The Axis vs. The Axis

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
images.jpeg-234.jpg

Let me make it clear that from the start it will be impossible for me to remain totally unbiased, but I am writing this from the heart for a world I love playing and I have not consulted my tribe or duke’s or even my dear velv so I hope they take mercy on me.

“I’m never less at leisure than when at leisure, or less alone than when alone.”
– Scipio Africanus

Let’s begin with an analysis of the current situation and why we are where we are. Undeniably, Ruckus has acted arrogantly towards many tribes this world. In my personal opinion the border agreement with Design was massively unfair to Design and I totally understand why they were bitter. On the same side, I know the leadership at Ruckus was just trying to test the resolve of Design as most people believed that AMG and Design would duke it out to the death. There are two sides to every story and to everyone, their opposition is the enemy. So instead of naming this thread “Axis vs. Allies” I decided to name it what I feel best reflects the current situation. We are both the Axis to each other so there is no point in arguing over that. But why I chose to theme it after the world wars was because of a few similarities. Namely, 2 traditionally long-time enemies banding together to take down a common foe (like the British and French did to the Germans and what AMG and Design hope to achieve here) and the seemingly cultural split almost between the tribes. It seems Ruckus is very European heavy while Design and AMG full of Americans and the like. Finally, it is a full-on world war so enough dilly dally let’s jump into the Axis vs. Axis.

axistwmap1.jpg

The lines have been drawn. Some have been crossed temporarily and others erased completely, but ultimately, they seem to shift like a lonely schooner in the open seas.

The first Coalition of the Axis (CA as we’ll call them) contains Design (~30.7m), AMG (~30.7m), DMG (~3m), and LotA (~4.4m). This is a combined total point strength of approximately 68.4m points total with roughly 8k villages. On the flip of the Axis we have the… let’s call them the Axis Coalition (AC as we’ll call them) – containing Ruckus (~45m), .M. (~11.6m), SARCOW (~5.7m) and misfit (~3.7m) for a grand total of ~66m points total and roughly 7k villages. Now while the Coalition of the Axis does have the numerical advantage, it is insignificant enough to blame as a factor for the failings of Ruckus so far.

yVni3XN.png

There seem to be three distinct fronts and two of them are severely neglected. This is not to take away from the incredible OPs design have pulled off on Ruckus causing absolute havoc and pulling over 100 villages ahead in the scoreboard. They decimated SL from the top spot and shocked the world and all credit deserves to go to them for that. But the north is not the only front. There is still war raging in the core fiercely as it has been for months, with Ruckus smashing DMG/OUT/Psycho whatever they go by now… and pushing into the heartlands of AMG. Moreover, newly formed fronts in the south have arguably levelled the playing field especially factoring in the decimation of Mr. Smith, who despite his near impossible positioning to defend fell without so much as a whimper. We can all selectively pick stats how we want but I think it’s time we buckle down and realize the situation we are in. A 2 sided world war. The CA are winning in the north for now, while the AC are winning in the south and core to a lesser extent for now. But as I mentioned above, the times change and who knows what the battle lines will look like in a few months…. Design have shown us how easily it is to change a solid cluster from blue to red with a few good OPs so I’m excited for what the future has In store. I do wanna speak about the two coalitions now.

twmap3.png

Let’s begin with the AC this time.

images.jpeg-235.jpg

Arguably headed by Ruckus, purely based on size but currently SARCOW and .M. are doing the heavy lifting and the relationship between the trio is looking really solid. The SL OP hit Ruckus hard but luckily there is smart leadership here. We solidified our friends, we have humbled and most importantly we are ready to rumble.

“…we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender…”
-Winston Churchill (but I imagine Elmas saying it)

As for the South, SARCOW and .M. have absolutely decimated Mr. Smith to a top account to nothing… given his position was near impossible to hold forever, the rate he gave it up was alarming to say the least – perhaps just an indication of the underestimation some have of .M. and SARCOW as top tier players.

“moooo”
-IPanda

With the AC covered now let’s talk the CA.

images.jpeg-236.jpg

A much more interesting coalition given the history between AMG and Design however as many now know, the real beef was with WUS over AMG. This alliance is a very strong one and they have several near proxy tribes well positioned to keep the AC busy such as LotA. Design have pulled off some beautiful OPs thus far but their allies are not looking quite as hot. Now that Mr. Smith is gone and the frontline is solid I will be very interested to see what happens in the south.

“If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn’t thinking.”
-George Patton (but I imagine Babin saying it)

Babin has honestly shown he is a much more capable leader than I think Ruckus expected. With w109 ending so quickly, which btw Ruckus and myself should have been more closely tracked it opened a plethora of new skilled players for Babin to recruit from. Design seem to have spent weeks building the perfect front and unarguably their strategy is paying off. While the OP on SL was a surprise attack it was naïve to keep the area unstacked. Like Pearl Harbour they swooped in quickly and damaged a significant asset and It’s now up to Ruckus and the AC to respond, and they need to do so fast.

xjxX7bQ.png

Players names are highlighted where they have been OPed moderately to severely (that I could find)

Anyways, I’ve had a couple when I wrote this I’m just ranting and will have posted this tomorrow with pics but (Pics added) I am damn tired of the literal and figurative pissing contest going on rn. Let’s make this world fun again please. The game is dying, let’s have one final awesome world war. But don’t forget who really pulls the strings of this game.... innos pocket.

“The war is not meant to be won, it is meant to be continuous. Hierarchical society is only possible on the basis of poverty and ignorance. This new version is the past and no different past can ever have existed. In principle the war effort is always planned to keep society on the brink of starvation. The war is waged by the ruling group against its own subjects and its object is not the victory over either Eurasia or East Asia, but to keep the very structure of society intact.”
-George Orwell

Hope you enjoyed - maps have been added sorry if they seem a bit out of twack I didn't have too much time to make em.

d66x2NX.png

Last edited:

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Nice. Clean style and play by play.
I like the pictures and once you’ve recovered from writing all that mind putting in some war maps from twmaps? Show the lines of the coalition vs axis, zones and Continents? That would really be cool. But I won’t be a bitch if you don’t, that takes up a ton of time :)

Was a good read and understandable from an outsiders perspective on the world at war :)
+1

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score
Nice. Clean style and play by play.
I like the pictures and once you’ve recovered from writing all that mind putting in some war maps from twmaps? Show the lines of the coalition vs axis, zones and Continents? That would really be cool. But I won’t be a bitch if you don’t, that takes up a ton of time :)

Was a good read and understandable from an outsiders perspective on the world at war :)
+1

Yep I was gonna do that tonight but last night I was KOing & today I'm busy - apologies for that !

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Nah no way are apologies needed.

Be hell good to see but. Like a war reporter, the line, I’ve seen villages lost and taken from the other threads.

Pretty awesome though, reminds me of a combination of Starcraft 2, StarshipTroopers and Risk :)

Fleezus Clyde

Forum Personality 2017
Reaction score

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Haha shit, did we just become best friends? Yepppp

That was a good read, I don’t get the pictures but took into consideration the mocking of a couple heh.
Subtle siege tank or 2 for turtle and the Zerg Queen modified hahah

Another awesome write up though, enjoyed it thoroughly.
Keep em coming! :)

DeletedUser44759

Not sure why I'd need consulting, lol.

Pretty balanced article in your expected style tbh.

I always like to see credit where it's due and Design certainly deserve a good measure of that, as do Sarcow et al.

I'm old school enough to find the whole situation very odd tbh, the whole world is essentially what would have been regarded as the core at one time and folks having backs protected by the rim is a novelty with tribes this size for me. It actually reminds me more of the ACW than WW2 in all fairness.

Here's the thing tho', as folks push out from those solid cores both the area they can threaten and the area they must defend grow larger so it's all going to come down to a combination of activity and focus, from whole tribes, not just 4 or 5 players in each, probably this means either a snowball effect for one tribe as they gather momentum or a slow descent into almost static trench warfare and a game of attrition. I've a horrible suspicion it's the latter with the eventual winner being largely about who has the better morale and sticking power (or most sleep).

A big thanks to all playing though, it's been the most fun world for me since maybe w54 and made it worth having yet another "last world" (Been saying that since w22 or so, hahaha)

idontfight

Still Going Strong
Reaction score
Another great post Fleez, enjoying your work.

Good luck both sides, but I feel like once Ruckus have recovered from the SL incident fully, and got a better grasp of the situation they will have an advantage with a couple of the heavy hitters more able to get involved in this.

It will however be interesting to see Babin's leadership.

Plewbs

Reaction score
Good read, easy to follow even when stopped on this world.

Good luck to both sides. Pls keep the outsiders/fallen ones updated now and then with such articles fleezus.

Aaron1985

Non-stop Poster
Reaction score
Amen.

Facts, Information and he’s even going to add in war time info and tw maps when he gets a chance. Can’t wait to see.