may say, I don't go out of my way to do that now (its not even a major reason for me coming to these forums),

I have only ever been blocked by THE and BD members, no one else feels the need to block me, and

I seriously find it hard to believe you have such animosity for me just because of how I write and debate. Unless you are mad because you can't prove me wrong? :icon_eek: Well, whatever the case, this is why I have trouble believing you hate my style so much:

Before we ever met as enemies, in the Fantasy TW thread, you wrote that you would put me in your dream team and said this about my PnP:
15. Atraeus: indeed, his PnP personality alone makes him a good addition to any team. But rumour has it he can play to o_O

Your boy Gicusan said this:
14. Atraeus - if he succeeds in express himself in fewer words he would be great.

Aco.Mne of THE, Duke of =A= on W46 had this to say about me:
15. Atraeus - The best "PnP-er" I have seen so far. Badlapje thinks he's good debater? Joke. JPohlman thinks he's good? With the good cards in the hands, he is. But this guy has such intelligence, wisdom and creativity that he is unmatched. Truth, his in game stats are absolutely terrible, but PnP image he brings to his tribe is priceless.

Jubal wrote this:
14) "The Golden Tongue" - Atraeus - A good and loyal tribemate and leader from what I can gather. Relentless in PnP and not everyone's favorite style, but a teamfirst attitude is what I look for, and Atraeus has that and the skill to go with it.

And lets not forget theshearjoy:
3.atraues only to make pretty pictures for the tribe sigs etc,banned from posting novels on pnp:icon_razz:

OK, that last one might have been a joke. :p

What changed since then? You found yourselves facing me on the other end of the fence as an enemy. But even then I had made enough of a reputation to earn such high remarks from such top players, including yourself.

So in point of fact, I haven't spun any conspiracy theories Bad, I just showed a good many options of how I can see this situation viewed, and you've done nothing to clarify or crush any of them, but instead are spouting a flimsy lie. You came on this thread spinning shit on me, accusing me of things you never backed up, and blatantly insulting me, all because of my PnP; a PnP you respected before facing it as an enemy. Well, if its true that you don't like my PnP now, and its because I'm an "enemy," then that must mean I'm doing something right.

DeletedUser

darn it i unblocked atraues incase i missed something my eyes, my eyes!!:icon_cry:

Gicusan

i unblocked him twice so far to understand the topic. was sorry both times :) not only walls of text but also the usual lack of content. but i understood the topic: he was talking about nothing again.

DeletedUser

What changed since then?

what has changed is pretty simple. You started posting in a way that clearly distorts the truth, you keep hurling subtle insults at your opponents in every single post you make (i liked the one about your ten year old nephew btw) and your posts became not so much silver-tongued as snake-tongued. Four months passed since i made that post and as Herakleitos says: panta rhei :icon_wink:

Your last couple posts are a perfect example. In between all your complaining about me speaking my mind about you bluntly you are equally insulting towards me whenever you can dream up something that justifies hurling an insult. The only reason why you haven't made equally blunt posts about me as i did about you is because you seem unable to dig something up to use as ammunition.

But unlike others on these forums who talk crap about people in w30 ... you have no account to challenge. You have no reason for being on these boards other then your self-inflated ego that needs a regular dose of wind to keep it satisfied. Your support for your erstwhile teammates is simply not being made in the right place, all excuses notwithstanding. Who knows, one day you might shape up. But if i were to make a fantasy TW team now ... you definitely wouldn't be in it.

DeletedUser

A lot can change in four months, huh Bad? The thing is, you guys posted that (in September) one month, damn near to the day, before we became enemies on the PnP's (in October), and it was that first fight in Decide Decide's to Declare thread that lead to Dung Fu (1), (again, a thread you are avoiding), and to many players from THE and BD blocking me.

Almost everything you are saying here is a continuation of that thread. In fact, most of the cliffnotes also apply to Dung Fu. Go figure.

Everything changed in the time span of our fight starting in Decide Decides to Declare and ending in Dung Fu (2). The span of time from my first fight with BD, to the end of Dung Fu (sans addendum) is roughly about seventeen days.

So you wrote compliments about me, a month passes and you face me as an enemy. Seventeen days later, I have a few new blocks and a few people in what I have been sarcastically calling for months my "Fan Club." I even called you the president. Here is a quote from November, yet another month down the road:

[spoil]
Lol! Actually R2, they are the leading members of my "fan club" (Bad is the President), and it is always a pleasure when they drop a debate and start to focus attacks on me. Nothing makes a man feel more accomplished. But I think I'm done. I expressed my views on the war, I expressed my points on my presence in the game, and anyone interested in my position is more than welcome to read what has been written, make their own opinion, and contact me with any questions. As for why they should feel the need to attack me so much instead of addressing my points, well... I'll leave that to the readers to decide.
I can't deny that sudden outburst by them was rather amusing though. But you know what they say, if THE/BD don't hate you, you ain't doing your job right. :icon_cool:
[/spoil]

History repeating itself Bad? The fact is, you have been seeing me this way for a lot longer than just now, you have been seeing me this way since you faced me in Dung Fu and lost. I guess everything doesn't flow so much after all...

Cliff notes?

1. You lied about me changing my story
2. You lied about me getting known because of fighting THE and BD
3. You twisted my reason for not playing
4. You took your attack to a personal level
5. You lied about why you are attacking me after avoiding the question for so long
6. You are a hypocrite guilty of the things you accuse me of, like not willing to admit when wrong, twisting stories, being insulting, and using PnP
7. You have offered no logic or proof to back up your accusations, but instead just back it up with more groundless accusations
8. You have continually ignored all of the points where I offered evidence and sound logic, just to further your attack

And so you can't say I didn't post something:
[spoil]
you keep hurling subtle insults at your opponents in every single post you make (i liked the one about your ten year old nephew btw)

I found you childish, and wrote it honestly. You are demonizing me for not simply saying, "you are childish," when in point of fact, your post honestly reminded me of my nephew. Wow. I'm such a bad guy. (note: dry sarcasm)

Your last couple posts are a perfect example. In between all your complaining about me speaking my mind about you bluntly you are equally insulting towards me whenever you can dream up something that justifies hurling an insult. The only reason why you haven't made equally blunt posts about me as i did about you is because you seem unable to dig something up to use as ammunition.

I have said insulting things to you Bad, but they have been blatant, and grounded on your behavior here; whereas you came on this thread insulting me from the start. I called you a hypocrite, which you prove by using this angle while you insult me on a personal level, as well as for a few other reasons; I called you a coward, which you are for not admitting where you are wrong, running not only from the points I pose but even still from Dung Fu; I called you judgmental, which you are in spades without any decent character to support it, and yes, you are being childish.

Fact: you were attacking me before I said anything against you. Even if I weren't justified by your actions, you can't use this to support your reason for attacking me on this thread.

But unlike others on these forums who talk crap about people in w30 ... you have no account to challenge. You have no reason for being on these boards other then your self-inflated ego that needs a regular dose of wind to keep it satisfied. Your support for your erstwhile teammates is simply not being made in the right place, all excuses notwithstanding. Who knows, one day you might shape up. But if i were to make a fantasy TW team now ... you definitely wouldn't be in it.

Ah, you don't like me because when you can't prove me wrong here, you can't take it out on me in game, and even though I've clearly said my reasons for being here is to mostly keep tabs on this world, you want to spin it like its an ego trip, and make assumptions about what good I am to my friends.

Fact: whether I have a village or not makes no difference on whether I am right or wrong on these forums, and assumptions and spins are not tantamount to the truth.[/spoil]
So again, I stand by this:

Badlap, I think you are a judgmental coward that is holding a personal grudge, and if you want to leave it on that note, then so be it, but I have no shame in this thread and encourage everyone to read our interaction. I think this world owes it to itself to see you for what you are.

DeletedUser

i think you confuse not caring to post anymore with losing. Although if i'm honest i don't think you confuse it, you're just merrily avoiding to admit that.

DeletedUser

I don't understand how it could be a lack of interest when you said you'd respond if I posted, but when I did, you conveniently disappeared. Make of it what you will, but your posts are conflicting with each other.

Anyway, it occurred to me that all of this has been a strong distraction regarding Parm's overreacting about me wondering if his account would perform the same without the co-player that helped make it what it is. You demanded I respond to that here, and given the liberties we've been granted for this conflict on this thread by mods and public alike, I see no reason not to.

Here is my response to Parmenion without any of the extra information. Anyone wanting a Red-Bull inspired in-depth coverage should check this link out.

[spoil]The entire foundation for Parmenion's debate is grounded on the accusation of me lying. He tries to prove I am by twisting my words and by misrepresenting my posts and quoting them out of order. For example, I say something about post A, he says, "you said this about post B, so obviously you are wrong with that post." (paraphrasing), even though I was not saying it about B at all. Everything past this is an attempt to distract the debate from bringing any light to the changes that may have taken effect on his in-game account.

The simple reason there is repetition Atraeus is because you are missing or deliberatley avoiding my points.

This accusation goes both ways Parmenion. I think you are deliberately ignoring my points, and I'd say the rest of this post pretty well proves it.

The sequence of events are:

1. I post my opinions on the TARDIS disband.

2. Your next post clearly states:

This is a direct reply to 1. - Proximate Cause of your post. I can call anyone a liar when I know they are lying regardless of whether or not you think I have grounds to. Its irrelevant if its a joke or not because...

I agree, that jibe was in direct response to your post. I never indicated it wasn't.

3. I reply to you stating simply that there is nothing new about this side to me. Badlapje later confirms this is true from his viewpoint but I think there is nobody in the world other than you who would see some new side to me.

4. You state:

You don't know 2 Parmenion's Atraeus. You know only one because you only know the man who posts on the forums and I state this to you here making it clear that you only know 1 face, 1 player:

Whether I "know" you and/or your old co-player are redundant. I know that "Parmenion" was two people, and is now one. I don't need to know any more than that (I clarify a little later)

5. You stated that there is more to an account than the forum personality BUT you ONLY know the forum personality. You also stated that you were just musing which is in itself back tracking and this is why...

Again, whether I know you or not in game has no bearing on any changes the absence of your co-player would have in game. (more clarification to come, in case this isn't enough)

Musing by its definition is contemplation: a calm, lengthy, intent consideration. Musing on something is to consider a matter with reflection.

That is a very pointed direct statement. You are stating that it DOES show a whole new side to me. If you were musing you would have used more ambiguous terminology characteristic of reflection such as: this might show a whole new side, this could show a whole new side etc. This is basic linguistics Atraeus.

I agree. That was not a musing, and I never said it was. That was a joke. Dry sarcasm to be specific. The musing came later.

But you dont only call your first post a musing, you go on to say its also sarcasm!

This is a blatant lie. Again, I never called that first post a musing. You are twisting my words to support your case Parm. The musing came later, the first post was a joke, and I made this clear with this quote:

I wasn't originally out to make a point Parm, I made something of a dry joke at the end of that post. But your response to that did spark some thought, which led me to a musing.

And regarding this:

You cannot make up your mind apparently. Again, just like its not a musing, its not sarcasm either.

I just proved it wrong, since you have twisted my words to come to this conclusion.

Sarcasm defined as A form of humor that is marked by mocking with irony, sometimes conveyed in speech with vocal over-emphasis. Saying something that is opposite of what is intended to be meant.

My example of dry sarcasm: You act the way you always act, and I say in a very dry tone that we see a whole new side to you, and use the shocked (surprised) emoticon. That would be like me posting a text wall, and you saying, wow, this is a whole new side to Atraeus. :icon_eek: (shock!!!) The dry statement is ironic because it is not, in fact, shocking at all, and not what you would expect from a serious post. Or put another way, I was saying the opposite of what I meant and exaggerated the point. Like saying on dark, cloudy evening, "wow, its bright as hell out here! :icon_eek:"

Seriously, the only crime you can even remotely say I committed was failing to communicate to you the humor intended in that post, otherwise you are just intentionally trying to spin this a different way.

There is no mocking irony here. There is no over emphasis. You weren't saying the opposite of what you meant either and therefore you were not being sarcastic. You either don't understand sarcasm or musing or as previously states by me Atraeus. You are lying about the intent behind your statement. I think its quite clear that I had grounds to call you a liar and the above deconstruction categorically proves this.

I think I just made it clear that you don't have grounds to call me a liar. You missed the humor there, and I realized this after you and Bad posted. So I told you guys I meant that specifically as humor. But you choose to ignore this in favor of twisting my point. A twist that supports the rest of your case against me. You can call me a liar all you want Parm, but that doesn't make it true.

This is the stage at which I asked you exactly what your point was which led into the rest of the discussion. Up until this I had been replying directly to your statements that you had been making explaining certain things and why you were incorrect in your thinking. But at this point I wanted to know if there was a point to your posts other than to have said something in the thread and to have shared an opinion for the sake of having shared an opinion. Therefore, I asked you what your point was.

You implied that it was not possible for me to know you because I was not fighting you, and because you are Irish. How did you expect me to respond? None of that had anything to do with what I was saying. It seemed to me then, and does even more so now, like you are taking the idea of me thinking I know you personal. Like an insult that you must disprove, when as stated earlier, it has no bearing on what I was saying.

So you posted for the sake of posting and postulating like you knew something you didn't. You state yourself that your point was in fact musing. Musing is not a point. Its a reflection and as I have demonstrated you weren't musing. You're linguistics don't satisfy the nature of it.

I guess I need to remind you that my original post (the one you say was done just for the sake of posting) had nothing to do with you until the last, single line, which was a pointless joke. No, that post had a purpose, all of it, except the joke at the end, which didn't. It was just me being a sarcastic smart ass, something I'm known to be, and was a lighthearted poke.

Again, the following post was me expressing my musing, and the point came from that musing, it wasn't the musing itself. The musing was the realization that there must be, and has been, a change in the "Parmenion" account. The point was to state that I believe there is a change, and to vocalize my interest to know in what way the account would be different, due to the change. So what you accuse me of doing here is total crap, as I have pointed out quite clearly already.
You then went on to make a sequence of statements which were incorrect as identified and shown in my last post.

I fail to see how you disproved anything I've been repeatedly saying, just as you continue failing to do so now.

Now to your most recent post:

You disagreed I was the same Parmenion and I am and you cannot accept that. My co-player had an effect in game but not on the forums and the only Parmenion you know is the forum one since you don't play world 30 and have never had any direct dealings with me. This isn't an angle Atraeus. Its a statement of facts. You don't know me and you are perceiving some convoluted change in me that is a figment of your imagination. Its a figment of your imagination because you are the only one seeing this so called change.

Here you are taking my point out of context by twisting my words. I do disagree that you are the same Parm, I still do, because of the impact your co-players absence will have on your in game presence. At the time that I was referencing in that quote (my second post), I was still yet to learn that your co-player wasn't present on the forums, so I believed you were not the same on all fronts. Yet you ignore the fact that I recognized this and respected it when you told me otherwise, and I didn't argue with you over it. (i.e.) At no time have I argued about your forum presence since you informed me you co-player wasn't on here.

My belief of a different Parm is not a "perceived change," it is logical reasoning. At no point did I say I perceived a difference. Actually, I said the opposite when I said it would be interesting to see a difference. Nevertheless, the fact stands that in any aspect that your co-player would have impacted your account, there is, in his absence, now a change. It doesn't have to be seen to be believed, it is just practical to expect. The angle is you are trying to use my words to lock me into referencing the forums only, which is a manipulation and misconstruction of my points, and a blatant disregard for the facts to support a false case.

ANYONE at all reading these forums seeing this change that Atraeus believes simply must exist? ANYONE?

Only time will tell if there is a change. But again, my opinion is based on logical reasoning, not perceptions, and at this point, you only appear pissed because I think there is a difference at all. You seem more bent on proving there is no difference more so than anything else, and appear willing to manipulate our interaction to achieve this.

Atraeus, you made idle incorrect speculations without all the facts. You were wrong in doing that and continued trying to defend a position that is indefensible. The matter has not been blown out of proportion. I have continued with this because you are failing to see your errors and because you are talking crap in this instance. This has nothing to do with heart or any other emotional involvement. You were wrong with your initial statement and you have perpetuated misrepresenting what you initially stated because you simply cannot admit that you perceived change was based upon the supposition that 2 players played my account both on the forums and in game in your mind.

My initial statement was a joke. I was not wrong with the joke, because it was a joke that actually meant exactly what you are saying about being the same Parm on these forums. Just because you choose to ignore the fact that it was a joke and take it seriously, to support a false case, does not change the fact that it was a joke. And I have stuck to my story from the start because its the truth. I have no need to twist it, to warp it, to manipulate it or to speculate secret meanings or intentions. I see it how I meant it, I can't see it any other way. If you want to say I'm talking crap because I'm not willing to lie to myself and see it your way, then so be it. Call it what you will, but I will continue to keep talking this crap, because...(surprise! surprise!) the "crap" is the truth.

The thread has no further need to be in existence given all involved stated their respective positions. The only remaining issue is your random statements directly relating to my initial post in this thread and your trying to conceal the fact that you wanted to appear to the world like you have some insight into Parmenion that you weren't privy to. An insight that was built upon false assumptions simply to make you appear somehow bigger in stature or a knowledge base relating to me than you actually are.

I sir, do kindly disagree.[/spoil]

DeletedUser

i said i'd respond if new points were brought to light or if there was something of interest for me to reply to. No new points have been brought to light just a rehashing of old stuff.

DeletedUser

That's more BS. I gave you what you wanted, and now you're just making excuses.

EDIT: As for the rest of this crap, here's my final two cents, since this is as good as over:

I have no problems with being attacked, obviously, since I have done a lot of fighting on these forums. I do have a problem with someone making it personal just to discredit me, but that's not what I have been trying to point out. The fact is, none of this attack is relevant to my behavior on these forums, despite what you said. My posts prove this. The fact also stands that you are attacking me for something I haven't even been doing.

You blame me for not playing in game while I am running PnP, but that's not what I was doing here. I made a joke, which Parm blew out of proportion, and he took my musing as an attack, which it wasn't. I don't blame him, because of how I wrote it, but I do blame him for running with it like I did after I clarified I didn't and blatantly proved this fact in the final post of our debate.

You are right that I should not let my closeness to Decide drag me in too deep, but that's none of your business, and highly redundant. When all of this started, I had "retired" written under my sig to indicate that I was done with the PnP. I was logging in to follow this world, not to fight old in-game enemies. I plan to continue this and give my opinions, but that is far removed from attacking enemies for political gains, something I have done my fair share of in the past (something I have never denied), but haven't done recently. I do plan to support my friends and allies, and I will stand up for myself if people intend to attack me unjustly. Essentially, I am no different than Spleen Mage.

So your case is groundless. I pointed out where you lied, twisted what I was saying to belittle me, and even contradicted yourself by doing what you accuse me of doing. You took the route of flat out insulting me, acting like I was running when I wasn't, or whining when I was making a point, all while hiding the fact that you are only doing it for political purposes yourself and not validating the flaws and incongruities of your case with a response.

You call me a politician, you are no different.

If anyone want to see this for what it is, pay close attention to what is really being said, and the points that I point out in this post, and the cliff-notes here.

xinryr

I would like to be enlightened over forum mail, if possible :)

@the happy couple and their kids: take this garbage to skype or a forum mail. Anyone not in your little group could care less... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.