Teenage Influence?

DeletedUser

17 and 3million points - And a baron in a top 10 tribe :)

I find that age doesnt particularly make too much difference in the later game.
For a player to survive the start of the game and develop into a proper player, they must have skills. They can be "grown up" for their age, but as long as they learn the basics and then the skills of TW, I dont see why they cant pay as well as adults.
I mean, do you really need to be 16 to run a "fakes" script?

But I do believe it makes a difference in the start. Older players would think more and encourage themselves to listen to the tribe. however I think younger players are more enthusiastic . . .

Good topic WW!

DeletedUser

Since I´m only 12, I´m not in the target group for this post, but I´ll post a comment anyway.

one of the hardest things iin the game is to convinze my dad to pay for PA (you know how many dishes I did last month???) so most of the time I play without PA. (was a PAIN durring the Quest war) :eek:(

as a minor I find it a bit hard not just to go "KILL´EM ALL" and send nukes all ower, insted of just nobling those barbs close to me. I mean,, what a hazzle to send a noble out on a .. like 2 hours run.. takes like forever to noble a village that way :eek:( *sigh*

oh.. but seriously.. how hard is it to run a tribe?
all you have to do is tell people hwo to kill (all that is red), so it´s really not that hard a job. So I don´t know why beeing a teen should be a problem!

have fun

VH

DeletedUser

Im 14 so im guessing this is directed at me. tbh i should not paly as much as i do, when i go to school i have just started my GCSE's so really should be concentrating on them but what the hell i play as much as i want really, sometimes i feel like sending nukes all over the place just to get some ODA or something but i stop myself :p. I think that running a tribe is more than just telling people what to do and telling them to kill red, you have to make a few desicions like what allies would be a successful alliance and how the position of your members and other tribes would effect the status of war. Also most things have to run past you atleast once, if you choose a bad NAP or alliance that could be the end they could turn and kill you and all the other little things keeping everyone in order so really it can be a hard job, i think a teenager can do it but it would be easier for an adult to control a tribe, also i think that a few teenagers are being pushed out because they dont have the time or simply cant be bothered, as a teenager i find it hard to stick to things for a long preiod of time so that could be the case with alot of them.

DeletedUser

Well, teenagers generally can only be active for a few hours, due to school and sleep. Add homework and social arrangements, and you can begin to see why it is hard for teenagers to run a tribe or manage 100 villages.

DeletedUser44279

Well, seen as I am one of the examples of this I had better poke my head in here.

I started playing world 1 when I was 15 years old - I am now 17 years old. I have a social life, and manage to moderate world 1 forums, manage a 5 million pointer account and also a 400k pointer. I also chat quite a lot to people on tribalwars aswell as RL friends.

I had more time when I was 15 than I do now when I am 17, when you are younger than 16 you have a routine. For example, you would come home from school and go to bed at 11 o'clock or whatever your bedtime is set by your parents. Now, I have other things to do than play tribalwars such as coursework. Sure, I can stay up to when I like and such like, however, I don't have the motivation.

Ps. I still achieve quite a few A grades, so don't call me a drop out ;)

DeletedUser

Well, teenagers generally can only be active for a few hours, due to school and sleep. Add homework and social arrangements, and you can begin to see why it is hard for teenagers to run a tribe or manage 100 villages.
hey,ill give you worst case scenario:
i learn from 8 in the morning and comes back home at 16:00 in the noon,30 minutes to 1 hour tops to do h.w(actually i play some tw while i do it lol),and then i got from 15:00 until 00:00 to play tw as much as i like.
not enough time?

patrox

jakester2 is probaly the best under 16 player in this world
If you think you can prove me wrong, please try but you will probaly fail!

DeletedUser

I do not most of the time to play with younger players who dont know annoy the crap out of me IE XBL (#1 spot for teenage s*** talking.) but when someone tells me "Our tribe is not at war, you can't just attack us." and this happened only a few days ago it kills it for me because by the way he spells and talk it is obvious he is in his teens.

DeletedUser

I do not most of the time to play with younger players who dont know annoy the crap out of me IE XBL (#1 spot for teenage s*** talking.) but when someone tells me "Our tribe is not at war, you can't just attack us." and this happened only a few days ago it kills it for me because by the way he spells and talk it is obvious he is in his teens.

i think this is the post that says judging someone by their age is like judging a book by its cover?
serb1a just curious what is your in-game name?

DeletedUser

Ingame name is asb7507 and he tells me what kind of a person he is if his mentality is like that am I wrong? I do not really need to judge him he told me just in that sentence, I asked Metaller if I should continue attacking, I forget what he said but I am anyway :)

jakester2

I active quite a bit...i wake up, have breakfats and turn the comp on, then get ready go 2 skool...when skools finished i go out, get back at like6-7 at night...then 'revise and do coursework on the computer' [really play tw and chat on skype] :icon_biggrin:

dodoman

hey,ill give you worst case scenario:
i learn from 8 in the morning and comes back home at 16:00 in the noon,30 minutes to 1 hour tops to do h.w(actually i play some tw while i do it lol),and then i got from 15:00 until 00:00 to play tw as much as i like.
not enough time?
That's not a worst-case scenario for others like me. When I first started TW some days I had things on after school. I.e On a friday at one point I got home from school about 5 (after school club) then had football immediately until 6:30, then had tea and logged on for 5 minutes before disappearing to scouts 7:45 to 10:00 I would then be sent to bed. Also before school I would not have time to log on, so I get 5 minutes in the whole day.
With that amount of time.. what chance have I of leading a large/good tribe?

DeletedUser

I active quite a bit...i wake up, have breakfats and turn the comp on, then get ready go 2 skool...when skools finished i go out, get back at like6-7 at night...then 'revise and do coursework on the computer' [really play tw and chat on skype] :icon_biggrin:

With spelling like that, I'm not sure if you really do go to "skool" :icon_wink:

DeletedUser

This may be true, but there are some things you have forgotten about!

1) School doesnt stop people, if they want to play tribalwars, they will find a way, i know i have :icon_rolleyes:

2) Sleep? Yes we need it, but not alot of it, teenagers who are almost addicted to this game like me, will stay up late if it means staying active and dodging attacks. For example, i stayed up 4 hours later then usual last night just so i could snipe a noble train or 2.

3) Very few teenagers properly do homework :p