Teenage Influence?

DeletedUser

Well, I was wondering about this for a while, and decided to put it to you guys.

Do teenagers, and by teenagers, what I mean is under 16's, have any role in the later game?

Often, at the start of the world, we see a lot of teenagers speaking like "plz stop attacking mi" and so forth. Teenagers are usually responsible for a lot of mass recruiting tribes as well. Yet as the world progresses, the better/older players tend to begin to dominate, and by this stage of the world, you could almost count the super alliances on one hand - with the WEST and NORTH family, OU and KK, OWNED and FAIL etc etc, that will probably be around in some form or another for a long time. But that is not what this thread is about.

As the game progresses, and it becomes a world in which players are controlling over 100 villages, it seems to drive younger players out. The game is not at the fast pace that it is at the beginning, but rather a more slow,relaxed game style, where it is more a question of "do I have the time?" than "can I get on enough?"

It could be that it is boring for teenagers. That may be correct, but anyway:

I would like to know how many under 16's still play W14, who are relatively successful, and by that I mean are not in some academy on the rim with 4 villages.

DeletedUser

I think quite alot of younger players will start playing in holidays, and when they go back to school they dont have enough time for the game.
I dont think there are any under 16 year olds in my tribe or tribes around me anymore.
(jacko how old are you?)

DeletedUser

-Some players who are younger than 16 can write coherent sentences and make mature decisions. Some players who are older than 20 can write incoherent sentences and make immature decisions.

-Theres a difference between a leader and a player. A leader needs people skills and maturity. A player only needs to make troops, send attacks, send support and stay active. Some teenagers have far fewer responsibilities in life than adults, and can therefore spend a lot more time playing, which translates into success in game.

stellro

I know Im openly myself up for flaming here but one of the leaders of GOH is only a teenager (ok over 16 but still officially) :icon_eek:

I understand your point fully WW, and I would agree to a certain point with what you say - and having seen "younger" players come and go with more of a tendancy to throw toys out the pram and simply quit has undoubtedly seen the average age of the world increase....but I would also voice Wibz comments and must admit I have been impressed with how some of the younger players have taken to the game....their dedication to it and the breath of fresh air they bring and in certain cases would have no idea of their age other than from their profile. i think it boils down to the individual rather than a grouping of age.

And who knows - perhaps a teenager would have spelt influence correctly :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

And who knows - perhaps a teenager would have spelt influence correctly :)

I agreed with your post untill that foolish remark?

Who knows - maybe a teenager would have remembered to put the "?" at the end of your sentence. ;)

But yeah, it would appear that teenagers can be reliable players, yet when it comes to leading a tribe, they are sometimes pushy, and attention seeking.

DeletedUser

I am only 15

one of wests original leaders was 14.
and 4 other west members are under 19.

2 of wests council is 19'or less myself and SCE.

DeletedUser

:D

Maybe, because you're all teenagers, you like to be with your family? :D

/me laughs at his own joke. :D

DeletedUser

Oh, and I think K33, the tribe that merged to form ER, who merged to form WEST, was ran by 3 teenagers. I can't remember their names now. -.-

Kill dude 23

Im only just 15 but i do know alota younger players that quit but i know more older than younger (probably cause im so young =p) that have quit

DeletedUser

I think it's the impulsivity that kills all the young players, as they are very easy to provoke and than they would even attack stacked villages.

I am 21 now, but I started this world with 19 and went to school till July 2008, and played also in the class, so every student could find the time to play.
I know many people youn/old that are visiting school/studing/working and are online the whole time

Last edited by a moderator:

stellro

I agreed with your post untill that foolish remark?

Who knows - maybe a teenager would have remembered to put the "?" at the end of your sentence. ;)

But yeah, it would appear that teenagers can be reliable players, yet when it comes to leading a tribe, they are sometimes pushy, and attention seeking.

I editted it for humour - just for you....now lets not get into grammer as I take it neither of us are at school anymore and thus realise that its not that important :)

DeletedUser

I editted it for humour - just for you....now lets not get into grammer as I take it neither of us are at school anymore and thus realise that its not that important :)

I was joking. I hate Grammar Nazis. Grammar Communists are much cooler. :icon_wink:

Just for the record, I did laugh at yours, I just needed to try and preserve my e-ego. :D

jakester2

As far as i no...im the youngest...im 14 - with a life as well :icon_biggrin:

Ive got like a 2mill account, and dont beg "plz stop attacking mi" :lol:

DeletedUser

I was only 17 when i helped out the OMV which turned into HippoS so yeah they can have an influence.

dodoman

I'm only 14, but I don't have anywhere near as big an account as many others.
Also, I think most teenagers don't have the concentration span, most of my friends who used to play for example tend to play an online game for about a month, then quit and find a new one (or return to *gasps* runescape)

DeletedUser

Oh, and I think K33, the tribe that merged to form ER, who merged to form WEST, was ran by 3 teenagers. I can't remember their names now. -.-

So you knew your own OP was at least not totally true when you made it?