The (almost) Complete TW Dictionary.

• Thread starter Agent Incognito
  • Start date

CodaAlFine

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Well, typically speaking, if Tribe A wars Tribe B, and Tribe A thrashes Tribe B... then recruits some of Tribe B's members.. you could label them 'war refugees.' But I personally think that's a bit of a stretch, since tribes often recruit players they warred, that showed skill in fighting. By the same token, if someone was never actually involved in the war, I wouldn't really classify them as refugees, since they're not... trying to seek protection from anything.

Quite so - that's common practice, and known as "spoils of war", or even "surrender conditions". But what Pyker is talking about is also very common. When anyone at all who was in tribe B, is off-limits for recruitment in Tribe A. This actually does make sense, because when you've done taking the players you thought were good, as described above, you don't actually want the rest in your tribe, because you thought they were crap. So they are just labelled as "refugees" and claimed as targets by Tribe A no matter what tribe they join afterward. This is to "bags" them when you don't have time to noble every player right now.

DeletedUser

Ofc. :icon_smile:

Very few of the things I wrote descriptions for encompass every aspect of whatever it is. Acts of war, for instance, are very much up to individual duke interpretations. Some may think scouting is an act of war, some might not. Some might hold NAPs as a binding agreement, some might see them as a momentary peace before the inevitable declaration. Etc.

Which (aside from the fact I couldn't be bothered) is why I haven't listed every scenario for each term. There are too many variables. I wouldn't consider anyone who hadn't been attacked to be a refugee, but I can see why some dukes might say "We hit 90% of the tribe, it disbanded, anyone you now recruit will be a refugee."

And that, in a nutshell, is why I find it bemusing when people reference the OP to try and win arguments. Cuz at no point was this meant to be used in that fashion. I'm sure as hell not conceited enough to say what I've written is the only way to view anything. :lol:

Hence the repeated stressing that anything written here are only definitions, not guides on how to play. :icon_neutral:

Edit: Added extra stuff to 'Refugee' definition. If anyone has any further comments / suggestions / complaints / etc, you've got about 36 hours to share them with me, before I disappear again until roughly mid-December. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser95536

I dont know how common a term this is but:

Hybrid Village: A nuke with HC instead of LC, this village takes longer to build and costs more resources but does more damage when attacking and can defend to a certain degree as well.

And just to emphasize:
yeesh.jpg

DeletedUser

A hybrid ? most people just call it an HC nuke, i have never heard of it being called a hybrid.

DeletedUser

Pro. I found this quite humorous. And to wrap it all up and tie a bow on it, i learned something.

Go figure.

DeletedUser

Heh. Er. Haven't been on the forums in almost 5 months. So... glad this is still useful to some degree. :)

DeletedUser

AI, you know this will never become useless... at least as long as you don't leave.
Oh wait... :icon_wink:

:icon_biggrin:

Yeh, I imagine some of it is a bit redundant/outdated now, and there may be other information that'd be useful in it these days. Sadly, I wouldn't have a clue. :p

Hai Tyr!
/squish

DeletedUser

Morale Basher

I miss a Morale Basher explanation in this dictionary

A Morale Basher, or Basher for short, is something that occurs on worlds that have morale (ie worlds where there is a penalty for bigger players to attack smaller.)

A big player will team up with a smallish (5-10 villages, typically) player. The smaller player will build up nukes, and clear some of the big player's targets. The big player will then go and noble them once cleared, without losing huge numbers of troops because of morale.

In return, the big player will send the smallish player resources and (sometimes) support troops.

The smallish player is called the Basher, because (s)he Bashes down walls, and kills off defence troops on behalf of the bigger, but doesn't actually noble the village.

Though, a lot of the motivation to BE a basher seems to be that some people just want to play a world that isn't too time-consuming, and 5-10 villages hits the gameplay sweet spot from their point of view.

DeletedUser

I can't find an automated program that matches increasing ODA and ODD (can also include the delay of ODA, when all troops died) to show who has attacked whom anywhere. i have looked all over and only found it mentioned in your dictionary. could someone please tell me where i can find it?

DeletedUser

I can't find an automated program that matches increasing ODA and ODD (can also include the delay of ODA, when all troops died) to show who has attacked whom anywhere. i have looked all over and only found it mentioned in your dictionary. could someone please tell me where i can find it?

would this be a correct use of the term bump?

DeletedUser

If you could map increases to the second, you might be able to get a reliable tool, but TW data only updates every hour. It's pretty much impossible to have any half-reliable tool that does that.

would this be a correct use of the term bump?
Only sort of, because your post actually has a point, unlike many posts that could be called a bump.

DeletedUser93836

Some more terms often used inskype chats:

CYA: cover your ass
FYI: for your information
TTYL: talk to you later

Hope this helps

DeletedUser

Baron Von Barbmunchausen.............the eternal barb muncher!! A player who concentrates on nobling barbs.