"Teh Discussion"

DeletedUser

SIFkS.png

DeletedUser

okay, this is ridiculous... the only basis you have for that statement is that your players are hitting delete... here are the options as I see them to reality:

1. The players (coincidentally it seems to be players we are targetting when they hit delete) themselves give up and want their real lives back.

2. Someone formerly in D*D with a vendeta against D*D leadership hacked the accounts (we have had this very thing happen in cult, except that player gifted villages from the account to D*D, rather then hitting delete, and we were able to get the account back under our control. This has happened twice with the same player hacking the accounts...

3. Inactivity - it happens.

If you are insinuating that it is a player from cult, then it would have to be a player from CULTRO that is doing it, since we are the ones doing a lot more of the attacking against those players that hit delete, when they do.... and if that is the case then you are insinuating that the culprit is either AP, PO, Jerpmom, walkman, oscarius, or myself... as we are the ones that have attacked most recently.... so I ask you this.... would you like to remove that ridiculous claim now? The above players are 100% not guilty of that due to the integrity that EVERYONE knows they play with, and above and beyond that, none of the listed players above are computer geniouses capable of hacking someones account...the only way any of the above players could possibly do that is if the D*D player(s) in question gave them the account password... and we know that did not happen, so no use talking about that possibility.

so lets stop living in a world of fantasy now, where everything that you do not like is the direct fault of your enemy...remember its like my Dad used to tell me when I was a teenager, for every finger I point at someone else, four others point back at me... So reality is normally the simplest of the options...so you do the math, which of the above options is the simplest option? that some Mothers and Fathers of Children (working Moms and Dads to top it all off, all respected in their community, none of whom work in the computer industry) would be capable of hacking into your accounts and force hitting the account to hit delete? or that someone from within D*D with a vendetta against your leadership hijacked the accounts and hit delete, or that the player themselves just hit delete? I would have to say that one of the former two is more likely...and we all know there is no shortage of players who have vendetta's against current D*D leadership for a variety of reasons... but its always bad business to point the finger in your internal circle when there is a completely vulnerable opponent you are trying to pain as evil, right across the map...

In short, this is not propaganda... propaganda has a basis of fact and realism with it, or is at least believable...this is not anywhere even close to believable... and lets add one more evidence to this... if we were smart enough (computer wise) to hack your accounts, why would we pick accounts that are not the most dangerous?? if we (cult) were going to hack accounts, would we not select dangerous players to hack their accounts? players like wander, or you pogues (selecting leadership is always a good way to kill an opponent), or how about bpell and cogge... but lets face reality, of these accounts, only Leesupport abandoning has in anyway benefited us, and we would much rather have kept him alive, as then D*D would only try to stop the bleeding and we would get more villages, then the current layout where both parties are fighting over barbs... so please stop the excuses, stop the finger pointing, and remember whatever is the simplest option, is typically the truth.

Kreger

DeletedUser

Darn it PO! You reveled my secret identity as Hacker Monkey! Now how am I going to rule the world?

Lee - best of luck to you in RL.

leesupport

PO, your saying I'm wasn't the greatest player? :eek:

Thanks AP, will kinda miss not being around and the people i have become friends with.
Ill have my MSN if you want to keep in tough, send me a pm

DeletedUser

If the account of an active player is hacked and deleted you can be sure that a firestorm is sure to erupt! This is the 4th hacking we've experienced in a few weeks time. We saved two inactive accounts with the help of original owners (a new owner is playing one) and LeeSupport is one of two that were deleted. Since last March, D*D has had an internal grievance procedure and it's rarely been used, so unlikely we have any disgruntled members. There is no reason to believe that OT is involved. And the possibility of these incidents being randomly committed by outside people who have no interest in W3 is extremely remote. LeeSupport has been the subject of well known ongoing controversy with Cult going back months. The war in Lee's area is especially intense and active between D*D and Cult. And a Cult player brought it to our attention that Lee was barb, which could be innocent and coincidental that they were looking at the map and noticed, or maybe they had advance knowledge that the account was deleted and were watching and waiting for it to go barb. This is somewhat speculation, but the mounting circumstantial evidence, points to Cult and no one else. The hacker is casting a dark shadow of suspicion over Cult family so you should all be concerned and I hope you will look for perpetrators among your ranks and encourage them to come forward and take responsibility.

darkaniken2

Kahn, there has been a player going around stealing accounts. Whether or not that happened here, I can't say. But to point your finger at cult with absolutely no concrete proof, and flimsy circumstantial proof at best is rediculous and rude.

DeletedUser

PO, your saying I'm wasn't the greatest player? :eek:

Thanks AP, will kinda miss not being around and the people i have become friends with.
Ill have my MSN if you want to keep in tough, send me a pm

You were the greatest player! That is why A.P. went after you first!
Good Luck in RL and if you ever want back in the game I'll hack into A.P.'s account myself so you can have it!:icon_razz:

DeletedUser19028

And a Cult player brought it to our attention that Lee was barb, which could be innocent and coincidental that they were looking at the map and noticed, or maybe they had advance knowledge that the account was deleted and were watching and waiting for it to go barb. This is somewhat speculation, but the mounting circumstantial evidence, points to Cult and no one else.

or maybe we had scripts with his vills, and once we attacked, we noticed it was barb??? :icon_eek:

this conspiracy theory against us is really ridiculous.... I think that after all these years we've been playing together/against, seeing players leave is never as gratifying as battling with them. It sure helps, but it's not as fun.

I sure hope that whoever is doing this will stop or get caught.

DeletedUser

Kahn, there has been a player going around stealing accounts. Whether or not that happened here, I can't say. But to point your finger at cult with absolutely no concrete proof, and flimsy circumstantial proof at best is rediculous and rude.

Let me stress this is not just a hacker stealing an inactive account for themselves to play, it's deletion of an active account. An enemy would have a motive and the particular enemies of LeeSupport are suspect. Remember that a Cult member was mass launched on by D*D about six months ago in retaliation for some offensive remarks he made to Lee. The targeted Cult player had over 20K incoming and was catted down a good bit, so any number of Cult members have a motive for revenge. You have a point darkaniken, so to cover all bases, I will ask MrsC to investigate among OT's ranks and forbid her members to commit rule violations like this.

And yes high crimes need to be made public and if it makes some people uncomfortable, it can't be causing as much annoyance as we feel right now about losing a good player and friend who quit because of this incident.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the suggestion Luci, but a support ticket will do nothing toward accomplishing what I want to see. I want the perpetrator to man up and take responsibility. We will see whether he or she has enough backbone to come forward.

DeletedUser

Thanks for the suggestion Luci, but a support ticket will do nothing toward accomplishing what I want to see. I want the perpetrator to man up and take responsibility. We will see whether he or she has enough backbone to come forward.

So why don't you just say here and now who you think did it. Man up yourself and make an actual accusation.

DeletedUser

Caroline...Caroline...Caroline...

I have had a great deal of respect for you in the past... but here is some food for thought... I found it went barbarian likely minutes after the account went barb due to attacks I had to that location, and noticing on my reports that I had attacks landing on a barb... ad I was not attacking any barbs... so I looked and realized that it was Leesupports account that had gone barbarian, which as any good leader would do, noticing that an account on the front lines had gone barbarian would do... I immediatly posted in the general Cult forums... where yes your spy was able to see...

now this here brings up another interesting aspect of reality...

lets assume that a cultist grabbed the account...
1. Why would a cultist grab the account and at the VERY least not claim his "friend" had an account in D*D, and let me or other Cultist leaders know the D*D forums? As we do not use spies like you do, this could be very helpful intel.
2. Would a cultist hacker not have contacted AP, PO, Jerpmom, Abie, Myself and other cultists with locations that were cleared for us to take with ease? at the very least through skype? yet, this was not done... or at the very least clear all the villages for us?? (this was done to the yukon1972 account courtesy of a D*D sympathizer who hacked that account from us - TWICE!!)
3. Would a cultist hacker not have used Leesupports units against his own tribemates perhaps? or tried to "steal" the account to cult? (remember D*D has done this in the past to cult - rest in peace Ssasf)
4. Would a cultist hacker not have at least notified us somehow of something going on? we had no clue, until like I mentioned I noticed that I was now attacking a barbarian village, and not a players village...

seriously Caroline, I am very very disappointed in you right now... the evidence of your claim is....well.... about as strong in evidence as me claiming the Calgary Flames will win the Stanley Cup this year in the NHL... as much as I might wish it to be so... it is still a fantasy thought of epic proportions... so please stop your accussations and finger pointing... while you are pointing fingers at cult in this instance, perhaps it is because you KNOW D*D HAS BEEN GUILTY OF THIS VERY ACT AND CAUGHT WITH PROOF REGARDING THIS IN THE PAST? So while I agree this sucks and was not fair at all to Leesupport, or others, and I would happily give lee an account if I had one available (I like Leesupport and always have), but to place the blame on our family of tribes...is well... pretty low.... expecially for you Caroline...shame....that is all I can say...shame on you.

kreger

DeletedUser

Lord kreger, please note, I'm not naming any particular person. I really have no idea who it is. I doubt the perpetrator is an enemy that I know personally. I am chatting with Valnor Lathriel on msn right now, he is expressing his concern about this matter. I assured him I didn't mean to imply it was him. I don't think he would do such a thing. I can't imagine anyone in Cult leadership doing something like this. But please understand if the war is going to be fought by deleting accounts, then the integrity of the game is undermined, there will be no war, and there will no longer be a game for us to play.

DeletedUser

This is what D*D knows...

We've lost several players/accounts to very suspicious circumstances that no one, including the owner, can explain.

Everything else is nothing more than suspicion and supposition. The official stance of D*D is one of wariness, and I have suggested/ordered to all members of D*D to take appropriate action and make their passwords much harder to hack.

I also asked Kreger and Mrs. C to do whatever they could to prevent such hacking actions taken by their members IF any of their members might be involved. Really all they can do is say "pretty please with sugar on top if you are doing this to D*D please stop". This is not to say if accounts are being hacked in D*D that someone(s) in Cult and/or OT are responsible, it is just another way to try to stop it from happening.

All I know if it continues to happen, well it'll probably have a huge affect on D*D and in turn this world.

I hope some apologies can be made to Leesupport, because it seems comments made have drove him from the game.

DeletedUser

Instead of eveyone turning beady eyes on everyone else here, it is quite possible that there is a low life 'Hacker' at work here, thats arent actually playing in this game or world. I work in Computer Technology and the 'hackers' work is all over the place, evident everyday,whether it be with viruses or disruption of peoples Pc's or indeed in industry. Bearing this in mind ...has ANYONE bothered to enquire of the Mods in other worlds whether or not they are experiencing similar happening??

..Or is it just that we ALL like to turn on each other and question the integrity of players we have known for a long long time. We may be on opposing sides, and we may from time to time have a 'rotten apple' surface on either side ....but in tha main, people here are decent.

How sad it is that we let a damn good game be blighted .. not by the 'Hackers' but by the instant dissing of everyone intergrity who plays it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

well stated Angel... and essentially my point... this does not have to be a cultist, or a player from OTB... and by your own decleration Caroline, you did point the finger directly at cult and specifically stated that you knew it was no one in D*D, nor in OTB responsable, and that it was cult responsable... so you did straight away declare a guilty party without evidence...and I believe I have very clearly given shadow to your testimony on this matter that if this were cult, then certain things would have been done...they were not.
so it can not be cult. case closed... this is not someone that has direct link to any of the three major tribes in the game...

kreger