TF/PX vs. the world

DeletedUser

launched the farm?

oh that's right... i forgot, after she spends hours launching fakes and not doing her homework, you're expected to hit delete!

DeletedUser

Cal- and Rattle were great fighters. They were always on the war frontlines, actually fought ACTIVES and even made a few quit. I don't understand why you would be bagging her out when none of you measure up to her prowess. You were not going to beat them otherwise.

There is a massive difference between fighting against an active and gangbanging dead accounts. You could train up even a monkey to noble 100 inactive villages a day.

DeletedUser

Cal- and Rattle were great fighters. They were always on the war frontlines, actually fought ACTIVES and even made a few quit. I don't understand why you would be bagging her out when none of you measure up to her prowess. You were not going to beat them otherwise.

There is a massive difference between fighting against an active and gangbanging dead accounts. You could train up even a monkey to noble 100 inactive villages a day.

LOL - Cal (and a bunch of her tribe mates) gave me her best shot and was found wanting. You are either vastly over-rating Cal or (I hope) vastly underrating me. Assuming the latter I suspect you have some rough times ahead... :)

DeletedUser

Hmm... you haven't quite hit that rate against ZZDragon yet.
Need a banana?

Keep the banana, you need it :)

zz may not have been fighting against Apoc, and thus DM's fast expansion in the area, but he has tried to attack me back and move troops against me. I just make it look easy :)

Btw, is Davidemah an inactive too?

DeletedUser

Hmm... you haven't quite hit that rate against ZZDragon yet.
Need a banana?

I'm looking through your conquers list and trying to find a single moment in time where you have either A: fought by yourself or B: actually attacked a target that wasn't already dead.

Not finding any.

I hate to break it to you, but MsBella is 10 times the player you will ever be.

The best part to me, is all the complaining you guys do over the HUGE 4 players in =V= giving you trouble. And how UBER stacked we are. Clue for you, none of us are stacked by anyone but ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

LOL - Cal (and a bunch of her tribe mates) gave me her best shot and was found wanting. You are either vastly over-rating Cal or (I hope) vastly underrating me. Assuming the latter I suspect you have some rough times ahead... :)

Andrew, out of the guys in our initial chat room, you and MF were the only 2 I have never actually seen in action. My post wasn't about you specifically.

I just remember Cal and Rattle from our original war against Apoc and they were always on the fronts when most were barb whoring or inactive due to RL or other. I also know that they did put in a huge effort when they were 100% active. It just pisses me off that as soon as they go, people still lack respect. Whether you like them or not, they were worthy opponents - much better then at least 90% in your tribe. They are gone now so just let them go in peace or is that really too much to ask?

Even AA - most hated him, but without him on W18 how much more boring would it have been? You need the exciting and eccentric characters to spice things up. It's not a pre-requisite that they need to be liked - this isn't a popularity contest.

DeletedUser

I agree w.r.t characters in the game but, following your own train of thought, the fact that those guys have left does not grant them immunity from criticism. In fact the manner of their departure invites criticism.

You should be aware that both Cal and Snake have always played AA-stylee i.e. they purposely attracted fire (including, at times, from their own tribal family) knowing they had plenty of support from elsewhere in their tribe. In WoW parlance they acted as the classic tank.

We have known this for some time and therefore actively *ignored* them while focussing on their tribemates (who were supporting them). I don't think I sent a single nuke directly at Cal in response to her 10K+ fakes and several hundred nukes. I just kept plugging away at her support. This wasn't an expression of fear, it was simply good gameplay.

I'm guessing being ignored is really annoying. Did that contribute to their departure? Who knows? But they are gone. At the risk of over-WoWing this discussion, a party doesn't last very long after their tank dies. I just hope - for their supporters sake - that their support doesn't take too long to get home ;-)

DeletedUser

I hate to break it to you <language snipped>, but MsBella is 10 times the player you will ever be.

I hate to dignify your remark with a response, but by what objective measure would you like to base that comparison?

Bella, I appreciate you took the comment in jest, as it was intended. You walked into it with a facetious remark, and I took the zinger. :) I'm still doing my best to refrain from the bashing.

Zurtle's opinion of me ceased to matter long before he left Apoc.

DeletedUser

I agree w.r.t characters in the game but, following your own train of thought, the fact that those guys have left does not grant them immunity from criticism. In fact the manner of their departure invites criticism.

You should be aware that both Cal and Snake have always played AA-stylee i.e. they purposely attracted fire (including, at times, from their own tribal family) knowing they had plenty of support from elsewhere in their tribe. In WoW parlance they acted as the classic tank.

We have known this for some time and therefore actively *ignored* them while focussing on their tribemates (who were supporting them). I don't think I sent a single nuke directly at Cal in response to her 10K+ fakes and several hundred nukes. I just kept plugging away at her support. This wasn't an expression of fear, it was simply good gameplay.

I'm guessing being ignored is really annoying. Did that contribute to their departure? Who knows? But they are gone. At the risk of over-WoWing this discussion, a party doesn't last very long after their tank dies. I just hope - for their supporters sake - that their support doesn't take too long to get home ;-)

LOL at the WoW references but thank goodness I have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about (Tribalwars is too much of a real life disaster as is, hehe) - I do get the gist though.

Let's assume that you are right about Cal- and Rattle and that they were the worst leaders ever and the worst possible tribemates you could have and that's why they have been criticised and continue to be so.

So why do the remaining members of =V= get criticised on game play, especially Zurtle? None of us play 'AA style' (although I loved AA's character and miss him) and only one of us has ever been a tribemate of yours - once again, not directing this at just you. Macman even went so far as to say that Zurtle's only war front was K58! Like really?? Most of his villages are totally surrounded by red and he has been defending for several weeks now with no help, but instead of being treated as a worthy opponent and respected as such, lame excuses such as he is stacked, etc are used. Apoc members turn everything into an opportunity to criticise him or talk down his efforts and achievements just because they couldn't break him or because they couldn't get him to just hand over his villages to them (like they are used to). As I recall, he used to be just fine when he was a Duke of Apoc.

I guess my point is that Apoc members will criticise everybody outside the Apoc family until we either have an Apoc tag besides our name - look at Concrete as a prime example (I'm pretty sure you were in those skype chats but I am not 100% sure), or as soon as that Apoc tag is removed. Some excuse or another will be fabricated to justify those criticisms. Just the way it is..

DeletedUser

LOL at the WoW references but thank goodness I have no idea whatsoever what you are talking about (Tribalwars is too much of a real life disaster as is, hehe) - I do get the gist though.

Let's assume that you are right about Cal- and Rattle and that they were the worst leaders ever and the worst possible tribemates you could have and that's why they have been criticised and continue to be so.

So why do the remaining members of =V= get criticised on game play, especially Zurtle? None of us play 'AA style' (although I loved AA's character and miss him) and only one of us has ever been a tribemate of yours - once again, not directing this at just you. Macman even went so far as to say that Zurtle's only war front was K58! Like really?? Most of his villages are totally surrounded by red and he has been defending for several weeks now with no help, but instead of being treated as a worthy opponent and respected as such, lame excuses such as he is stacked, etc are used. Apoc members turn everything into an opportunity to criticise him or talk down his efforts and achievements just because they couldn't break him or because they couldn't get him to just hand over his villages to them (like they are used to). As I recall, he used to be just fine when he was a Duke of Apoc.

I guess my point is that Apoc members will criticise everybody outside the Apoc family until we either have an Apoc tag besides our name - look at Concrete as a prime example (I'm pretty sure you were in those skype chats but I am not 100% sure), or as soon as that Apoc tag is removed. Some excuse or another will be fabricated to justify those criticisms. Just the way it is..

Generalising a bit, don't you think? Not all members use these external forums, so how could they automatically be criticising anyone not Apoc?

DeletedUser

I didn't say the worst ever (or didn't mean to). In fact they appear to have generated significant loyalty to their banner so they should get credit for that. The manner of their departure has, rightly, generated significant ciriticism. However, Cal- and Rattle were certainly up there as the worst leaders within in a family/alliance ever. But I guess that is unlikely to generate many sage nods outside of Apoc!

My read is their posturing was intended to marginalise/ostracise at least one member tribe of Apoc in the belief that the others would side with them. When their rather clumsy machiavellian efforts failed, in a fit of pique, they got their tribemates into a war that they have no chance of winning. Realising this fact they took off in the dead of night. Your opinion my differ but I regard their behaviour as beneath contempt (OK, perhaps a bit strong).
So why do the remaining members of =V= get criticised on game play, especially Zurtle?
He does? I clearly haven't been paying attention! Zurtle is one of the best (almost on a par with mhausig) defenders in the game. Anyone who says differently is clearly mad ;-) If I have a criticism of the man it is directed at his seeming hatred (probably too strong a word) of his former co-leaders. But, I suspect, he has his reasons.
(although I loved AA's character and miss him)
The character was amusing. I hope the personality we saw on these forums was "in role". Unfortunately I suspect we saw glimpses of the man and those glimpses weren't pretty...
Macman even went so far as to say that Zurtle's only war front was K58! Like really?? Most of his villages are totally surrounded by red and he has been defending for several weeks now with no help, but instead of being treated as a worthy opponent and respected as such, lame excuses such as he is stacked, etc are used.
Mac's comments were not a criticism of Zurtle, they were simply an observation of our disposition. Zurtle's western villages are on our backlines. Unsurprisingly our backlines are not configured for close range war. (Or at least they weren't!)
Apoc members turn everything into an opportunity to criticise him or talk down his efforts and achievements just because they couldn't break him or because they couldn't get him to just hand over his villages to them (like they are used to).
This is a war game. I would be surprised if any member of Apoc gave anything but a grudging respect for the performance of one of our enemies. That's the price of being on the "wrong side" ;-)
As I recall, he used to be just fine when he was a Duke of Apoc.
Equally Zurtle's co-leaders were touted as the epitome of honour and fair-dealing by Zurtle. Strangely, when he switched sides he decides we were all back-stabbers. Go figure...
I guess my point is that Apoc members will criticise everybody outside the Apoc family until we either have an Apoc tag besides our name
See 2 responses up!
lJust the way it is..
You got it!

DeletedUser

@ Hammer : I was referring to the vocal ones, they know who they are. Why would I be criticising someone who has never said anything?

@ Andrew : I wasn't attempting to change any of your attitudes as I know that would be futile. I was merely reflecting, and thus my 'just the way it is' comment at the end.

DeletedUser

it is interesting how Apoc is talking about Cal and Rattle now comparing to how they were talking about them when they were part of them. :icon_wink:

DeletedUser45512

you are no longer part of this world or are you again so you wil not be up to date on happenings in the world if it is true you no longer play this world kindly leave this forum immediatly as your trolling is not needed or considered worth a read most of the time

DeletedUser53573

Fred that made no sense whatsoever.

Guess we can expect that much from a top 20 barb nobler.

DeletedUser

it is interesting how Apoc is talking about Cal and Rattle now comparing to how they were talking about them when they were part of them. :icon_wink:

It is isn't it. I think you'll find many of our views remain consistent i.e. they were loose cannons. Of course we were prepared to defend their "eccenticies" as they we part of the family (as one does one's RL family) but there comes a time when actions become indefensible. Both were guilty of getting into spats with family members in the past. On numerous occasions we tried to calm the situation down and let bygones be bygones. Unfortunately actively colluding and conspiring with the enemy was beyond the limits of even us.

DeletedUser

Fred that made no sense whatsoever.

Guess we can expect that much from a top 20 barb nobler.

yes it did. You just need to understand it. Ill break it down for you.

He said, because the person in question has not been on the world for a while, he may need to catch up before posting.

He also asked a few times if he had rejoined inbetween.

He also told him to get off the forum because he was trolling and was not listened to alot of the time (Relate to).

Ignorance Terminated.