The beginning of the end of world 18

DeletedUser91901

It's not that I think that family tribes are destined to fail. I know that if done properly, most things succeed.

It's just that having 252 members... Where's the fun in that? How can you take pride in winning a world when you have more than twice the amount of members that the tribe limit allows?

Props for coordination, I suppose...

DeletedUser91901

This is the equiavalent of Uruguay, Germany, Spain and the Netherlands saying "lol we don't wanna play against each other so we're all sharing 1st-4th place and we're so proud of ourselves and our achievments :D"

(Replace them with New Orleans, Indianopolis, Minnesota and N.Y. Jets if you're American and care more about that stuff.)

You see, for every tribal hug you do you're lessening the worth of the win. And once you get up to 4 tribes... There's no prestige anymore. No nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

And when they started the alliance they had only 1 or 2 tribes in the top 10. lol. I don't know how you come up with this stuff.

DeletedUser67005

:p

DNY first, now the UA is being bashed for how they won the world?

I disagree with pretty much all of UA's tactics. There are players in there that I don't agree with (cough, Andrew, cough) foul mouthed nobody's (Angry Bok!), etc. But they did win the world, and they did have a few players that were great. (MM was still the best :p)

Yared, your bashing is not wanted here. Myself and a select few others are the only ones who can bash UA.

DeletedUser

:p

But they did win the world, and they did have a few players that were great. (MM was still the best :p)

If they were the best they would still be standing. They lost this world....sure you can say RL or whatever you want but they LOST. They are not here to see the end of the world.

Winners = last ones standing = Apoc/BA
Losers = People no longer playing = All those not in Apoc/BA

DeletedUser

Guys, they should at least congratulate them. It's not like you won a world. :icon_rolleyes:

DeletedUser

It's not that I think that family tribes are destined to fail. I know that if done properly, most things succeed.

It's just that having 252 members... Where's the fun in that? How can you take pride in winning a world when you have more than twice the amount of members that the tribe limit allows?

Props for coordination, I suppose...

We take pride in winning cause we weren't always the biggest around. Just a year ago when the final world war started we had about the same number of members. It was east vs west, and the west (aka Apoc/BA) won. It was an even fight, at the beginning we were even losing ground in some places, but at the end, we won.

DeletedUser

Here's a point many seem to be missing from the beginning of the APOC-BA family alliance.

In the beginning there was knighthood. It got boring with attack brackets made useless. Many players from BA-I banded together and came over to w18 of tribalwars. None of us having (well ok maybe a couple of us had a clue but I sure didn't) a clue as to how to play this game. What we did have was loyalty to each other. We did learn early that we were too many too spread out. Thus we lost the SE (I think it was the SE) early and our members further east were assimilated or destroyed for the most part. We ourselves fragmented. BA split off. We consolidated ourselves into local tribes (for a most part).

(Insert mandatory disclaimer here) This is from MY and my only point of view.

We kept our internal loyalty and through diplomacy (lol yes the single most dispicable word in any form of war game), We secured our back areas. There were many times when the prophets of w18 could have seized the advantage and split us. But it didn't work, we didn't come apart, we kept our words to each other.

A lot of (fecal matter) has been talked about us but in the end we won. (My own personal opinion after a couple years this game world starts getting boring so it'd be better to be won sooner rather then being dragged on for another year or so.)

My own thoughts I'd of not chosen as much diplomacy but then I'd of most likely had it used against me and fallen then. I do remember when legion and leg1on and gkhan against their nap was all moving in on us. I remember being asked to move closer to them right before the legion war, when our so called nap was being violated by people nobling into us. I can remember MM sending distant support to them. So from my point of view there was a cohesive family and there was a unofficial family that never united well enough to put a stop to us when they could have. It really did seem to be a us vrs them from the getgo. That goes way back to before we gained any power and were a collection of new players on the rim.

So I for one am glad to of been part of the UA and that we did hold it together and that this world will be closing. It's been long enough. I'll take a break from TW for awhile and may again someday play again on a new world. And will have this experience to use.

I am glad to of played and will miss the friends made and even some of the enemies and would like to look forward to seeing some again on different worlds or different games. SO CONGRATULATIONS to W18!

Rashelle

mordecairule

What a joke... end World 7 already Morthy... a world that should be ended that is being dominated by ONE tribe, not 3.

Or at least turn off restarts (as promised when reaching between 70-80%) so we can get this dance over with.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

This thread is going to be a giant gripe fest.

I wish there were still enemies we could fight.
I wish people didnt just give up and delete.

I wish that the east could have put aside its differences instead of had internal struggles.

While the alliances that eventually became the UA - REDD + KNN (RKN), DS, DVA, BA and TWA all started on the rim we fought through the core through players who were thought to have been very good in previous worlds. We conquered rim continents. We had setbacks (TWA-NE, TWA-SE were lost) and i've had friends leave for personal reasons as well as in game losses.

We have done what no other world has done, and what i imagine few world will ever be able to do, create a long standing alliance where all parties are equal members who work together.
When i started in K21 I reached out to my allies, and these are the allies i've played with ever since. It didnt matter they were in another tribe because our leaders understood the benefits of a game-encompassing alliance. These friendships continue to this day.

While yes we have quite a large number of members in our alliance that hasnt been a hindrance, and yes, we did fight people who could snipe, we did fight people who knew how to make a wallbreaker and we know people who could gobble up 100s of villages to keep themselves alive.

I asked our enemies time and time again - if our numbers is such a weakness, why dont you noble out our bad players?
Why don't you noble into our backline and eat the many inactives you claim we have.

I cant tell you if they were lying or just couldn't put an OP together, but it didnt happen.

So yes, we have a lot of members
You can complain of tribal hugging as much as you feel will make you happy.

But we never hit an obstacle we didnt get through. Our members through coordination, skype and actually communicating with our alliance helped us win this world.

I only wish we didnt steamroll through so fast.
I'll miss you terror, apoc, et al

DeletedUser

I'll be sad to see this world end. It stole a year of my life from me ;) And I don't regret it at all. Too bad the Circus got hammered. We were kick ass. Congrats to the winners, Apoc family and BA.

DeletedUser

I think it's pretty pathetic that it took making a massive family of families in order to be successful. Congratulations to the Persians for defeating the Spartans.

In any event, I have a question. What happens after a world is closed? Does the server get wiped and restart after a time? I think that it would be interesting, if possible, for a restart date to be set, and have the world start over will all original players in their original villages. All people who don't log in within the first 72 hrs would be deleted, and their villages removed from the map, making room for new people to join the world. Just a thought.

DeletedUser36641

First off, I would like to congratulate all of my original tribemates. You were the most wonderful people in the world, and many of you were with me through Thick and Thin, from the very beginning to the bitter end. Those of you from BA-I, from Knighthood, you have my thanks for always being there.

To those of you in the UA, and later APOCALYPSE/BA, and who joined us later - a player could not have hoped for a better alliance. Yes, we had our issues, but in the end, we were able to see past them and unite, and stick together. Without you, W18 would not have been able to close nearly as fast as it did. So far, we have done it faster than anyone else. I'm not sure that this record will stand, but I think it has a chance. Surely no world that got as large will fall as fast.

To those of you who were on the other side of the fence - I congratulate and thank you as well. We didn't always see eye to eye, but I still think of many of you as quite worthy opponents. At the very least, this would not have been nearly as fun without people to compete against, whether that competition was friendly or not. In the end, the world was made up of all who were a part of it, and each of you had a role. It would not have been the same without you.

DeletedUser

Pshh. Everyone giving yared biased information...

If you want the truth, ask one of the cool ex-MM.
(Whenever they come spam...I mean, post.)​

DeletedUser

Here's a point many seem to be missing from the beginning of the APOC-BA family alliance.

In the beginning there was knighthood. It got boring with attack brackets made useless. Many players from BA-I banded together and came over to w18 of tribalwars. None of us having (well ok maybe a couple of us had a clue but I sure didn't) a clue as to how to play this game. What we did have was loyalty to each other. We did learn early that we were too many too spread out. Thus we lost the SE (I think it was the SE) early and our members further east were assimilated or destroyed for the most part. We ourselves fragmented. BA split off. We consolidated ourselves into local tribes (for a most part).

(Insert mandatory disclaimer here) This is from MY and my only point of view.

We kept our internal loyalty and through diplomacy (lol yes the single most dispicable word in any form of war game), We secured our back areas. There were many times when the prophets of w18 could have seized the advantage and split us. But it didn't work, we didn't come apart, we kept our words to each other.

A lot of (fecal matter) has been talked about us but in the end we won. (My own personal opinion after a couple years this game world starts getting boring so it'd be better to be won sooner rather then being dragged on for another year or so.)

My own thoughts I'd of not chosen as much diplomacy but then I'd of most likely had it used against me and fallen then. I do remember when legion and leg1on and gkhan against their nap was all moving in on us. I remember being asked to move closer to them right before the legion war, when our so called nap was being violated by people nobling into us. I can remember MM sending distant support to them. So from my point of view there was a cohesive family and there was a unofficial family that never united well enough to put a stop to us when they could have. It really did seem to be a us vrs them from the getgo. That goes way back to before we gained any power and were a collection of new players on the rim.

So I for one am glad to of been part of the UA and that we did hold it together and that this world will be closing. It's been long enough. I'll take a break from TW for awhile and may again someday play again on a new world. And will have this experience to use.

I am glad to of played and will miss the friends made and even some of the enemies and would like to look forward to seeing some again on different worlds or different games. SO CONGRATULATIONS to W18!

Rashelle

My tribe never had an alliance with anyone but Legion and I made it clear that they didnt handle our diplomacy every chance I had for the specific reason of avoiding complicating the game away from what we were strong at: Excerting alot of pressure one whomever we wanted to hit. So we never broke a NAP with anyone nor an alliance. We may be one of the few tribes that could say that. Our alliance with Legion ended when they ended. Once the lines were well drawn it was clear we wouldnt fight TS we may i dont recall for sure have had a NAP with them but we didnt need it really. We discussed one other NAP which we mutally declined based on principle.

That all said Rashelle. Your perspective is very similar to mine I thought the lines were pretty much drawn I came to that rather early. I personally didnt like it since I rather enjoyed overrunning bad tribes. (when I play poker i dont want to play the good players, I prefer the bad ones). I also didnt run from it, only I told Legion at one point we couldnt support them since we had almost no defensive villages, I tried not to say it exactly that way lol. Also your tendancy against diplomacy I whole heartedly agree with.

I thinke we could have been closer even were we on the same side. Just clarifying things as a matter of tribal pride. TWA and company vs Legion and company(MM pretty much supported us but they had some limitations as far as the Map and that they were at war) was clear as day to me.