Teenage Influence?

DeletedUser

Yep, most get bored really fast, they think IM, TXT msg and myspace is every thing in life.

Good to know there is mates of our age who really get into TW :d hehe!

jakester2

true...every one thinks bebo, facebook etc is imazing - i just go out and talk instead :icon_smile:

DeletedUser

I have a lot of friends who was bigger or smaller than me,but i dont prefer the duke who is under 15 or 16 because i have seen a lot of players who lead to their tribe falling because of their unexperienced moves.

My duke and my teacher in w4 was 64 years old and i had a lot of respect to him as he learned me to follow the diplomatic way before the fighting way.

With age comes maturity, of course we have exceptions every now and then :)

DeletedUser

like Me' I am Mature... When I want to be and still a active leader of a tribe.

more over the question is the time and patience a teen has as for leader ship skills those our s\ushully born with and gained though experience.

hardconkers

i have met some mature 16 year olds on this game.

~but there are alot of players who i'd take a guess and say they are 13 because of there insanely dumb attitude towards trying to make a point. and trying to make diplomacy.

DeletedUser

that doesnt make sense...you stay on tw for 1-2 days at a time...but still have a social life? are we talking a social life on msn with ppl...or actuelly going out with friends and perhaps a girlfriend?

sorry for the long response i was out lol xD but yeah real friends and i did have a GF but well as they come they go tw is another reasond we left each other lol she said i gave this game more attention that to her.

P.S. sorry if i wrote anything wrong :)

DeletedUser

I'm under 16 and I can multi task and for me if a world gets boring start a new one :).works for me anyway, and yeah I think I am pretty mature on this game I never do the plz stop attcking mi and stuff.I mean when I am trying to join a tribe 2 paragraphs is my absolut minimum and averages around 4. Also a diplomat on a few worlds due to my calm attitude and ability to speak to other tribes.and I will (hopefully) stick around until I am forced out

DeletedUser

I think teenagers can make great players as long as they don't necro dead topics...

DeletedUser

I never noticed it, and just didn't want people to think all teenagers cannot speak properly

DeletedUser

Hm, never noticed this topic.

I'm under 16 as WW knows... for less than two months, though.

Meh, I really don't think it matters. While a large percentage of teenage players are idiots, so are many older players. I think teenagers even tend to be perhaps more active and involved in the game. We have an advantage over older players in that school takes up less time than most jobs, and while a lot of older TW players can play TW at work, a lot of teenage TW players can play TW at school too (most private schools require laptops and have internet, although the admin at my school has effectively locked down our whole network so I have to get on another network to play). Of course I probably also play TW a lot more than I should... don't think I've done any homework at home for months...

I was reading the beginning of the thread and someone said that teenagers tend to be more impulsive and likely to throw troops at a stacked village... I don't agree with that at all. I don't think anyone I know is really that stupid, and something like that is even less likely to happen online, where you have time to think about anything you do before you actually do it.

Of course every group has its bad eggs. Paybacktimeisnow is/was 16. ;).

DeletedUser

Regardless of it, there is only that much as per how a teenager can be mature. Maturity comes with age and along with it, experience, though we have seen how immature some adults behave, many a times :)

It's like knowledge, you can profess how much you know but we all know it takes time to learn something and even longer to understand it.

PS. I'm in my mid 20s :)

DeletedUser

I am 16, I enjoy acting much younger then what I truely am, but I picked up on TW very fast, I have been playing for a rough estimate of 9 months(Including the 3 months I was being Account sitted). I spent 4 years of my life in juvie for somethings I can never undo, I have even spent time in couny jail, an still have 6 months of intensive probation, but that dosent make me anymore experianced then anyone on here, but it did give me wisdom an tought me things I might not of ever learned on my own, my point being is, people shouldnt judge others jus by age or passed mistakes, yes age does play a role in most peoples decision making skills, but the mistakes they are sure to make is the only way to learn

DeletedUser

Soooo not true, if anything adults can be less mature then children at times.

Maturity comes with age and along with it, experience, though we have seen how immature some adults behave, many a times :)

Don't do selective reading! :icon_evil:

There is no overwhelming view and aspect in everything, there are always exceptions and, personally you have added "at times" at the end of your statement. I'm talking about adults in general and in not at any targetted specific timing/situations, that maturity itself can't be learned but comes with age itself, and with age come experience.

Chaoswiz66

Regardless of it, there is only that much as per how a teenager can be mature. Maturity comes with age and along with it, experience, though we have seen how immature some adults behave, many a times :)

It's like knowledge, you can profess how much you know but we all know it takes time to learn something and even longer to understand it.

PS. I'm in my mid 20s :)

I agree with you mostly. Somethings can only be learned or understood with age.

But maturity, yes id agree that maturity... matures (cannot think of a better word) with age, we get more mature the older we get, usualy. But whose to say a teenager cannot have maturity beyond their years?
Im on 16 myself, as i said earlier in this thread, but if i hadn't told you that, would you truly have guessed i was a teenager still in collage?

So, how i speak and type dosnt prove i can be mature, maybe using myself as an example is immature so ill use Suhas Gopinath, the worlds youngest CEO. He launched Globals Inc. when we was 14, now 5 years later, he operates in 11 different countries and employees 600 people. Sorry if im wrong, but that must take some maturity and responsibility

DeletedUser

As far as i no...im the youngest...im 14 - with a life as well :icon_biggrin:

Ive got like a 2mill account, and dont beg "plz stop attacking mi" :lol:

i am only 15 and have life to ;) i will get you! lol

DeletedUser

I turn 16 in a month and have a pretty busy life with school.

You can't say I am doing bad. Number 1 in the continent, in the top 100 world ranking.