The (almost) Complete TW Dictionary.

• Thread starter Agent Incognito
  • Start date

DeletedUser

what does the acronym iirc mean? It's one of the few i don't know

DeletedUser

Very nifty for the novice user, includes ya regular internet lingo too, nice :).

- Lee

DeletedUser

-wanders by in attempt to procrastinate on the last day of holidays-

Hee. Thanks. Good to know people are still getting use from it. :)

-drifts into the mists of time and The Real World for another 3 months-

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

-wanders by in attempt to procrastinate on the last day of holidays-

Hee. Thanks. Good to know people are still getting use from it. :)

-drifts into the mists of time and The Real World for another 3 months-

You dropped by and didn't say hi to us in w29? D: I'z hurt Ai :icon_cry:

DeletedUser

Thank you Agent Incognito, I was looking for this on the .Us Forums.

DeletedUser

No probs. I've only put it on the .net and .uk forum... so unless anyone else works up the enthusiasm to distribute it to other servers, ya pretty much have to check one of those two. :p

EDIT: Hrm. Someone put it on the .us forum too. -blank nod-.

DeletedUser

Term not on there

Heavy Nobling-Sending multiple nukes with a noble within the space of a noble train. Heavy nobling is best employed against players who know how to snipe because the extra offense sent with the noble will kill off most snipes

DeletedUser

A.I. I have a question for you regarding one of your definitions:

Refugee: A player that is under attack, and looking for a tribe to join, in order to get protection from them. The general rule is to dismiss players if they’re found to be refugees, and leave them to the attacker.

Another common definition for the term refugee is anyone from a tribe defeated in war(or losing, if they war is still ongoing) who joins a another tribe.

Now, was the exclusion of this second meaning on purpose(since it is the definition that leads to the most heated debates, whereas the first definition is almost universally accepted) or just an oversight?

DeletedUser

Another common definition for the term refugee is anyone from a tribe defeated in war(or losing, if they war is still ongoing) who joins a another tribe.

Now, was the exclusion of this second meaning on purpose(since it is the definition that leads to the most heated debates, whereas the first definition is almost universally accepted) or just an oversight?

Usually the attacking tribe will only care that the person left if they are being attacked, thus making it fall under the current definition. I do admit that it would be better, for clarity, to add that second definition though.

DeletedUser

Usually the attacking tribe will only care that the person left if they are being attacked, thus making it fall under the current definition. I do admit that it would be better, for clarity, to add that second definition though.

Not usually. In fact, I would say that usually the attacking tribe would call all former members of the tribe refugees and the refugees, or people who recruit them would call them not refugees. Which is why I brought this up, as in World 48 this has become an issue and someone referenced this "dictionary."

DeletedUser

Refugee: A player that is under attack, and looking for a tribe to join, in order to get protection from them. The general rule is to dismiss players if they’re found to be refugees, and leave them to the attacker.

It's the same thing. I just gave a general idea, without applying the concept to any specific/concrete scenarios.

A refugee is a player who is under attack (or who was recently under attack, if you like), and is looking for a tribe to join. They could be a player already in a tribe, not in a tribe, in a war, in a conflict against a single player, etc etc etc. I didn't (and am not going to) put in every scenario in which each definition could apply.

Think I stated that at the beginning.

The general idea that a refugee is someone under attack and looking to join a tribe for protection doesn't change. But I'm not gonna list every circumstance in which that individual player could be placed. :p

This "dictionary", as you call it, was merely a guideline. How each tribe leader perceives individual cases is up to them. I'm sure there'll be debate on various terms. It wasn't meant to be something that arguments were necessarily settled by... it was originally designed as a basic introduction to TW terminology for beginning players.

Anywho. Aware this is several weeks late, so the issue probably doesn't exist anymore, but ... I haven't been on here in some time. Someone just linked me to this, so I thought I'd respond.

Now...

DeletedUser

Thanks for the response, A.I. I realized you weren't trying to point out specific scenarios with the definition. It was just a question that popped in my head when someone tried using your definition as a standard when recruiting war refugees. (These refugees had never come under attack, but were merely guilty by association, you could say.) So I thought I'd see if you had tailored the definition on purpose to avoid that debate, or just overlooked that aspect of the term.

DeletedUser

Well, typically speaking, if Tribe A wars Tribe B, and Tribe A thrashes Tribe B... then recruits some of Tribe B's members.. you could label them 'war refugees.' But I personally think that's a bit of a stretch, since tribes often recruit players they warred, that showed skill in fighting. By the same token, if someone was never actually involved in the war, I wouldn't really classify them as refugees, since they're not... trying to seek protection from anything.

Being a refugee (in my mind) is very specific to a player that's under attack and seeking protection. So I probably overlooked it purely coz that doesn't really strike me as being a refugee.

But I'm not really the be-all and end-all on this. Leaders will do whatever they like, in the interests of their tribes. This wasn't meant to be a set of rules to play by... just a guide to terminology. :p

DeletedUser

I was actually thinking of Tribe A thrashes Tribe B, then Tribe C recruits some of the members of Tribe B. A lot of people consider them to be refugees. Of course, my philosophy on that is they are refugees as long as you are willing to do something about it.

DeletedUser

-shrug-

Guess it depends on when? And who. If it was someone that was clearly getting nobled and taken out, yah, refugee. If it was just someone who'd been in Tribe B, but wasn't attacked, and was looking for a new tribe after Tribe B disbanded or whatever... naw. Which again, is why I'd say someone has to actively be under attack to be considered a refugee. Doesn't hold much credibility to me to be able to say "We attacked 3 members of your tribe, now you're all refugees."

Or whatever. :p