Tech Levels

DeletedUser17170

Smithy: 10 levels per tech

Ok I read this as, Sacredfool describes it in the general forum.

It's 10 levels PER tech, not in total.
IE: 80 techs in total instead of 15.
As far as i know there is no tech limit but the resources needed...

What i'm wondering is, what will be the stats on each unit pass lvl 3.

ie
Spearmen
Off Def Cdef
10 15 45
13 19 56
14 21 63

What does it go up to?

DeletedUser17170

Ok so all they did was spread out the growth process. Interesting.

ToTheGallows

Ok so all they did was spread out the growth process. Interesting.

To a degree. It will also dramatically alter the strategy surronding HC, scouts and cats which are often regarded as the "less important units. It will add far more diversity to the world, as cat and scout units in Defensive villages become harder to clearly define, and the lines regarding HC levels in Offensive villages become blurred.

Also: I'd like to take another guess at where I recognise your name from. Were you in XiG on w12?

DeletedUser

Scouts are only lvl 1 so i don't see how this will change much...

DeletedUser

there's no way the limit is 80. There's not even enough tech's to have 80. What's the actual limit?

DeletedUser

there's no way the limit is 80. There's not even enough tech's to have 80. What's the actual limit?

There is none :p And yeah, it's actually 71 (the total level of the techs)

That would cost you ~30-50 packs / village to have everything lvl 10 so it's obviously not worth it.

DeletedUser17170

if there is no limit to what we can train up, then i don't see there being much in the way of changes in strat, other then when you lvl tem up.

If there was a limit like say, 45(15/24 = 62%, and 45 is 62% of 71), then yes a strat would have to be made so that your offensive and deffensive village troops are defind better.

I think players who put some time testing the numbers(once offically announced) and put together a few lvl formulas might have an advatange.

DeletedUser

I personally don't see how tech levels change anything much except for the fact

more techs = easier noob pummeling

DeletedUser17170

Sacredfool thats it, it helps find noobs easier, better plays know low lvls suck, were as high lvls are better(just a little edge).

As far as needing all of them resources to lvl up all the tech lvls, why? deffensive realms you lvl up only deffensive techs, ofensive realms only offensive.

Nis.

anyone know how scouting works? like can you see units outside village etc?
also, will their be a mass way to upgrade all the tech levels in ur villages from an overview button, or do u need to go into each individual village to do it?

Nis.

Sacredfool thats it, it helps find noobs easier, better plays know low lvls suck, were as high lvls are better(just a little edge).

As far as needing all of them resources to lvl up all the tech lvls, why? deffensive realms you lvl up only deffensive techs, ofensive realms only offensive.

as far as i can tell that would be boarderline retarded as then u leave ur offensive villages 100% unprotected. i believe tht the level of the troops is defined by teh village tht they are in whether supported or built there.
so if u have no tech level of defensive troops in ur offensive villages, then u cant support it and its good for nothing.

also, anyone know wht wood happen if lets say u didnt research HC in a village, but then supported it with HC...wht tech level would they be on?

DeletedUser17170

The point is to make you put time and effort into it. So I hope to god there is no auto upgrade/mass upgrade option. I hope they stick with only 5 upgrades at a time for PA accounts.

Scouting outside villages would be nice, but I wont complain if you can't cause it adds to the strat of the game.

DeletedUser17170

as far as i can tell that would be boarderline retarded as then u leave ur offensive villages 100% unprotected. i believe tht the level of the troops is defined by teh village tht they are in whether supported or built there.
so if u have no tech level of defensive troops in ur offensive villages, then u cant support it and its good for nothing.

also, anyone know wht wood happen if lets say u didnt research HC in a village, but then supported it with HC...wht tech level would they be on?

Answer you question first. It goes based on lvl 1.

I worded that wrong. Deffensive villages lvl up all deffensive troops but no offensive.
Offensive villages you lvl up the spears/swords and offensive units like you would in a 15 limite tech research world so that you can mass support your offensive villages if its getting attack but still keep HC in your main deffensive villages.

ToTheGallows

You don't build Rams or Cats in your Defensive villages, or upgrade Spear/Sword to max and build a few HC in your Offensive villages? What you've stated above is incorrect and provides very, very little flexibility when altering villages, faking or defending.

This is where I believe that these new levels will greatly improve the depth of the game. Players will be able to find their own balance that matches their own strategies and playing styles. It gives players more control over their armies strengths and their villages weaknesses. It will also make alternative strategies such as OE's HC strat much more debated. It's definitely a good thing for players with experience, who know the units and know the game. For the new players; however; it is likely to cause some confusion.

Nis. said:
anyone know how scouting works? like can you see units outside village etc?

As sacredfool pointed out, there will be only one scout level, meaning it is impossible to view the amount of troops outside of an opponents village.

Last edited:

Nis.

ToTheGallows said:
As sacredfool pointed out, there will be only one scout level, meaning it is impossible to view the amount of troops outside of an opponents village.

no thats not true. they could have it where if 50% of ur scouts survive, they see troops and buildings and if 75% survive they see troops outside

DeletedUser17170

You don't build Rams or Cats in your Defensive villages, or upgrade Spear/Sword to max and build a few HC in your Offensive villages? What you've stated above is incorrect and provides very, very little flexibility when altering villages, faking or defending.

This is where I believe that these new levels will greatly improve the depth of the game. Players will be able to find their own balance that matches their own strategies and playing styles. It gives players more control over their armies strengths and their villages weaknesses. It will also make alternative strategies such as OE's HC strat much more debated. It's definitely a good thing for players with experience, who know the units and know the game. For the new players; however; it is likely to cause some confusion.

I'm going based on the basic, Cookie-cutter ideas behind how things work. The basic strats.

But I agree OE hc strat would be interesting to adapt to this style of play. also deciding if 1 point offensive is worth x amount of resources, and a good player will beable to figure that out.